INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

Originally posted by OMEN TWO

IT SAYS IT ON THE CAN...CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS THE PAINT TYPE AND SCROLL UP A LITTLE AND YOU WILL SEE THE DYE TYPE...THE PAINT COST MORE, THE PAINT IS LIKE 22 BUCKS AND THE DYE IS LIKE 15 BUCKS.

http://urbandesignz.safeshopper.com/2/cat2.htm?241

i seen those two alright, but the labels are practically identical. the paint has a white strip on the bottom, and the dye says 'a videojet company' under the logo. bar that they're the same... but mine has no white strip and says 'marsh shipping supply co., llc'. the two main ingredients are xylene and ethyl benzene

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by sneak

rubbish or omen...

either of you up for sending some different shit across the pond? i can get corio and am interested in this garvey thing..

anywho, drop me an email and im sure we can come up with something...

Me and Hovie got a trade going so I can get some Corio and he can get some US shit, otherwise I'd barter with you.

Originally posted by rinse

damn the C.V. POWDER is mad expensive.

$12+ for 10g. it would be cheaper just to buy some garvey.

really rubbish, have you ever bought this stuff? is it worth it? i mean is there that much of a difference between that and G.V. SOLUTION?

if it is worth while and you know where to get it cheaper, it would be chill if you could e-mail me a hint. mas apologies if it seems i'm all on your ass about this but i am trying to mix a true monster ink and i dont want it to cost a fortune. just looking for some compedent advice but the recipe is original.

respect to those deep-rooted

I'm getting my own from a local store so it's coming out a little cheaper than that and their won't be any shipping charges. The GV Solution only contains about 1-3 percent of the actual GV and the rest is diluted water and alcohol. I bought some of that off Walgreens in a small bottle - although it only had a small amount of GV in it, it was fairly violet in color. When I put it on a dumpster to buff test, it had a greenish glow to it. After buffing it a day later it smeared but didn't really leave a stain, and I suspect that's mainly due to the fact that it contains so little GV. The powder is more expensive but you're getting more for your money - and if you don't want to take a risk, I should hopefully have the powder in my hands in a week or two. If you want to find a cheaper place online, go to froogle.com , but I do recommend looking in your phone book for science supply / chemistry stores and calling them up and asking them if they carry it. I was lucky enough to find a store that specializes in paint and ink chemicals :crazy:

Originally posted by ader47

beat me to it sneak

as violet is the most strong in garveys case and in a few more, is it also recommended for the otr flowpens?

Do you mean adding it to a virgin OTR with the nib completely unsaturated in any previous ink? Or just hitting up with an OTR until it's empty and than refilling with Garvey? Either way it'd probably work since they're both alcohol based inks, but the latter would result in less pure, less staining ink..

Originally posted by love meter

i gotta question about marsh - how do you know which is the dye and which is the opaque? i got a pint off of bombing science, but don't know which it is. the label certainly doesn't give any clues. i presume it's the opaque marsh - it's thicker than any ink i have and it warps plastic

The dye version says "Marking Pen Ink" under the MARSH at the top of the can, like shown http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/urb...es/bp0sm58k.jpg . The Pigment Marsh has some german shit under the MARSH at the top of the can, like shown here... http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/2h/urb...es/bx19acww.jpg .

WHY WASTE TIME MIXING POWDERS OR MIXING THIS OR THAT?

IT JUST DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

I'm trying to do three things by adding in the powders - to thicken the consistency a little bit, to add stain and to alter the color. If in the end I dont like the results I'll probably just use stock Garvey and forget about all that other shit.

Originally posted by chumbawumba

How is the OTR Hard To Buff ink?

I talked to ARCEL about it and it really doesn't sound that great at all.

A reply from BombingScience

To: ******@*****.***

Subject: RE: Inks

Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 14:26:40

>>Out of all the inks you carry, which one stains the hardest and leaves the darkest ghost?<<

I would say Nero ink without a doubt.

Fred

http://www.bombingscience.com

Originally posted by chumbawumba

Thanks rubbish. Are the aerosol art bombing markers the same as a flowpen?

Yeah, the same marker ; the inks different. I honestly don't get the difference between a regular OTR / Zig / any valve marker like that and a Flowpen. I've got a silver Flowpen and it's really the same shit as my Zig; only drips when you write super slowly and push the nib down all the way.

