bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

WELL I MEAN IT WAS A 52, AND IM LIKE 6'2 SO THAT WASNT WORKING, AND I WAS JUST BANGING IT UP, I MEAN, I DONT NEED A CARBON FOR INNER CITY SHENANIGANS. YEAH THE MADISON HAS A FLIP FLOP HUB, I RIDE THE FREEWHEEL BECAUSE GOING DOWNHILLS ON FIXIES SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF ME. OH WELL. I LIKE IT THOUGH, ITS STURDY AND CAN HANDLE SOME ABUSE. AND FITS ME FINE.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

at the moment all of my bikes are in perfect working order.

so that means a flat or something is probably around the corner.

as soon as i got a seatpost to stop slipping and the toptube pad saga straightened out

the BB on another bike started walking (its a miche). handled that yesterday.

it feels good to not have any bike maintainence on my mind.

now i can concentrate full time on getting the GFs bike commuter ready,

and on getting my concept back from bianchi.

for those keeping score, here is the timeline of my bianchi pista concept.

ordered april 2007.

received may 2008.

collar cracked october 2008.

shipped back to bianchi april 2009.

still waiting for a replacement...

I need some suggestions, I need a bike BAD. I'm obviously not racing otherwise I'd have prior knowledge on this shit.... Just lookin for a road bike to get me around the city. Not trying to spend too much money at all ($300-$400).

I've rode a fixie once, it was eh.. but it seems the only decent new bikes I'm finding are fixed.

Oh and the shit needs to be big, I went to a local shop today and I'm gonna need somehin around a 62-64. I'm 6'6"

officially started training today for the next singletrack series. i timed one full lap and it came out to 47mins. need to get to 35 mins with a hell of alot of endurance...

im keeping a log of all the hours i ride, what i need to improve, where i fell, why i fell ETC.

Sounds like you're taking the right steps, Acer.

Raced last night... shit was seriously fast. I'm so wrecked from the effort that I couldn't even ride today. I could barely walk at work. Got into one break last night that stayed away for a lap. We were hauling the whole time. During that break I was on the front two inches of my saddle the whole time... I won't even compliment on how the chode feels today.

lol^

i'm yearning to put my muscles through some pain at this point. it's been almost 3 months of nagging from one leg...grrrrrr.

You should get that checked out before it becomes a real hassle. If it's muscle or joint pain, look into acupuncture...here's the place I went to-

Ashby Center of Complementary Medicine

2615 Ashby Avenue

Suite 2

Berkeley, CA 94705

(510) 843-5000

You can do better for sure, just take a little time and constantly check back. I've never heard of Superia but after looking it up I didn't find much to back up the company. I think (don't quote me) that the seller is basing the price off of the fact that it's a single speed lugged frame and some tight pant wearing hipster with flashy nikes will pay that much for it. I'd say keep looking, unless someone else can drop a little more knowledge on the frame than I can to justify the price.

All I know is that thing has got to be old as balls considering it has cottered cranks.

You should get that checked out before it becomes a real hassle. If it's muscle or joint pain, look into acupuncture..

doc says it was probably a ligament/tendon pull or slight tear.

i was advised to 'take it easy' which is tough - i feel like i'm going to lose all fitness i've built if i dont ride...well...pretty much everyday.

2K9_DEW.jpg

just picked this up at the flea market. its not as cool as all your emo speeds, but suits me just fine. 200 and its worth 450..good deal.

funny story , a guy i know that was gonna do a tune up for me said he probably put the bike together, since it was bought from the bike store he worked at.ha..fuckin white people helping a poor messican afford a good bike..

A ton of people convert their bikes to single speeds and never do it right. One of the things I see constantly is an outrageously crooked chain line.

I see. What problem does that cause in the ride of the bike?

I see. What problem does that cause in the ride of the bike?

The chain falls off all the time. Based on the photos I saw, your bike looks fairly well built so I wouldn't sweat it.

Bumboclot- if you want a single speed you can pick up a new complete bike for $400-500. It probably won't be anything fancy, but it will be a lot more reliable than most of the half-assed hipster bullshit I see for sale on Craigslist these days.