INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

did the paint and the bic pen parts mix?

throw in a cap of brake fluid too

please dont recommend break fluid, and dont recommend fish oil either.

neither one of those is worth your time. we have all said it 3,476,567,463 times.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Yes. most ballpoint pens' ink is oil based.

and fuck brake fluid it's for brakes and brakes only..

only beef i have with ballpoint pen ink is any color other than the right black color will fade in the sun.

and it is hard to find a good black, cuz as very few of you are aware, there is no black pens in existance. yes i said it and i dare you to flame me. there are only pens with very high concentrations of red, green or blue.

red black is the best black as it stays up the longest and resembles a true black the most when thinned with alcohol, or my favorite xylene and acetone. (do not try to extract ink in xylene/acetone mix. extract in alcohol, evap, then add xylene/acetone.)

this is typically found in the translucent smoky graphite colored papermate pwens. 10 in a pack.

also, there are the clear barreled papermate pens (the ones that shatter, not bend. crystal clear) with the smoky graphite colors translucent caps.

those two brands have redblack ink.

stay away from blue black ink. the brands that have thesde are walgreens brand, and i cant remember the others, but they are an opaque round white stick with a blue or black plastic opaque cap, and the plastic on the whole pen bends and feels a bit waxy...

if you know what im talkin about then you know what im talkin about.

red, green and blue pens themselves, should only be used for novelty, and limit use to the insides because direct uv light will fade blue ink in 3 days flat to nothing but a 10% opacity ghost.

for my alcohol based inks, alcohol is cool and all, but lately, i have been extracting with alcohol and letting the container sit outside and let it evaporate, then i add didfferent solvents to it to experiment with drying times and corrosivenes and such.

xylene is longer dry time

acetone is higher dry time

a few drops of japan drier

maybe some gum arabic for shine and luster (see, its edible, not all edible things are bad. smokable too.. it is the glue on papers and blunts..)

or you can substitute the gum arabic for alcohol based shellac in an alcohol based ink.

as one of the great ink chemists before me once said....

BE SEEING YOU

• Like 1

as a person who is likely to be an MD in the next few years, i would not officially endorse your last statement.

Yea, but between me and my girlfriend, weve probably paid $8000 in medical bills the past year.. and thats just for one day in the office getting scans and finding out nothings wrong with us. I guess the moral of the story shouldve been to be honest with your doctors... and make sure theyre honest with you, an hour of a doctors time is not worth 8 grand.. not to mention they charged us for forks and knives gloves trash bag etc

here is a quick little recipe for my favorite salad dressing and it is 100% from scratch.

get 3 parts olive oil

1 part vinegar (cider or preferably balsamic)

a pinch of fresh grated parmesan cheese

1 small spoonfull of coarse ground dijon mustard (any mustard will work, but you cannot leave out the mustard or the dressing wont mix)

pinch salt

pinch black pepper

small teaspoon minced garlic

and from here, you can go anywhere. i usually go with a basil chiffonade and some fresh thyme. i let it simmer over low heat and let it reduce with some white wine in it, and that totally sets it off.... let it cool, shake it right before you pour it on the salad, the ladies go wild for it.

or at least the good ones do! nobody needs picky women who just order chicken tender basjkets and fries at expensive dates

Just made some ink with some left overs and some Fieblings Edge Dressing.

consisted of:

6oz Fieblings Edge Dressing USMC Black

2oz Lincoln Leather dye red

~1.5oz Do em Dirty Inside Job Black

~2oz Garvey Violet

Looks like a nice glossy opaque Deep Magenta-ish color.

i want to do some homemde oil based paint,i know that i need linseed oil and pigment but what im supposed to use for base,linseed are use to make the pigment sty on top of the mix and dont stick to the botom of the conatiners but what i should use as a base?

Why would you wanna make paint? Anything paintwise you need can be bought as paint...it's not like you're gonna save money, plus you'd have to spend plenty of time sitting there experimenting for whatever mixtures, thicknesses and w/e you want. Paint is very mixable with other paints, alot of people mix paints.

One quick question is, I thought I read once somewhere some store had garvey but you had to ask for it? Is this BS, do you gotta order online?