Rit Dye

Wsup pplz ~>I rolled by wallgreens and picked up sum <span style='color:purple'>Purple "Rit dye"~></span> . Anyone ever use this shit?..it powder form what do u guys suggest to mix it with~? rubbing alchol~? laquer thiner~? water..haha~?

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400532987_001P.jpg'>

oh and does anyone know any good mods for a "Super Pilot~?

if so how to do them~?

thnx for helpin diz Toy in need~>

Re: Rit Dye

Originally posted by En1GmA

Wsup pplz ~>I rolled by wallgreens and picked up sum <span style='color:purple'>Purple "Rit dye"~></span> . Anyone ever use this shit?..it powder form what do u guys suggest to mix it with~? rubbing alchol~? laquer thiner~? water..haha~?

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400532987_001P.jpg'>

oh and does anyone know any good mods for a "Super Pilot~?

if so how to do them~?

thnx for helpin diz Toy in need~>

Rit Dye is some fabric shit, it's not made for the manufacture of inks like gentian violet. mix it into your ink if you want, don't dilute that shit with anything else and than add it to your ink though because that's just going to water it down and weaken it. either way, rit dye is some weak shit.

and for the pilot, go over to the marker modification thread, first page.

ALright you modda fuckas are in for a treat.... not really... but umm... yep/ Look:

Okay, Omen, maybe you know about the whole carbon paper with alcohol. Well, today i made the mistake of buying high solvency acetone instead of alcohol, it was still sick tho.. so i took some flickaroos....

First: this is my old mix of carbon paper and alcohol-

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...ppy_bastard.jpg

This is the mix today. It is beautiful deep violet, looks like garvey i suppose... but for osmereason, be it this camera or w/e the ink looks blue....

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/P1010002.jpg

And this is all the stuff i have poured into window chalk markers and made the sex.... disregard the wierd thinnes of the silver, it is this was because it has gone unused for a while.:

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/P1010001.jpg

Sae with kyrlon shortcuts ink a window chalk, and me in someting im not sure... but it is carbon ink.... lol i think

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/SaeWings.jpg

anyways... um... :king:

Originally posted by AevOne718

ALright you modda fuckas are in for a treat.... not really... but umm... yep/ Look:

Okay, Omen, maybe you know about the whole carbon paper with alcohol. Well, today i made the mistake of buying high solvency acetone instead of alcohol, it was still sick tho.. so i took some flickaroos....

First: this is my old mix of carbon paper and alcohol-

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...ppy_bastard.jpg

This is the mix today. It is beautiful deep violet, looks like garvey i suppose... but for osmereason, be it this camera or w/e the ink looks blue....

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/P1010002.jpg

And this is all the stuff i have poured into window chalk markers and made the sex.... disregard the wierd thinnes of the silver, it is this was because it has gone unused for a while.:

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/P1010001.jpg

Sae with kyrlon shortcuts ink a window chalk, and me in someting im not sure... but it is carbon ink.... lol i think

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/Rat...gs/SaeWings.jpg

anyways... um... :king:

I won't lie....it looks ok....but it ain't all that.

I guess if that is what you got to work with, it will do the job I.....I noticed that one of your tags spread out...that is typical for leather dye or whatever that was.

I guess if you can't get garvey....what you got will do.:cool:

But, it is still cheaper, less time consuming and better to get garvey...nothing beats it...for 15 bucks a pint you can't go wrong...just juice up your mop with the king of inks and get up.

It does not get much easier than that....nothing you can make will be better than garvey, and if it is better....it won't be better by much.

But, I respect what you are doing.

nah the spread stuff was carbon ink but it was A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF INK and it was a bout to drip and didnt dry n i flicked it.

um.... well, i am getting nero, and when i do, i will put this stuff in it, because it stains

i tryedt obuff it with acetone(which buffs ALOT OF THINGS GOODLY), and it looks exactly the same, but a less on the surface.... yep

I picked up a RoseArt window chalker at the dollar store the other day, cleaned it out and filled it up with straight Garvey today. This shit is great - the nib looks alot more durable than Kiwis, they're a smaller line (in my opinion Kiwi's are a little fat), easy to refill, and they drip perfectly - not so much that your tag is illegible (usually what happens when I use a Kiwi), and not so little that it's hardly noticable. I think I found a new favorite mop :crazy:

By the way, those Pilots are easy as hell to open - just unscrew it.

