UK COMMUTER TRAINS

trainspotter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by fresh_SE

Not a problem, I'm kinda new to 12 Oz so I don't really know how these things work.

I'm glad that they don't want their photos on the forum, cuz they just get pimped! (I want the www.conartists.co.uk update to be really good and sorta exclusive).

I have about 35-40 panel flicks that aren't on that site at the moment, so it will be much better when I actually get my shit together and sort it out.

(I will mail you with those soon)

Fresh TMP XS SE

nah mate i think those writers don't want their panels on the net period, not just 12oz. one of the writers concerned made a very good point to my mate once about panels 'dying' once they're on the net.

it is quite a paradoxical though - painting public transport and trying to limit who sees it! :confused:

like you say, anything you post on your site (which is well nice by the way) will get swiped sooner or later and posted here. in fact urban cowboy seems to have been raiding your archives all afternoon!

Originally posted by nG

i was referring to the debate about style - i thought the 'backlash' was about so-called Euro style

All sorted NG....i'm not out to start any bullshit net beef. I give props to NT for the panels they do and there new look at style. But what gets me is the arsehole attitude that goes along with it. Now thats it from me, don't want the big man to add me to the "NT Hitlist".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a problem, I'm kinda new to 12 Oz so I don't really know how these things work.

I'm glad that they don't want their photos on the forum, cuz they just get pimped! (I want the www.conartists.co.uk update to be really good and sorta exclusive).

I have about 35-40 panel flicks that aren't on that site at the moment, so it will be much better when I actually get my shit together and sort it out.

(I will mail you with those soon)

Fresh TMP XS SE

Any idea where this shot was taken? http://www.conartists.co.uk/outsiders/image/glafre_1.jpg'>

Originally posted by nG

nah mate i think those writers don't want their panels on the net period, not just 12oz. one of the writers concerned made a very good point to my mate once about panels 'dying' once they're on the net.

it is quite a paradoxical though - painting public transport and trying to limit who sees it! :confused:

like you say, anything you post on your site (which is well nice by the way) will get swiped sooner or later and posted here. in fact urban cowboy seems to have been raiding your archives all afternoon!

Dont see why writers get so moany about their flicks bein on the internet. Alot of writers do steel exclusively for magazines etc but when its running around all day people are bound to get pictures of it. And good on them if they spend a whole day sittin at bridge and runnin to platforms to get the flicks - why shouldnt they post em on the internet.

Originally posted by urban cowboy

Dont see why writers get so moany about their flicks bein on the internet. Alot of writers do steel exclusively for magazines etc but when its running around all day people are bound to get pictures of it. And good on them if they spend a whole day sittin at bridge and runnin to platforms to get the flicks - why shouldnt they post em on the internet.

<span style='color:purple'>I agree with your point...paint steel, for it not to be seen by a "spotter" who will in turn inform the 12 of its running,which will get more "spotters"out for illusive flix....Bit daft isnt it?</span>

Originally posted by urban cowboy

i know mate, i wasn't having a go. thats why i said its a paradox (contradictory).

personally i save all my steel flicks for email/postal trading. it makes you wonder what it'd be like if everyone did that though. no steel on HYB, 12oz, L12, eyegasm...

Originally posted by nG

i know mate, i wasn't having a go. thats why i said its a paradox (contradictory).

personally i save all my steel flicks for email/postal trading. it makes you wonder what it'd be like if everyone did that though. no steel on HYB, 12oz, L12, eyegasm...

No steel....no!!!!! :nope: Trading nG????? :lol:

i agree that it is kinda wired that people dont want flicks of thier steel on the net, but then again, maybe its because they want to get up through people seeing their shit in the flesh when riding the system rather than than a couple of tired flicks being circulated around the net on various forums getting them cheap fame that they'd rather earn by thier shit being seen only until it runs to the buff.....also flicks on the net draws more attention to a peice from rather more unwanted scources, which some writers might not want, of course if steel gets done btp are gonna take flciks and try to get it buffed before it runs....but if it running causes all this palava and flicks are blasted all over the net, its gonna draw btp's attention even more, making the writer concerned even more wanted as they've publicly beat the "no-runner" system..... having said that though, i always like seeing flicks of shit gettig done + fresh_SE, if you got flicks of the jugs mood would you mind e-mailing me them iamokrutoo@hotmail.com :lol: :lol: id appreciate it.

