The Nonsense thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

You have to know the answer to this question! If you died right now, how would you feel about your life?

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.

Go to bed thirty minutes earlier than usual.

Get up twenty minutes earlier than usual.

Before you go to sleep, prepare for the morning.

Bring a hat and an umbrella.

Don’t wear tight clothes or uncomfortable shoes.

Make a list.

Listen to a favorite song.

Keep extra cash and stamps in the house.

Be polite and be fair.

Laugh out loud.

Have a good book to read.

Keep an extra set of keys.

Exercise.

Always keep your passport in the same place.

Throw something away.

Don’t say mean things about other people.

Put a Bandaid in your wallet.

Keep gas in the car.

Pay attention to someone else.

Make your bed.

In these compositions Iverson places perspective lines and containers directly on top of these beautiful scenes of nature. At first glance the viewer is taken in by these lovely landscapes. Even the containers add beauty to the scenes with their colorful and geometric forms. But when you look deeper into the work you begin to consider the questionable beauty surrounding the direct invasion of industry and its damaging debris.

The Saints consciously limited Reggie Bush's touches during the regular season to ensure that he would be healthy for the postseason.

Bush had more than 10 carries in a game just once all year and was held out of three contests as a precaution. It's paying off now for the Saints, but it's a recipe for fantasy disaster. As long as this is the plan with Bush, he'll remain an afterthought in regular-season fantasy leagues.

Bitch got knocked the fuck out end of story in other news

Richard Seymour said Tuesday that he's interested in returning to Oakland and has already had contract talks with owner Al Davis.

Seymour played fairly well for the Raiders, though not nearly well enough to be worth the 2011 first-round draft pick for which he was exchanged. If a long-term deal can't be worked out, the Raiders are expected to apply the franchise tag to Seymour.

Have you ever had a SINGLE MOMENT'S THOUGHT about my responsibilities? Have you ever thought, for a single solitary moment about my responsibilities to my employers? Has it ever occurred to you that I have agreed to look after the OVERLOOK Hotel until May the FIRST. Does it MATTER TO YOU AT ALL that the OWNERS have placed their COMPLETE CONFIDENCE and TRUST in me, and that I have signed a letter of agreement, a CONTRACT, in which I have accepted that RESPONSIBILITY? Do you have the SLIGHTEST IDEA, what a MORAL AND ETHICAL PRINCIPLE IS, DO YOU? Has it ever occurred to you what would happen to my future, if I were to fail to live up to my responsibilities? Has it ever occurred to you? HAS IT?

Your son has a very great talent. I don't think you are aware how great it is. That he is attempting to use that very talent against your will...

A very willful boy. A rather naughty boy, if I may be so bold, sir.

Perhaps he and his mother need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more. My girls, sir, they didn't care for the Overlook at first. One of them actually stole a pack of matches, and tried to burn it down. But I "corrected" them sir. And when my wife tried to prevent me from doing my duty, I "corrected" her.