RUBBISH HEAP:

I picked up a RoseArt window chalker at the dollar store the other day, cleaned it out and filled it up with straight Garvey today. This shit is great - the nib looks alot more durable than Kiwis, they're a smaller line (in my opinion Kiwi's are a little fat), easy to refill, and they drip perfectly - not so much that your tag is illegible (usually what happens when I use a Kiwi), and not so little that it's hardly noticable. I think I found a new favorite mop

__

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! I told you about that PAGES ago. AND YOU FOOLS. YOU FOOOL!!! YOU OVER LOOKED. I KNOW WHATI AM DOING DOGS!!. I KNOW......:crazy: :crazy: :D :king:

Originally posted by AevOne718

nah the spread stuff was carbon ink but it was A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF INK and it was a bout to drip and didnt dry n i flicked it.

um.... well, i am getting nero, and when i do, i will put this stuff in it, because it stains

i tryedt obuff it with acetone(which buffs ALOT OF THINGS GOODLY), and it looks exactly the same, but a less on the surface.... yep

Why spend over ten bucks on nero for such a small amount, when you can get more than twice as much garvey for 15 bucks....even the black garvey stains better than nero...but the violet is the jiont...all of the garvey colors do serious ghoasting....you get twice as much for just a few bucks more.

The best thing about it is you don't have to mix anything to it...it is so good, you can use it as is and not waste time or money with other needless things.

Wise up and save money and get the best ink:cool:

i gotta question about marsh - how do you know which is the dye and which is the opaque? i got a pint off of bombing science, but don't know which it is. the label certainly doesn't give any clues. i presume it's the opaque marsh - it's thicker than any ink i have and it warps plastic

3 ways to tell....the price for the paint marsh is more than the dye type, you have that white lable that says shake well and it does not say dye type ink on the paint ink container

Guest -MOE LESTER-

hows the green and the other colors from garvey....what kinda color is violet anyone got a pic?

how do you order shit from the garveyproducts website it seems like a pain in the ass without a credit card

MOE LESTER-

hows the green and the other colors from garvey....what kinda color is violet anyone got a pic?

how do you order shit from the garveyproducts website it seems like a pain in the ass without a credit card

search in EbAy~> most of the payments accept money orders which can be obtained in a Se7eN ELeven.

what are these window chalker markers that everyones talking about.. they sound kinda tight.. oh yeah, and omen... dude. if I didn't know any better I would seriously think you were a fucking garvey salesman. I respect what you have to say, and i know you love your garvey but this garvey promotion is getting to be a bit much.. :o :o

3 ways to tell....the price for the paint marsh is more than the dye type, you have that white lable that says shake well and it does not say dye type ink on the paint ink container

this was the only kind that bombing science had, so i can't compare prices. plus i can't remember the price since it was that long ago. then there's no white label, and it doesn't say dye type ink... the plot thickens!

i've scanned in the label so you can see for yourself. you can get it here

this was the only kind that bombing science had, so i can't compare prices. plus i can't remember the price since it was that long ago. then there's no white label, and it doesn't say dye type ink... the plot thickens!

i've scanned in the label so you can see for yourself. you can get it here

Why not get it at urban designz?

If it is under 17 bucks for a pint....then it is the dye type. The paint type is always over 20 bucks a can and if if does not have that white shake well sticker around the can it is the dye type.

You can call call masrh company at 618-343-1006

Originally posted by alphredrock

what are these window chalker markers that everyones talking about.. they sound kinda tight.. oh yeah, and omen... dude. if I didn't know any better I would seriously think you were a fucking garvey salesman. I respect what you have to say, and i know you love your garvey but this garvey promotion is getting to be a bit much.. :o :o

Yes, I love Garvey...and people who have it love it too. That is because, it is simply the best ink for any marker. It is the best price and I will continue to push it. Because, I am an old skooler and I hate to see others waste their time and money on inferior products. If you ever get your hands on Garvey...you are going to say "I see what Omen means and I don't blame him for trying to see other writers get the best ink."