also, as im here i think the odd NT peice is alright...some of it i dont get, a bit of anies stuff is good and most of nylons...(but im not sure he's init any more after his beef with aroe)

its really not about informers:nope: :nope: :nope:

The "acez" was really good too, "the" was totally euro,

i dont think the term "totally euro" is a very fair judgement of this individuals style. many people are dissing NT for their euro attempts and i think that it is fair to diss NT in this way,because NT are fully ripping of euro writers.

'THE' is different in that he has bin rocking odd and ugly type graff for many years now,years before NT and others were doin these so called 'euro' styles. his stuff has always bin pretty weird.i fink THE deserves nuff more respect than NT and i dont think his graff shud just be dismissed as

'totally euro'

fair enough point i guess, I was just dis-appointed because it looks so much better in magazines than it does in real life. I don't really think that NT stuff bears any relation to a lot of The stuff, they look completely different. Fair enough they are coming from the same perspectives as they are doing different un-conventional graf, but the real beauty in NT stuff lies in the fact that its so neatly messy.

I was really happy to see an NT panel, it was insanely neat, photos really don't do them justice.

Fresh TMP XS SE

here, loco fan club, dont go posting my flicks and then pretend they are yours, I don't particularly mind if you post them, but not when you make comments like "they are about 2 years old" how the fuck would you know, you didn' take them!

For your information they were painted in Germany.

Fresh TMP XS SE

here, loco fan club, dont go posting my flicks and then pretend they are yours, I don't particularly mind if you post them, but not when you make comments like "they are about 2 years old" how the fuck would you know, you didn' take them!

Fresh TMP XS SE

If you read his post you may realise why he knows how old they are.

Fresh TMP XS SE

ok we've had a short discussion on the contradictory nature of trying to control who sees panels.

urban cowboy said people that wait at the Bridge all day (i thought panels only ran in rush hour? never mind) have a right to do what they want with their flicks. i agree with that.

however, some people now think that taking a flick of a someone elses work is akin to owning the work.

how the hell is taking a photo the same as actually doing the graf???

Fresh TMP XS SE

Yo yo yo please don't try and chuck it...i know loco can go on some times but if you read his message that thing there well...it is personal to him...and i'm sure he could inform you as to where and whom painted them... what paint was used and the hour of the day or night they were painted...

Nice site by the way...but...If you don't want your site to get rinsed then you should'nt of put the address up.

I don't mind stuff getting knicked off my site for a forum that much.

I see your point he probably painted it, knows who does it etc....I'm new to 12 oz so I don't have a scooby how these things work.

Cheers,

Fresh TMP XS SE

I think some people that take panel photos should acknowledge that if someone hadn't done the panel, you wouldn't have the photo.

(Sorry for seeming miffed earlier, I didn't really get what was going on because I didn't ckeck the previous post page).

Also there was some more stuff running through Bridge last night, "Mist one, and two others (haven't really looked at them)" Probably back jumps as they all put up "Quick shit".

And "Pork" top to bottom chromes, great to see some view obstructors in Service, (I have seen stuff that midly goes above the windows and they have none of it).

Fresh TMP XS SE

Fresh TMP XS SE

<span style='color:purple'>Ahem....now dont get me wrong.Im not "posting"your flicks any old how, just using the benoit/depot freight as an example. Oh and just to put the record straight,they were painted on the eve of my wedding party,which was about 2 years or so ago, and they were painted in the well known German enclave of Borrusia MunchenPotteries...oh and the paint was a cheeky mixture of Montana pink,a premium red, and a classic chateau XXL chrome.Need i say more?</span> :nope:

Originally posted by nG

ok we've had a short discussion on the contradictory nature of trying to control who sees panels.

urban cowboy said people that wait at the Bridge all day (i thought panels only ran in rush hour? never mind)

Talking of which...spotted boom, oase and kald panels (amongst others) at the Bridge this morning. F-f-f-f-freessh!

Archived