INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

Why does my violet Garvey fade in the sun???? In merely a week it is almost invisible on any surface in the sun!!!!!

WHY!??!?!?!

1. It is REAL violet Garvey bought mail order direct from the garvey company in the states.

2.I am using it in a posca (paint pen) and I washed out the paint as well as i could.

3. It was still wet when the garvey went into the pen.

4.THe nib was unused.

What the Fuck is happening here?!??!?

Dear WhiteOx,

Garvey fades in the sun. Mix it with a non fading base, ie. Marsh. If you read back a few pages youll see plenty of talk about it. Anyone who posts in this thread without reading it is looking like an ass and getting dissed. This thread has pretty much any question you can ask covered, and then some. READ IT ALL!!! I'm pretty sure this questioned is greuled over for the 100th time only a page or two back.

ALL NEW HEADS!!! READ THIS WHOLE THREAD!!! PRINT IT OUT!!! DONT LOOK LIKE A FAG... for some it's already too late. :D

but dead seriously i aint seen a new question asked in at least like 10 pages if not more...all you 14 year olds need to learn that writing is more then your artistic talent because the foundation of graffiti is that ur doing it in illegal places and therefore cant sit with 20 colors of a acrylic paint and a selection of brushes, u must use spray paint mops markers or whatever, also most writers start under 18 and therefore for their early writing career have a low budget and cant buy shit without an id unless they become freinds with workers in hardware stores and office stores and shit, this leads to improvisitation one of which is theft and the other is finding out what shit not specifaclly intended to be used for tagging such as like an on the run marker or something, and using and making your own markers out of a combination of otherass shit...take a simple mop full of ink, this is made up almost entirely of shit not intended for graffiti: shoe polish bottle, ink( which could consist of dye for clothes, dye for leather, dye for shoes, airbrush ink, printing ink, india ink ink used for metal etc.), acetone, break fluid or whatever plus a chalkboard nib....a whole part of graffiti is basically being skipped over with this forum because kids want to skip ahead and automatically be a king before they are even in high school.....remember kids slow and steady wins the race and i kno that personally i look up to and show much more respect to the heads who have constantly been putting work in and slowly showing improvement for years, not the kid who found the graff shop, paid 10 bux for a trendy marker and ran around some saturday night tagging on the sides of peoples houses...my advice would be to not get any lessons from older heads and learn on ur fucking own which i guess contradicts myself and i dont care, fuck shit up get better fuck shit up more, repeat

glow in the dark ink:

You can make glow-in-the-dark ink with 2 simple ingredients.

Pour into a small bottle 1 oz. oil of cinnamon and 1/4 oz. phosphorous.

Close the bottle tightly and place in a hot water bath.

Heat until the ingredients have melted together.

Your local pharmacy can help with the ingredients.

got ingredients off of the web, but if it works :) glow in the dark tags

Originally posted by onthelam@Dec 12 2004, 11:33 PM

but dead seriously i aint seen a new question asked in at least like 10 pages if not more...all you 14 year olds need to learn that writing is more then your artistic talent because the foundation of graffiti is that ur doing it in illegal places and therefore cant sit with 20 colors of a acrylic paint and a selection of brushes, u must use spray paint mops markers or whatever, also most writers start under 18 and therefore for their early writing career have a low budget and cant buy shit without an id unless they become freinds with workers in hardware stores and office stores and shit, this leads to improvisitation one of which is theft and the other is finding out what shit not specifaclly intended to be used for tagging such as like an on the run marker or something, and using and making your own markers out of a combination of otherass shit...take a simple mop full of ink, this is made up almost entirely of shit not intended for graffiti: shoe polish bottle, ink( which could consist of dye for clothes, dye for leather, dye for shoes, airbrush ink, printing ink, india ink ink used for metal etc.), acetone, break fluid or whatever plus a chalkboard nib....a whole part of graffiti is basically being skipped over with this forum because kids want to skip ahead and automatically be a king before they are even in high school.....remember kids slow and steady wins the race and i kno that personally i look up to and show much more respect to the heads who have constantly been putting work in and slowly showing improvement for years, not the kid who found the graff shop, paid 10 bux for a trendy marker and ran around some saturday night tagging on the sides of peoples houses...my advice would be to not get any lessons from older heads and learn on ur fucking own which i guess contradicts myself and i dont care, fuck shit up get better fuck shit up more, repeat

Look,

I never got lessons on graffiti, i've never even met an other writer face to face. I can say that i know my way around graffiti at age 14. I have many mops, cans, bucket paint, markers, and homemade inks. And i've used them all for years. I never steped foot in a graff shop. I have many jars of ink in my room and so on. I'm not rushing anything, i've been doing graffiti for almost 6 years. I started when i was 9. Yes 9. And i'm not saying i'm king or close to it. I still have alout ahead of me. I presonal think i suck and my letters are wackish, but if i can draw it, i can paint it even better. I don't spend 3 hours on paintings with 20 cans with me, what i posted took like 25 minites. And its on an abanded farm, just on old stuff i practice on to get better. I want to get relly good befor i hit the fr8's thats all.......

i posted this on another website some time ago but here is my personal killer recipe...

posterman "or any big refillable paint marker"

start with 1/8 griffin "stains surfaces with pours"

1/16 brake fluid "eats paint and saturates ink to make it shine"

1/8 xylene based carbon ink (black) "gives a good opaque black color"

1/16 plumbers dye powder "when it rains it leaves neon green drips"

5/8 marsh red t-grade "makes the whole mix turn blood red, also if buffed leaves a red ghost"

this ink mix is nasty and not recomended for the faint at heart... when tagging leaves a fresh blood red (real dark red) tag, if buffed on plastic leaves a red ghost, cant buff off paint or be painted over unless a pigment stopping primer is used, if buffed with soap and water all you have is a fresh blood red tag with alot of neon green smears and drips...

try it out and go fuck some shit up

i rakd a kiwi mop yesterday n was using it a bit but i got bored of the colour , and wanted it to stain more so i lookd round my house for sumthin gd to help it but all i found was brasso , it smels pretty strong so i fout it mite help it stain harder but all it did was change da colour, today i rakd a red chalk marker n put the ink from this into the mop so now its a nice pink colour...

neways i was wondering if theres anything around the house i cud use to make my mop stain harder/dry kwiker ??

Cancer? what? dude it's a tiny paint marker. Open your windows, turn a fan on, and melt the shit, doint boil it till it vaporizes. hell you could prolly do it in a microwave. If you're worried about cancer from melting a handful of paint, what are you gonna do with a can of krylon? Get your nasa suit and hit up a sterile vacuum or something? lol you gotta chilllll and do the damn thing. going to park grills and shit is mad ridiculous.