Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

Re: bender bite

Originally posted by cyzm

this was a custom canvas for someone . its bender form futurama....

http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL192/1547130/2975512/36493924.jpg'>

i digg it a lot.... IF YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING.... WHAT DID YOU DO YOUR BLACK OUTLINE WITH...

WAS THE BACKGROUND AND THE CHARACTER IN ACRYLIC?

THANKS...10-4....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FUCKING BLODDY HELL! that canvas that revise did is one of the coolest looking things ive seen! stop using fotango hecz i cant get a close look at that because fotango is shit. The dork cancas is great too. why all these people doing canvases for hecz? c'mon people do some for me:D

That's skillfully dope, and if I were black I'd personally think it is nice.

Well, I can only think of this for constructive criticism; if you want it to look even better, you could have different colors in the city skyline according to the light from the sun. Maybe add some dark blue or brown or soemthing. I'm just rambling.

Originally posted by KiSe

FUCKING BLODDY HELL! that canvas that revise did is one of the coolest looking things ive seen! stop using fotango hecz i cant get a close look at that because fotango is shit. The dork cancas is great too. why all these people doing canvases for hecz? c'mon people do some for me:D

CUZ IM COOL!!!

That's skillfully dope, and if I were black I'd personally think it is nice.

^^^What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Anyway Be_hiphop, I think that piece is pretty well done.

My suggestions probably have more to do with my own personal

opinions than concrete flaws on your part. Take them for what they're worth. You convey a lot of depth within the composition with your use of scale, however, I think you could make the depth more dramatic by altering the method in which you handle the foreground, middle ground, and background elements. You have sillouetted the bridge and the skyline which adds to the effect of depth. But the edges are fairly crisply defined from front to back of the comp. If you softened up the edges on that bridge and then further softened the edges and washed out the skyline a bit, I think the effect would be closer to how the eye actually would percieve such a scene. Also if you resolved the edges of Nas (the figure) by very subtly showing some light reflecting from the edge of the face, I think it would pop more. (A good example of this is how Switchum handled the edges of the forms on that first canvas)

Also, something about the way the Nas logo is placed seems off. Just my opinion but, I think it could be done in a more sophisticated manner.

Overall nice work though. Hope that helps.

Peace

Originally posted by Spellbound

^^^What the fuck is that supposed to mean?

Anyway Be_hiphop, I think that piece is pretty well done.

My suggestions probably have more to do with my own personal

opinions than concrete flaws on your part. Take them for what they're worth. You convey a lot of depth within the composition with your use of scale, however, I think you could make the depth more dramatic by altering the method in which you handle the foreground, middle ground, and background elements. You have sillouetted the bridge and the skyline which adds to the effect of depth. But the edges are fairly crisply defined from front to back of the comp. If you softened up the edges on that bridge and then further softened the edges and washed out the skyline a bit, I think the effect would be closer to how the eye actually would percieve such a scene. Also if you resolved the edges of Nas (the figure) by very subtly showing some light reflecting from the edge of the face, I think it would pop more. (A good example of this is how Switchum handled the edges of the forms on that first canvas)

Also, something about the way the Nas logo is placed seems off. Just my opinion but, I think it could be done in a more sophisticated manner.

Overall nice work though. Hope that helps.

Peace

shit.... thanks so much... i know if i would have spent more time on this.. and had real paint brushes it would have been better... but i only spent 2 hours and had 1 shitty brush... i have alot more canvas work.. but i cant get it on my com[puter... but i would love to... cuz that crit was very helpful.. thanks