Canvas Thread

Harpo Marx

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo bounce....feelin' that O man....how are you blending those decocolors so smoothly?

and here's a little experimental style panel.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc08b3127cce84a1a4d5577c0000001610'>

^^^kinda ugly but that doesn't really matter for now.

and here's another gift....it says JAKI

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3cc08b3127cce84a1b99917a60000001610'>

To my boy DUST..Keep up the good work you should really stop wasting your time and start painting...sketching and doin canvases more often..you got skill ^^^^^^^^that canvas is tight whoever gave it to you is a god for having you start something so good...

Bouncecraze-Thats tight man i bet hardly 5% of people on 12oz could do a whole 3d canvas that good with Decos....Most cant do 3d at all

GOOD JOB TO BOTH

Originally posted by ¤Ñ£§k_ºÑ£R¤

To my boy DUST..Keep up the good work you should really stop wasting your time and start painting...sketching and doin canvases more often..you got skill ^^^^^^^^that canvas is tight whoever gave it to you is a god for having you start something so good...

Bouncecraze-Thats tight man i bet hardly 5% of people on 12oz could do a whole 3d canvas that good with Decos....Most cant do 3d at all

GOOD JOB TO BOTH

your boy dust needs work.. that 3d sucks..

Originally posted by Joker

One of Five in an ongoing series inspired by Kema...

3'x3' on wood

hey was that done with acrylic... what kind of wood was it?

and the last of the annoying questions... did you use gesso on the wood?

YEA I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE AN INTERVIEW,,,,peace

Thanks for the good words guys.

SeYnO9... The wood is your average super smooth quarter inch door-skin attached to a 1x3 inch wood frame using finishing nails that have been counter sunk. I used satin latex house paint on the wood as a base layer and let that dry for several days. I drew my pattern out and then masked off for each color. Each color is a tone from Belton's Molotow series. IMHO, that is serious paint and covers like real paint. For what I'm doing I couldn't ask for better, I've worked with just about every brand. I did one color a day to give the paint plenty of time to dry. When all was finished, I cut .25" x 3.5" strips and painted them black. Attached them to the outside of the frame of the piece and used finishing nails and a some wood glue to hold them. Framing gave it the finished look it needed.

Here's the others. Different sizes from the one above but all related in style, and that's why it's an ongoing series.

Originally posted by Coffie Crave

joker- not feeling that set of canvas they need more maby some numbers or letters if anything a charator.

any how, good choice on the color theam

Damn, You know what 12oz needs more than anything???

SPELLCHECK!!

GREATEST THING SINCE FAT CAPS.....

** I would also refrain from ever telling an artist how to do his/her work. Ecspecially, someone as fully devoloped like our man here Joker. I personnally paint for myself and hope that someone else likes it. If they don't like it then someone else will. That's what is so great about art.

this coment was for joker not any little rats...

i love jokers stuff and some stuff i dont like,

i was giveing my 2cents on those canvas if they had a number or letters it would throw them together from ''my point'' of view...

anywho what do i know

StarzAbove-''You def never taken an art history class before!''

i have no idea what you where trying to get at.