12oz IRC channel

casekonly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame on you casek, there's already a chatroom for file sharing on slsk.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=34703

edit: also I tried to set up an mirc room for 12oz a long time ago (search threads and you will see the one I made).... it worked, but the fact of the matter is, alot of people aren't technically inclined enough to fingure out mirc.... so it flopped, but the slsk room seems to be working very well...

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Shame on you casek, there's already a chatroom for file sharing on slsk.

http://www.12ozprophet.com/forum/showthrea...&threadid=34703

edit: also I tried to set up an mirc room for 12oz a long time ago (search threads and you will see the one I made).... it worked, but the fact of the matter is, alot of people aren't technically inclined enough to fingure out mirc.... so it flopped, but the slsk room seems to be working very well...

no, no, no, dirty hacx0r...shame on you. the irc room is going quite well. we've had several visitors and permanent members.

it's fun. you should join us. feel free to add instructions to help the people who aren't technically inclined

btw: it's a secure room.

Originally posted by casekonly

feel free to add instructions to help the people who aren't technically inclined

yes, yes...that would help a GREAT deal!

i was fumbling with that thing for about 45min last night. i finally gave up and crashed out. i felt stupid b/c i couldn't figure it out. i'm usually good at figuring things out you know...honest!

Originally posted by slave_one

yes, yes...that would help a GREAT deal!

i was fumbling with that thing for about 45min last night. i finally gave up and crashed out. i felt stupid b/c i couldn't figure it out. i'm usually good at figuring things out you know...honest!

you're on a mac...that doesn't help alot...

ok, the first thing you do is open the program, it should give you a list of servers to connect to (dalnet, efnet, etc) what you want to do is add your a server, which would be irc.bctel.org, connect to it, then a window should pop up with a list of rooms that you can go to, again, you want to add one, since 12oz is invisible. type in #12ozprophet

you're there! (hopefully)

if you need more help, i'll try to find a mac user for you.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

Well I guess I did something wrong then. Learn me casek, learn me gud.

i dunno what you did? you're on a pc? install mirc, go to mirc options, click button (it's really just the word) that says "connect" click the button that says "add", now, add irc.bctel.org and add the name, maybe bctel...

now, hit ok, now click the button that says "connect to server", now at the screen that pops up with that list of rooms, type in #12ozprophet

that's it!

DHABZ, uh, ok, yeah....slsk soon, manilla

Nah, not at all, I use MIRC to keep up with the gamecube linux project alot... it's just.... it's just.... not quite as good as soulseek for finding music.... now I know that you are only aiming for chat, but when you mix the chat and the filesharing without setting up any kind of complicated fserv'ing crud you get slsk.... and there's dedicated members hanging out in the slsk room right now, I know this and I'm not even in there.

yes, there is.... please hold for link....

http://captnswing.net/howto/nicotine/

provided it's a little bit more of a pain than the win version.... it's just as good if not better since it's on a linux based system. Last time I set up slsk on my linux I had some extra options that the windows version didn't have.... like being able to make my own scripts, and displaying the uptime of my client and such.

But that stuff's extra.... slsk by itself is a great addition to anyone's desktop computer.

do you have aim?

a terminal window is like a prompt, it's where you enter in text commands.... I'm not exactly sure how to do that on a mac, but I'm sure there's someone around here that's more familiar with macintosh's..... tell me your SN if you have aim and I'll see what I can do to help.

Archived