INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If its squeezable it will drip just fine without making it a leaky piece of shit.

in order for the ink to have a pathway to flow out of the pen the nib needs to press the pump in, this wont happen very well with a soft piece of chalkboard eraser. and if you know what your doing taking the pump out of a pen wont make it a leaky piece of shit.

on another note...i got a blue do em dirty outdoorsman mop, it is dope, the ink is alot better than i thought it would be:p

Why would you want to thicken your ink? Ink sometimes won't come out as opaque as you may want. If you want a good opaque tag then you should use paint. If you want a permanent staining tag then you want to use ink.

its not an issue of it being opaque i just want it thicker so i can do summot with it..got any ideas?

^^^yea ive noticed that too...i have some mops that are HELLA hard but the one thats full of ghetto krink is actually pretty soft and squeezy...do you know if lacquer thinner will have the same effect? by the way, should i store my ball point ink in plastic or what cause im not sure if pvc primer eats plastic...

wow, this is the first time ive looked on this page, and im one ignorant bastard. the only markers i have messed with are kiwi bottles with bucket silver rusto with a 1/4 zylene mix. if anyone can find it in their heart to pm me and school me up alittle, that would be great cause i dont even know what is being talked about on here...

Im pretty sure the way it primes PVC is by eating through the crap on it or something.

But I dont know.

Id put it in a sobe bottle/snapple bottle/40.

FUCK!!! i better run out hella quick adn buy some drink cause mine is in plastic and i dont want mad ink on my carpet...

PVC Primer...I was mad into that stuff a while back, thought it would take over the world or something. But heres the deal with storage: Yes, it eats through plastic. But not at all so rapidly to like eat through a container in a night or something. It'll mostly just soften it up, kinda like krink has done to my glue pen mops. Still try to keep it in glass or metal. As for whether or not it makes things stain hard idk....i have hella trouble finding good ink around here...gonna have to resort to mail order soon. But the stuff i have made with primer has been kinda hit or miss...most of my stuff has wiped off with water, but left a ghost, idk i haven't given up hope yet, just spending more time drawing then ink-sperimenting.

i found some meth blue (its that how its called?) in my science classroom, and Im thinking about mix it with my pen ink, it is a good idea, because I dont wanna fuck up my ink. and whats the best thing to thin pen ink, now im using nail polish remover and it works fine, but , theres something better?

I was checking out that reply to asdf's post two pages back. And i realized that miniwax oil-based is part of the ingredients. I work as laying wood and floors down. And we use that same wood stain for quarter round. I remember getting it on some concrete once, and that shit will not come off. So i just made a sobe bottles worth of that paint recipe. And that might be the best thing you could make. The color really isnt that bad, wish you could find a purple or something stain for different colors. But that shit will be a pain in the ass to buff off. I think i might stick to This recipe for a good while.

Big Prop's Asdf.

Also That PVC primer looks like some bad shit too. I checked some out at home depot. If your going to fuck with it, i say put that shit in a metal body if it hasnt been said before. for you mop heads i would recommend that fountain brush. I heard that the primer is almost impossible to get off as the wood-stain, if not worse. Gotta love America and its construction shops.