MODEL TRAINS

FLESHEATER

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yo on that reefer conversion whered u get the part that would be the genorator i believe cause i got the same pfe cars n am thinkin about converting a few, also i got the shoprite trainset from 2003 last night 4 a dub, the set comes wit 5 covered granners and they all have bullshit company logos n colors on em, i want to repaint them and detail them this color

100_1775a.jpg

what color should i use to paint the cars to get them the color of those? or like the gatx granners is how id like to detail them, i was mayb thinkin rusto light gray auto primer?

very funny picture

I wonder if the layout builder used cat litter for 'ballast' and cat nip for foliage

ive thought about using kitty litter for ballast, ive also thought about using it for grip tape on my n my doods homemade long boards, KLG all the way! ive also found that some spray glue and the foam chucks from inside old coach cushins that your boys dog likes to come over n eat spray painted green also makes for great foliage in heavy forest areas n you can also use it for bushs n schrubs

yo on that reefer conversion whered u get the part that would be the genorator i believe cause i got the same pfe cars n am thinkin about converting a few,

I made it from a mini-BIC lighter.

The whole conversion is pictured step by step here: http://gwrxr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=1&action=display&thread=36

what color should i use to paint the cars to get them the color of those? or like the gatx granners is how id like to detail them, i was mayb thinkin rusto light gray auto primer?

the gray primer would be good, with a drop or two of yellow mixed in

I made it from a mini-BIC lighter.

The whole conversion is pictured step by step here: http://gwrxr.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=1&action=display&thread=36

the gray primer would be good, with a drop or two of yellow mixed in

good looks homie that conversion step by step was very helpful, as for the granners the gray auto primer worked good, i added a some brown primer for rust and a mist of black for dirt n grime

train2.jpg

train3.jpg

sorry for the shitty ass cell phone fliks, i need a better cell phone camera

so ko u got any good tips on re-stamping my car wit its new paint job?

• Like 1

Right ons. Good that it was helpful to your builds

Hobby Shops and online retailers sell decals and dry transfers for the reporting marks, numbers, etc.

. . . i want to repaint them and detail them this color

th_100_1775a.jpg

. . . or like the gatx granners is how id like to detail them. . .

kind of did this on a whim, so i really didnt get the right type of boxcar, just whatever i had laying around, not as exact as i was hoping for, but i think it works overall.

Looks pretty close to the prototype

Do you plan to stamp out the reporting marks and other RR info on your car?

RR_stampout_paint.jpg

for these black blocks, brush by hand and it will look right.

try using dark dark gray, almost black dark gray. It will look more scale when finished.

RR_stampout_paint_.jpg

for this RR information and 'BLT DATE' info box, hobby shops and online retailers sell RR decals in scale.

craft stores such as Joanns and Michaels sell dry transfers in different styles and sizes.

also for the 'BLT DATE' info box, search through old decals from model aircraft kits of yours or your buddy's, or ebay to create you own.

a little bit of cutting with a hobby knife will be necessary

hope that helps

I'm looking to get some used models real cheap. maybe i can experiment with weathering. There used to be an awesome local place with a bargain bin...got a few sweet ones and accessories for real cheap. I'm in the NYC/Jersey area. Anyone know of a shop that I might be able to find something like that around there? I know there's ebay, but shipping adds up if i want a lot. New ones are out of my price range. If anyone can help that would rule.

I'm looking to get some used models real cheap. maybe i can experiment with weathering. There used to be an awesome local place with a bargain bin...got a few sweet ones and accessories for real cheap. I'm in the NYC/Jersey area. Anyone know of a shop that I might be able to find something like that around there? I know there's ebay, but shipping adds up if i want a lot. New ones are out of my price range. If anyone can help that would rule.

not sure where in this great state u live im guess near the beach boiiiiiiii check this place tho they got bargain bins good prices n the guys who work there r some soild doods http://www.themodelrailroadshop.com ive taked to em about weather cars n scratch building water towers n shit 4 hours, get some ho goods n mayb we can do some trades