So, don't sweat what I am doing...I am providing a service to any up coming writer that needs a little guidance in this department.

I have 25 years of New York City bombing under my belt and I won't steer you wrong. I don't know everything. But, I know about this.:lol: :lol:

MOE LESTER-

search in EbAy~> most of the payments accept money orders which can be obtained in a Se7eN ELeven.

They are all good in the color department. But, the bad part is if your not willing to get a case. then you can only get Violet, Red, and black in single bottles.

It is a pain to order Garvey. But, they take money orders and you don't need to go to ebay. you simply call or write them and tell them what you want. then they will give you a price for the ink and the shipping and then you type out what you want with the exact price they gave you. You send them your money order and when they get it they will send you the ink. You can even call them to find out if they got your payment.

Being I get so much off them. I have an account with them...I gave them the impression that I have a company and I gave them a fake name to my company. So, when it comes from UPS, my fake company name is on the address label...Lol

BUT, IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT. STICK WITH THE VIOLET. THE COLOR IS SUPER AND IT HAS SERIOUS GHOSTING POWER.

Why not get it at urban designz?

If it is under 17 bucks for a pint....then it is the dye type. The paint type is always over 20 bucks a can and if if does not have that white shake well sticker around the can it is the dye type.

You can call call masrh company at 618-343-1006

thanks, but i'm not looking to get a new can, i'm looking to find out what the one i already have is. and it's not on the bs website anymore, so i can't even find out how much it was! plus when i did buy it, urbandesignz didn't have both types of marsh either... ah well, it'll remain a mystery for the time being

Originally posted by rubbish heap

Do you mean adding it to a virgin OTR with the nib completely unsaturated in any previous ink? Or just hitting up with an OTR until it's empty and than refilling with Garvey? Either way it'd probably work since they're both alcohol based inks, but the latter would result in less pure, less staining ink..

i meant would violet otr ink be the strongest colour to get in the otr range.

or do they only do paint

Don't forget who told you about the empties ;)

Yup, thanks alot man.

EDIT:

Potassium Permangranate is a powder to put in fish ponds to destroy the bacteria and steralize the water. You may be able to find it at pet stores, but it is also very easily found on ebay as well.

thanks, but i'm not looking to get a new can, i'm looking to find out what the one i already have is. and it's not on the bs website anymore, so i can't even find out how much it was! plus when i did buy it, urbandesignz didn't have both types of marsh either... ah well, it'll remain a mystery for the time being

Now, I understand what you mean...what you have there is the Dye Type ink...not the Paint type ink. I have both and I looked at the differeance. Yours matches the Dye Type.

anyone know what kinda additive this is?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...39&category=324

ooo if any u lookin for sum methylene blue

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=20756

That first item I saw at monstercolors.com, don't know the chemical name but I'm sure it has some relation to the other additives. Thanks for sending that auction. The second item is a liquid version of methylene blue, not the powder one.

Originally posted by alphredrock

what are these window chalker markers that everyones talking about.. they sound kinda tight..

Aev got me hip to the window chalkers. You can find them at dollar stores, empty out the shit ink and fill it with your own. The nib is like a cotton swab and seems to be lasting me longer than Kiwi nibs, and they drip when you squeeze them. The one I have is a smaller nib than the Kiwi's, about the size of my thumbnail but circular. I reccomend getting one :crazy:

Originally posted by HOVIE

so in chemistry they are burning methalane or ethalane or some shit..it smells like pure alchohol (and i think ive read somewhere that it is full of alchohol)...is it worth getting some??

You sure it's not ethanol? If it is, you could get some of that shit and thin out your inks with it since that's what most inks are based off of (also known as ethyl alcohol when it comes about naturally).

I have a bit of a problem with my homemade krink.

What I did was take a griffin bottle, with a little bit of residual griffin white, whch I didn't wash out.

I mixed bucket rusto silver with mineral spirits. Then I hit up a tag with the dabber and it wasn't opaque at all. Could it have been that before I started I I just shook the paint instead of stirring? It wasn't that much.

AND ONE MORE IMPORTANT THING! I can't find those chalkboard erasers anyware. all I can find is the dry erasers. which are cloth and like a sponge and won't make nibs. What are some chain stores that carry chalkboard erasers? I live in Kentucky and tried some office supply store.