george w bush on meet the press, this sunday, with timmy "the man" russert!

mental invalid

Originally posted by mental invalid

the smoking gun clip?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/bush/bush.html

If George W. Bush ends up in the White House, The Smoking Gun would like to be the first web outfit to formally offer Dubya an artifact for his future presidential library. The Republican's wacky performance in this 1992 wedding video excerpt--shot years after Bush went cold turkey in July 1986--needs to be preserved for future generations.

The video was shot at the August 29, 1992 wedding of Jamie Weiss, the daughter of Dubya's close friends Mike and Nancy Weiss. Mike, a Lubbock, Texas lawyer and CPA, was Bush's campaign chairman during his first political race (an unsuccessful 1978 congressional bid) and was one of the Texas governor's earliest political appointments. Nancy, also a Bush appointee, had a prime speaking slot on the final night of the Republican convention. She told the crowd, "I wish you could see how he reaches out to people, teasing those who can take it and protecting those who can't."

Indeed, what a teaser!

When cameraman T. Patrick Murray filmed Bush during the wedding reception at a Lubbock country club, the future governor took some rambling--and we presume good-natured--swipes at the newlyweds, the bride's parents, and her brother Kelly (Bush was being quizzed by a member of the bridal party). We love the part where teetotaler George actually disses two of the Weisses for supposedly not drinking or smoking. And as for those weird Don King-like "only in America" cracks--not to mention what's in that glass--your guess is as good as TSG's.

Click here for Bush's wacky wedding performance

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by !@#$%

i would've liked to see some of the 60 minutes fools go at him..

yea..but i wouldn't bet all my chips on some real shit from them either..

i would like to see some independants step up and lay down.

of course that would never happen, which begs more questions

about the state of the union..

thanks poopyman.

oh, mental..you don't think koppel could step? hahaha

^^of course..

i don't expect any verteran journalist to be able to look past the 'president' and actually question the man. i was thinking specifically of mike wallace, who i don't think would give an unbiased interview, it's just when i think of him, i think he's enough of a jerk to ask the harder questions.

they should let me do the interview:

Tonight on NBC

watch President Bush get verbally decimated by everyone's favorite graffiti writer.

"so presidentjackass, what do you say to the hundreds of families of dead american soldiers who lost their lives in Iraq now that it has been shown that your pre-emptive war was all just a revenge plot?

wouldn't you agree that the blood of hundreds of dead iraqi civilians is on your hands? (as she stands and throws a pitcher of blood onto bush's head)"

Another decent MTP-analysis article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...1-2004Feb8.html

Bush: Hussein Eluded Containment Efforts

By Walter Pincus

Washington Post Staff Writer

Monday, February 9, 2004; Page A08

In defending his decision to go to war in Iraq, President Bush suggested yesterday a belief that U.N. inspections and sanctions were of limited utility in preventing Saddam Hussein from acquiring weapons of mass destruction.

"Containment doesn't work with a man who is a madman," Bush said during his interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," even as he acknowledged banned weapons have yet to be found.

Bush's assessment of the U.N. efforts, however, does not appear to be shared by his own former chief weapons inspector, David Kay. In testimony Jan. 28 before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Kay lauded the effectiveness of past U.N. efforts. "In holding the [iraq arms] program down and keeping it from break out [building numbers of weapons], I think the [u.N.] record is better than we would have anticipated," Kay said.

Kay also said Iraqi scientists had told him recently that they were surprised the U.N. inspectors were so tough and reported some programs were ended in the mid-1990s because of the inspections, but without specific evidence the U.N. inspectors did not believe the Iraqis because they had lied before.

NBC's Tim Russert asked Bush about statements he had made during fall 2002 when the administration was building support for a congressional authorization for war. These included Bush saying, "The Iraqi regime is a threat of unique urgency," and "Saddam Hussein is a threat that we must deal with as quickly as possible." Bush did not acknowledge having made those statements and said, "In my language, I called it a 'grave and gathering threat,' " a phrase he used in a speech before the United Nations on Sept. 12, 2002.

White House aides have insisted, since no weapons have been found, that Bush never used the word "imminent" in describing the Iraq threat. Yesterday, Bush said, "I don't want to get into a word contest."

In describing the threat posed by Hussein, Bush said twice that the former Iraqi leader was a threat to the United States because he "was paying for suicide bombers" that went into Israel, implying that the Iraqi money generated the attacks. After suicide bombings, Hussein in recent years said that, as Saudi Arabia and several Gulf states had been doing for years, he would give $25,000 to support each of the perpetrators' families. But many experts agree those funds, no matter where their origin, were not the motivation for the attackers.

Bush also said Hussein was a threat because "he was funding terrorist groups." Iraq had granted asylum to terrorists such as Abu Nidal and supplied money and training to Palestinian groups that fought Israel. Authorities say there is no evidence that Hussein gave direct financial support to Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network either before or after the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, although some al Qaeda operatives and associates passed through Baghdad.

Originally posted by Æ°

"The skull and bones is so secret we can't talk about it."

definately the creepiest moment in the entire interview, espescially since Russert was pointing out the both Bush AND Kerry are members...

On the other 'most uncomfortable issues' Bush at least squirmed a little and did his 'heh' laugh and said things like "well, you know, I'm just not gonna be able to comment on that"...

That shit's fucked up... I actually also metioned that quote to my Dad today... hahaha, actually, what led me into it was pop's said about "You know, I'm afraid he's just dumb"... a little hint of sadness, like we were talking about a dog or a distant cousin... not that he ever supported Bush but he's still a sympathetic guy...

Archived