Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

Originally posted by OGchinabanks

LENS.

do you have family or are from orange county?

i was skating the pool at vans at the block and when i was leaving i saw a LENS thorwy. like not postal, black sticker maybe even, but i also saw a numbers throwy, like upside down 7 and a backwards 3 and a n and a 5. i think it was LENS.

?

I have a sister in L.A. but that's about it.

No, it wasn't me. I know of a few other Lens' running around down south. I'm gonna have to crush'em one of these days.

Good wheatpaste flicks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by flippingreat

i deffinatly liking the wheat pasting, how do u make big posters though, i wanna make a color one, drawing it myself would take to long...

Kinkos if you have money to waste

Silkscreen if you're O.G.

Or, just hit the glass peeezeee, grab a giant notebook and start drawing

I know it's not quite wheatpaste, but has anyone tried evaporated milk? I have read before and heard from a friend that simply brushing it over a piece of paper pressed against a wall (best on cement and grainy surfaces) is pretty much garunteed infinite post till they pressure wash it. has anyone tried this, or maybe put evaprated milk in their whaetpaste recipe?

evaporated milk? I put that shit in my thai ice tea. It's hella sweet....you'd attract pests and that shit would probably smell weird giving people more incentive to take the wheatpaste down.

No need to fuck with the equation...wheatpaste is good enough for all intents and purposes.

Originally posted by ODS-1

Yeah kinkos is a chain corporate print shop in america. They apparently used to be easy to scam free copies but they got new machines and you can't do that anymore.

FUCK yeah it used to be easy to scam them. I used to run off with hundreds of copies and only pay for maybe two or three. The new system they have changed all that....::sigh::

but yeah, silkscreen your own for that urban look and feel to it. Paying someone to do it for you (unless it's a friend who can give you a fat hook up) is a waste of cash

I am not familiar with silkscreening; any how-to's about the process?

And yeah wasn't really sure with the evaporated milk shit, jsut read about it on some "anarchy" website as a way to stick rude flyers on the walls of your school. One friend told me it works.

Originally posted by test

I am not familiar with silkscreening; any how-to's about the process?

And yeah wasn't really sure with the evaporated milk shit, jsut read about it on some "anarchy" website as a way to stick rude flyers on the walls of your school. One friend told me it works.

Hmmm, it wouldn't hurt to try but it's really thick, gluey stuff. It's bascially milk that has been reduced to the consistency of cold molasses.

Obviously you'd have to dilute it a bit but hmmmm.....give it a try and let us know how it worked out for you.

PUT WHEATPASTE IN A BUCKET. IT WILL NEVER DRY UP IF THERES A LOT OF IT. BUT IT WILL WATER DOWN AND START SMELLING LIKE CHINA TOWN IF YOU DONT USE IT WITHIN LIKEA FEW DAY.

AND BIG POSTERS. FUCK KINKOS AND FUCK SILKSCREENING.

PROJECT YOUR IMAGE ONTO A WALL, GO GET BULK ROLLS OF BIG ASS PAPER, TAPE THE PAPER ON THE WALL, TRACE YOUR IMAGE WITH SHARPIE THEN FILL IN WITH PAINT. YOU CAN GOOOOOO BIG.

AND IF YOU WANT TO GO TO KINKOS, DIVIDE YOUR IMAGE INTO 4, PRINT ONE OF EACH BIG THEN GLUE STICK TOGTHER TO MAKE ONE BIG ASS POSTER. IVE GONE 10 FEET. BUT MY FRIEND PAINTED IT FOR ME. AND IVE GONE LIKE 8 FEET AT KINKOS. WHEN YOU MAKE BIG PRINTS AT KINKOS YOU DONT HAVE TO USE A CARD. JUST PRINT YOUR POSTERS, FOLD UP A FEW AND PUT EM IN YOUR BACKPACK AND JUST PAY FOR A COUPLE.

CHEERS.

wheat pasting is chill.. just take your time and dont make a mess.. its barely illegal. just take it down if you have a run in with the pigs. tell them its an advertisement for your friends band thats playing a show soon. remember to put a layer of paste over the poster after you stick it up, too. just out of curiousity, do you guys use brushes or rollers? i use both, brushes to stick the poster up and then a roller to go over it, shit comes out niiice. peaceo.

wheatpasting is taking over. but wont ever be as big as graf. graf is louder then bombs. but i wish pasting was more professionaly done, like kids with common sense. too much bull shit on posters. and everything is sideway and on electrical boxes. take it to the next level. ROOF TOPS. BILLBOARDS. DITCHES. FREEWAY PASS. get creative. and keep it straight no sideways shit. and try to line up shit. thats always a plus. and dont vandalize. dont be pasting on peoples fucking cars and shit, you can hit trucks and what not, but dont go to stores and paste on the windows. only if its shut down. like graf. be neat.

its all about brushes. i really dont like rollers.

Originally posted by OGchinabanks

PUT WHEATPASTE IN A BUCKET. IT WILL NEVER DRY UP IF THERES A LOT OF IT. BUT IT WILL WATER DOWN AND START SMELLING LIKE CHINA TOWN IF YOU DONT USE IT WITHIN LIKEA FEW DAY.

AND BIG POSTERS. FUCK KINKOS AND FUCK SILKSCREENING.

PROJECT YOUR IMAGE ONTO A WALL, GO GET BULK ROLLS OF BIG ASS PAPER, TAPE THE PAPER ON THE WALL, TRACE YOUR IMAGE WITH SHARPIE THEN FILL IN WITH PAINT. YOU CAN GOOOOOO BIG.

AND IF YOU WANT TO GO TO KINKOS, DIVIDE YOUR IMAGE INTO 4, PRINT ONE OF EACH BIG THEN GLUE STICK TOGTHER TO MAKE ONE BIG ASS POSTER. IVE GONE 10 FEET. BUT MY FRIEND PAINTED IT FOR ME. AND IVE GONE LIKE 8 FEET AT KINKOS. WHEN YOU MAKE BIG PRINTS AT KINKOS YOU DONT HAVE TO USE A CARD. JUST PRINT YOUR POSTERS, FOLD UP A FEW AND PUT EM IN YOUR BACKPACK AND JUST PAY FOR A COUPLE.

CHEERS.

Yes Chinatown does smell bad.

i tried screen printing/silk screening today, was really good but my stencil was quite thick so it didnt work as good, i looked at other stencils and they had used like a masking tape texture kinda paper, i also found quite alot of ink is wasted in this process aswell, so when i try again im going to use a thinner texture with a stencil on

Originally posted by killnshit@Oct 4 2004, 03:36 PM

so do you just draw on a piece of paper and then paste it up?

Or you can design an image and then make massive amounts of photocopies if you want a more clear image, which is good if you want to have something with a message that's easy to read.

You can print out and photocopy a massive amount of exact copies of an image that can be of any amount of detail. Some people are not so talented with a can of paint as to put up a nice arrangemnt of graphics and texts. Look at some of the flicks people posted on the last couple pages, some jsut owuldn't be practical to do with paint. Wheatpaste can get mad ups, quick. It's more like posting a flyer.

Archived