The Street Sticker Thread

Stomah

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wasn't able to get flicks of south and market st.s yet, but here's some old ones I'm just gettin around to takin pictures of:

DSC00001.jpg

Me

DSC00003.jpg

Me, H?, and some star

DSC00004.jpg

Me, Bob

DSC00005.jpg

Me

DSC00006.jpg

Bob (all 3 I think)

DSC00007.jpg

Me

DSC00008.jpg

Me (old wood guy I dropped)

DSC00010.jpg

Me, Bob

DSC00012.jpg

Me

DSC00013.jpg

Me

DSC00014.jpg

Me

DSC00015.jpg

Me

I hate to burst your bubble but.........There is a guy from Boston who does "Rain Clouds" already...... he has a lot of painted street signs and stickers up in Boston and I mean a lot......and he has been putting them up in NY for the last few months too......So before you here it from someone else, there is already a "cloud guy" and he has been doing it for like the last 2 or 2 1/2 years.......

I guess it's back to the drawing board......

...Not to sound like an asshole but it's kind of a lame image anyway......

:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

I hate to burst your bubble but.........There is a guy from Boston who does "Rain Clouds" already...... he has a lot of painted street signs and stickers up in Boston and I mean a lot......and he has been putting them up in NY for the last few months too......So before you here it from someone else, there is already a "cloud guy" and he has been doing it for like the last 2 or 2 1/2 years.......

Yeah, Darkclouds is up all oveeeer Boston. It's fucking insane.

http://interrupt.hampshire.edu/darkclouds/

And yer shit is where?

Can call it lame all you want but I'm doing my thing so whatever man. Not back to the drawing board at all. Unless his look like mine (mine all look like that - round at the top, 2 on the side and 1 on the top or bottom with 4-5 drips) and i doubt they do - edit, I just checked and they only slightly resemble what he does - , there's no need to go back to any drawing board.

Thanks though :rolleyes:

ok i havent been in here in a minute, finally fixed my computer....yeah that "cat in the hat" bob is a new design i made but never put any up, its actually the only one i put up...i came up with a few new characters but they are being kept in the vaults for now, i just love bob way too damn much. haha those "H" stickers, i know who did those but dont know why he put the H there...theyre pretty nice and the star is part of it, shes looking at it. i have some pictures from philly the other day so ill upload them as soon as all this holiday stuff ends haha

be safe everyone and happy holidays

Originally posted by Ving@Dec 24 2004, 01:13 PM

damn, thos darkclouds are pretty nice. a whole damn sign too. much props to that.

as for what geist should do, i dunno.

I figgure til I get enough flack from it from other people or if he goes and says to quit it, I'll keep at it...

Til then *shrug*

Happy holidays everyone.

"And yer shit is where? ".....Don't get diffensive there brother......I have many many ups and have for many many moons...and as my homeboy Big said...."I've been in the game for years, it made me an animal...there's rules to this shit, I wrote me a manual..."

"Can call it lame all you want but I'm doing my thing so whatever man".....You're not "doing your thing" ever graff writer in the world has drawn clouds, it isn't a very original idea and it isn't very distinctive from ever other cloud that I have seen. Not too mention that someone already does it.....

And the fact that you saw this doods paintings and people are telling you that he is up like whoah....and your still are like whatever I'm just going to keep doing it......That's some New Jack shit.....learn the game and have a Merry Christmas.....PEACE

Merry Christmas To All

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

And Orbit I got your email yesterday, I haven't checked my hotmail account in like a month and a half...I'll email you maybe we can trade stickers again.....Merr Xmas

Originally posted by 5003@Dec 25 2004, 03:05 PM

"And yer shit is where? ".....Don't get diffensive there brother......I have many many ups and have for many many moons...and as my homeboy Big said...."I've been in the game for years, it made me an animal...there's rules to this shit, I wrote me a manual..."

"Can call it lame all you want but I'm doing my thing so whatever man".....You're not "doing your thing" ever graff writer in the world has drawn clouds, it isn't a very original idea and it isn't very distinctive from ever other cloud that I have seen. Not too mention that someone already does it.....

And the fact that you saw this doods paintings and people are telling you that he is up like whoah....and your still are like whatever I'm just going to keep doing it......That's some New Jack shit.....learn the game and have a Merry Christmas.....PEACE

Merry Christmas To All

:yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

And Orbit I got your email yesterday, I haven't checked my hotmail account in like a month and a half...I'll email you maybe we can trade stickers again.....Merr Xmas

Listen, I was just pissed, and I'm sorry I went off but you gotta understand where i'm commin from. I've had to change names, characters, ideas, identities, etc etc because people are saying such and such is ghey shit, looks like something someone else is doing, or this that or the other reason. I've got a buncha stickers up all over philly w/the cloud shit because It's like I finally got my identity sorted (got the name, the sticker id, etc) and to have to scrap that shit... :(

I mean hell, there's always spy vs spy and the shy-guy from SMB2 which the stencils are made (and used in the s v s case) but then again people will probably be all that it's un-original, or whoever used it, or what have you.

Like, whether you think they're the same as darkcloud's shit, or not, I see the differences, I see what I do with it that's different. Shit, that same argument could be used for graf in general: "why you busting out 3d/throw/wildstyles when x, y, and z people are doing it?" "because I'm putting my own spin on it". Same applies. He does his all complicated like and mine are quite simple; he does whole multi colored signs while I do single clouds on postal stickers which are cut out, amongst other things and differences that I can see.

I know it may seem like disrespect but none's meant. I appriciate the feedback, comments, and whatever else from those who've been in the game for a minute now as I'm still learning the ropes every day. But in all honesty - as with art - my other forte - there's not a lot of people doing completely original things these days. It's what you make of whatever style it is that you're doing and how you make it your own - which is what I'm doing or at least trying to with the clouds and all the other shit as well.

-SKEG