Wheatpasting 101

ODS-1

Originally posted by wiseguy

what do you keep your wheatpaste in while out sticking posters up? i dont imagine that a bucket of wheatpase would be that easy to carry around, it is fairly conspicuous as well, could you put it in some sort of bottle? or would it be too gluggy and thick? how much is actually required to affix an A4 size poster to a wall?

What I was thinking is get and old messenger bag (or any other type of sidebag. Then line it with some tarp, and pour the wheatpaste in. Keep the bag upright. You may want to clean it out when you get back to base though, so the two sides of the bag don't stick together.

Does anyone know how to clean wheatpaste out of a roller?

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by doesntcrush

wooo wooooo weat pastin is the jam. me and fight the buff had our first experience with it today. shit bouta get into that shit!!!

I saw the pics. You guys gotta remember to get the corners. The corners are very important.

edit*

Looked good though.

Originally posted by ODS-1

What I was thinking is get and old messenger bag (or any other type of sidebag. Then line it with some tarp, and pour the wheatpaste in. Keep the bag upright. You may want to clean it out when you get back to base though, so the two sides of the bag don't stick together.

?

nice idea but it screams "guaranteed mess"

nice thread. this has been my first post in some time, and advice on things like this are always invaluable. thanks for posting.

looks like the main site STILL isn't up. i met some of the people who run this site at scribble in 2002, and they said that this shit would be up and running soon. haha. like two years ago. i think it's a long running joke.

• 2 weeks later...

spray adhesive is toy.

home made wheatpaste is OG. andddddd way better. mix in a little resin and resin hardner and it is impossiable to rip down. but dont go out and get sloppy like every other pasteaholic

and is it just me or is anyone finally fed up with shepards decisions on where he sells his product, i mean it was a heartbreak when he starting making so much clothing product, but he now sells obey in surfshops. that is LOWWWWWWW.

Originally posted by OGchinabanks

and is it just me or is anyone finally fed up with shepards decisions on where he sells his product, i mean it was a heartbreak when he starting making so much clothing product, but he now sells obey in surfshops. that is LOWWWWWWW.

Go discuss it on Third Rail genius. this is the WHEATPASTE thread...not the I'M PISSED MY IDOL "SOLD-OUT" thread

Originally posted by LENS

Can anyone share their experiences using spray adhesive versus wheat paste?

Which worked better/had better staying power?

Spray adhesive is cleaner. With wheat paste, you usually end up getting it all over your hands. Then by the end of the night, you got soem of the crustiest hands you can imagine. But, wheat pasting is funner. You get the whole experience with actualy paste and a brush. Or what ever tool you prefer other than a brush.

Originally posted by LENS

Go discuss it on Third Rail genius. this is the WHEATPASTE thread...not the I'M PISSED MY IDOL "SOLD-OUT" thread

easy lens. i was just talking about how paste is a good and spray is for beginners.

and since were talking about pasting, shep came to mind. he is amazing at street art and getting up. i just think the clothing went a little far. and the wrong people wear it.

but ya i agree with the dude about caring around a bucket of paste, it does suck. but for street hits like during the day you can get a ceral tuberwear conatiner with a cap on it at the 99cent store and a regualy homepaste brush will fit in it. you can put it in a backpack and it wont spill. also bring a rag to whipe your hands/brush and protect your posters. messenger bags work the best. have fun : )

Originally posted by OGchinabanks

easy lens. i was just talking about how paste is a good and spray is for beginners.

and since were talking about pasting, shep came to mind. he is amazing at street art and getting up. i just think the clothing went a little far. and the wrong people wear it.

but ya i agree with the dude about caring around a bucket of paste, it does suck. but for street hits like during the day you can get a ceral tuberwear conatiner with a cap on it at the 99cent store and a regualy homepaste brush will fit in it. you can put it in a backpack and it wont spill. also bring a rag to whipe your hands/brush and protect your posters. messenger bags work the best. have fun : )

if he made his shit just for writers then he wouldnt be making any money off of it. When you make clothing, no matter what culture you are trying to "use", you want to make it so it appeals to the masses. If you don't understand this then reply when you aren't 15.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

if he made his shit just for writers then he wouldnt be making any money off of it. When you make clothing, no matter what culture you are trying to "use", you want to make it so it appeals to the masses. If you don't understand this then reply when you aren't 15.

you said it best brotherman. he is doing it for the money now. so looks like he is a sell out. but his street skills are amazing and i just wish obey would of stayed a little more underground, or sold in stratigic stores, unlike him selling it in surfshops.

but ya your right. if you wanna make money you gotta get it everywhere. looks like shep is doing it for the money : (

but he kinda deserves it. after more then 10 years of putting in street time he is finally making money.

LENS.

the thinner the better brotherman.

and its all about the paste. its gotta be thick so the adhesive in the paste bunches up and works. unlike waterdown paste that tends to let the edges peel.

if you have any questions or what the 411 i know about pasting, i got a screen name. pasteanddestroy im usally on.