Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by OGchinabanks@Feb 2 2005, 03:07 PM

but i totally agree on what your saying. all these kids going out and pasting on electrical boxes and advertisment walls. that aint illegal that is legal forsure. but the kids that get freeways roof tops and trains and stuff like that, more graffiti influenced poster bombing forsure is illegal. but i am sure the penelty for wheatpasting is a fine not a felony like graffiti. so kids that poster get off easy. but in the future i see both stickering and posters being a illegal and considered vandalism.

i was thinking about the legalness of wheatpasting..like i always see posters on abandoned buildings for like new cd's n shit...and shit..i see politician posters and signs and stickers around long after elections are over..o well...im lookin to start wheatpasting....right now ive only put up stickers and what not

just so everyone knows, if you use usps stickers for your stickers, you may get some heat. ive been hearing that since its misuse of united states government property it can be a felony. if anyone else hears stuff like this then post again on here with what you know. if writers in your area start getting heat for it then you may want to look into racking labels at wal mart or something. also, a company called u-line does orders for shipping for companies and stuff and they sell boxes of 100 sheets of 1/2 page stickers for like 3 bucks and the more you order, the lower the price. they have them in different colors too. might wanna check it out.

• 4 weeks later...

what im currently experimenting with is a bottle of wall paper adhesive with a roller attached to it that i came across when i was looking for new rollers. i just carry it in a plastic bag . so it kinda looks as if i just bought something then when i want put something up i just hold it upside down and . instant sunshine ! anyways . the bottle is cool because it can be refilled with homemade paste. gyes. peace

o and its only five bucks.

o and does anyone know if you use spray adhesives on like an electric box or something will the vapors make it explode. i aint even trying to burn down someones house or small business right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Boston:

IMG_2938.jpg

IMG_2939.jpg

soho:

P1000744.jpg

looking for more spots to hit in brooklyn, boston, and dorchester(also surrounding areas).

I'm also looking for a new 5 gallon pot to cook paste in, since my roomate who moved out took it with her.

hope you all enjoy, and any feedback, constructive or not, is always appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this is how I roll...

this is my cooler bag that I put paste in.

img18998ce.th.jpg

it also has this handy pocket that fits a roller perfectly!!!

img19010hb.th.jpg

This the brush that I use(12"x3")gets the job done..Convienently fits inside the bag for getting more paste..

img19054sc.th.jpg

And this is my pvc pipe tube(3'x2") .It keeps my posters dry,unripped,hidden,and mangeable.

(cost $8 to make at ace hardware(end caps too) you can make it whatever size you like.)

img19060hx.th.jpg

I hope my tools inspire you all to put more thought into what your doing.also homemade paste store bought paste its all the same.I have actually had the best luck with frozen homemade paste that I thawed out and used.Those posters are still running(2 years now).And if you are making your own posters steal a projector from your school and trace the image off of your wall then paint it just like that guy said back up in tha thread.Its the cheapest way.

If ya wanna check out some of my paste ups check them out by going to http://www.myspace.com/cheapone

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by THOZER-AIR-EDSKINGDOM@Jan 3 2006, 11:16 AM

SORRY ..BUT IM A ROOKIE WHEN IT COMES TO WHEAT PAISTEING....

Up Thoze?

The paiste goes on the wall first (cover the whole spot more than

what your poster will cover), put the poster up, and put paiste on

the poster (make certian to get the edges), to finich it: scquegee

it down making certian it's covered and to the wall with the lease

amount of airpockets and wrinkles.

As far as paper, you don't want something extra thick and heavy

because of the wieght and it's inablity to form-fit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by holycrapRUN@Aug 24 2004, 12:55 AM

fuck wheat pasting my mom is always like eat your breakfast and im like fuck u mom buy somethin good like cap'n crunch and that slut is like 'EAT UR WEATIES" dumb bitch

what the fuck? LOL

Yo shit sounds messy I like the idea of the spray adhesive.

Thanks for all the tips

I have a funny story that is cautionary to all who haven't wheatpasted before. After my first night of pasting, i had a little bit of my concoction leftover, I left all my stuff in my yuppie bag (aka my disquise) and didn't think about it for the next 4 or 5 days.

I came home one day and the whole bottom floor of my house fucking stank, kinda like crushed ginko berries but worse. My parents were bitching, trying to find the source, and they asked me if I puked somewhere in the house and forgot about it. Then my mom showed me she had found where the stink was coming from by swinging my bag in front of my face, and my dad kept asking me what the hell was in the bag.

The moarle of this story: never be lazy and leave wheatpaste in your bag, for you will get a nasty suprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived