The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

Having similar characters/styles sucks so bad. It's such a bummer.

I used to drew a character like Toro. Mine was far more square, and had no horns, and just circles for eyes, but they were very similar. Especially the teeth.

Even though we live in different cities, I felt that Toro was most likely getting up far more than me, and decided to respect him and stop making "MR. CUBE".

Out of that, I've created so many new characters which I love so much more than my original design. Every cloud (no pun intended) has it's silver lining.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i really don't think yiou have to give up something you came up with and didn't know someone else already had, as long as you put your own twist to it.

man, everyone knows my character has a rectangular head, and hell, a shitload of other peiople have that to. but im not gonna stop doing it becuase other cats have that too

hell, fried has a rectangular head and hes a philly cat too, but no ones saying anything about us 2, because we both bring something diffrent to the table.

my chracters body, facial expressions, gestures, costumes and colors and all that jazz make up what my character embodies. and thats what should make every body original.

so what if your shit looks like another persons. as long as you contribute something diffrent to the game that only you are doing. then thats all that matters.

case closed!

whats up ving how you been? haha...yeah your lens is pretty dirty. nice post. geist keep doing your thing, 5003 had a very valid argument, but that type of criticism is all part of this thing. sicne i started with bob, there have been numerous other people who were brought to my attention by friends that did characters exactly like bob, there were some that had to stop, but some i could care less about. one kid had the same exact shape for a head and similar eyes, but i didnt care as long as theres something different. with my character...and your clouds too, theyre both simple. because theyre simple, theyre easy to compare to other people who have similar ideas. it all comes down to what you want to do with it. if you want to be the guy who people always say, "hey your shit looks like dark clouds" thats fine if you dont care, make a name with yours and have people recognize that its a different person and youll be straight. and im sure with yours, as what happened with mine and el toros and many others, your clouds will evolve over time anyway as you get better at them and find new things to do with them. 5003 has been around, hes just being straight with you...that type of criticism is almost guarunteed with this medium. i know you will take it and work from that. aaaaaaaanyways, here are some new photos from last week. haha

geist..

eba00467491f00000225.jpg

nerds, bob will reign..

eba00467491f00000226.jpg

bob will reign, el toro peekin around...sorry about the shot frost

eba00467491f00000227.jpg

bob..

eba00467491f00000228.jpg

bob and others..

eba00467491f00000229.jpg

eba00467491f00000230.jpg

eba00467491f00000231.jpg

i just made the new screen for this today and im trying to get a bunch in circulation...anyone interested in aquiring one of these dirt cheap? email me...philly@graffiti.net

eba00467491f00000232.jpg

Originally posted by Destruction by Definition@Dec 28 2004, 01:46 AM

whats up ving how you been? haha...yeah your lens is pretty dirty. nice post. geist keep doing your thing, 5003 had a very valid argument, but that type of criticism is all part of this thing. sicne i started with bob, there have been numerous other people who were brought to my attention by friends that did characters exactly like bob, there were some that had to stop, but some i could care less about. one kid had the same exact shape for a head and similar eyes, but i didnt care as long as theres something different. with my character...and your clouds too, theyre both simple. because theyre simple, theyre easy to compare to other people who have similar ideas. it all comes down to what you want to do with it. if you want to be the guy who people always say, "hey your shit looks like dark clouds" thats fine if you dont care, make a name with yours and have people recognize that its a different person and youll be straight. and im sure with yours, as what happened with mine and el toros and many others, your clouds will evolve over time anyway as you get better at them and find new things to do with them. 5003 has been around, hes just being straight with you...that type of criticism is almost guarunteed with this medium. i know you will take it and work from that. aaaaaaaanyways, here are some new photos from last week. haha

geist..

eba00467491f00000225.jpg

Oh god, hahahaha, that thing was done in about 15 seconds real quick in someone's room with a HUGE sir mark's alot :burn: shit's mad ugly :haha:

Yea, I know what you mean, I'm just tryin to do my thing yanno, and criticism comes with it .

Anyway, I'm down for one of the shirts, lemme know. and fuck...tomorrow I'm doing more stickers. Anyone who wants to trade or whatever send the pm, and I'll get at you when they're done. Also, tattoo, and urban gesus, Hit me up again and I'll sort you out with the details.

Nice shit ving, bob, and otherwise. Keep hittin those streets hard boys and girls - shit's our canvas :snowman:

-SKEG

Originally posted by rwk@Dec 28 2004, 08:40 PM

anyone down for a trade and some hybrids(collabs)?

Yea I'm down for some trades and collabs. I'll get at you through PM.

Anyway, just finished 49 new clouds - just need to cut em. All different colors and sizes and whatnot - some dual color, some single color, some not even having any color. Anyway, If anyone's down for the trades or collabs hit me up through PM. Tatto and gesus I'll hit you up in a few on pm as well. Gonna go and do some shy-guys in a few as well - seeing if I can just print them through my printer so that I can save myself some time and effort.

Originally posted by geist+Dec 28 2004, 08:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (geist - Dec 28 2004, 08:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-rwk@Dec 28 2004, 08:40 PM

Anyway, just finished 49 new clouds - just need to cut em. All different colors and sizes and whatnot - some dual color, some single color, some not even having any color. Anyway, If anyone's down for the trades or collabs hit me up through PM. Tatto and gesus I'll hit you up in a few on pm as well. Gonna go and do some shy-guys in a few as well - seeing if I can just print them through my printer so that I can save myself some time and effort.

[/b]

you shoulda pushed yourself and made one more to hit 50...haha just messin

Originally posted by Destruction by Definition+Dec 29 2004, 01:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Destruction by Definition - Dec 29 2004, 01:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by geist@Dec 28 2004, 08:55 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-rwk@Dec 28 2004, 08:40 PM

you shoulda pushed yourself and made one more to hit 50...haha just messin

[/b]

hahaha, well that's just clouds, not including shy-guys :p

From Boston and the greater Boston area.

doodler.jpg

I believe this person's called Doodler.

Here's some stickers I made.

flowerbox.jpg

Flowers

post.jpg

box.jpg

sadcube.jpg

I had my heart broken...that's life.

sign.jpg

Not quite a sticker...but a sign I did on an old skateboard. Somebody wrote a little comment below it, and that made my fucking night.

I'll have some more stickers from Boston (less of mine!) next time around.

Originally posted by Rojotelefono@Dec 29 2004, 08:52 PM

Hey guys, hope you all had good hols.

From the 'Beyond the Streets' expo in Ghent (belgium)

http://www.cap-inc.be/beyondthestreets/pictures.html

Geist, where's your Dooder mate from? There was someone doing similar characters a few years ago up my ends (central uk)...this is the only flick I've got, sadly

shitabrik.jpg

UK I believe.- not sure where, I put the link on another forum to here so that he can come and verify if he wants.

Originally posted by cubeface@Dec 29 2004, 08:23 PM

Yeah that's the name! Dooder!

It's so simple, it's nice!

I was under the impression he/she was in somewhere around Boston, because I see new stickers popping up ALL the time. Or they get mailed over...

Cubeface...I've definitely seen your stuff around. What's up man? And yes, I'm from Boston :chicken:

Originally posted by Dooder+Dec 29 2004, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dooder - Dec 29 2004, 11:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cubeface@Dec 29 2004, 08:23 PM

Yeah that's the name!  Dooder!

It's so simple, it's nice!

I was under the impression he/she was in somewhere around Boston, because I see new stickers popping up ALL the time.  Or they get mailed over...

Cubeface...I've definitely seen your stuff around. What's up man? And yes, I'm from Boston :chicken:

[/b]

Hey!

Keep up the good work man! I love the huge ones, like the one on the door of that old Blockbuster. Keep up the good work! :clown2: :clown2: :clown2:

full body toro! yES! but hey! thanx for calling my yesterday to go on the sticker rout too! (#$%@#@$!!!!!!!!!

Man i was So ^$#$$@ gonna tear the $*@& up man. >_<

sike, its coo, i got ym stickers out yesterday with Homer. I met up with JM.

haha, dude wants his lil demo book back. haha.

A shitload of photos from tonight....

cubemanyeyes.jpg

cubeface

killme1.jpg

KILL ME. Found around Allston and Boston.

dikkdeth.jpg

Ahahahaha. What an awesome name!

dooderac.jpg

Dooder on an AC.

killme.jpg

One again, KILL ME.

darkclouds.jpg

Darkclouds.

cubedooder.jpg

Cubeface and Dooder.

bankwindow.jpg

An old bank window. With lots of stickers and flyers.

heartbroken.jpg

:(

postertagged.jpg

Cubeface poster. Somebody put a tag on it. :clown2: Also, a big Dooder.

posterdracula.jpg

Cubeface dracula poster.

cubeblackback.jpg

Cubeface.

sign6.jpg

Cubeface.

letters.jpg

Some vinyl letters on a closed store.

cubeyellowback.jpg

Cubeface.

I will post some more soon. Have a safe and happy New Years everybody! ;)