The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

i made a thread with some awesome pictures on mummys a while back. if anyone is interested i can post some in here or link them up.

Started taking FILM photos again, as trendy as they are becoming, i got a Holga for free. forgot how different it is with no AF

carwash.jpg

bumshadow.jpg

sears2x.jpg

sears.jpg

eltrain.jpg

brokebike.jpg

so i took this holga to work and told my coworker that i was gonna take a double expose shot of her. she asked me what it was, i really couldnt help but tell her "its when you say cheeeese and show me both your tits!"

Nice fog shot JB, waiting to develop mine from that night. to damn foggy.

Hey jbchit is that the loop? the chicks a hottie btw and that playground is awesome. i missed out on the fog though had to study for midterms.

nothing like flickin a random person, its kind of a rush you don't wanna get em to see you because then it'll defeat the point of it being candid but when they do some don't mind.

4426147160_a242d9306f.jpg

4425378509_a4599a5d9c.jpg

4426127774_8e623efe61.jpg

4425358367_1d914cfc34.jpg

they travel in packs and gentrify neighborhoods..

Regarding the photographing of strangers:

1. bring a little photo album with you of your portfolio, and show it to strangers. right your email on a bunch of pieces of paper and hand it to them, asking them to contact you and you will send the print/image.

2. if you are looking for 'candid' shots, either use a zoom lens (2-300mm, etc.), or learn how to shoot without looking through the viewfinder/screen.

3. you will get better images by looking for interesting moments, approach the person and tell them who you are/show them your portfolio. Then, hang back and wait for them to start to ignore you again. It takes time, but if you ask someone to photograph them and immediately go ahead, you are not going to get 'natural' moments.

4. Don't use your iPod. You need all your senses, and a huge (slept-on) characteristic necessary for street photography is one's ability to be charismatic. Everyone loves to talk about how they wish they were invisible, etc., but it is much easier to enter situations where the people feel comfortable with you and your camera, rather than pretending that no one knows you are there.

Guest JohnLester#31

On point Mayor. I was in Harvard Sq. (T) and saw this guy jammin on his guitar, another at DT Crossing playing the trumpet. Was tempted to ask but couldn't think of an approach. Thanks for that though.

/BumpCase.

Bump this btw, haven't seen that wall in a minute.

4423746730_bffa9ab28b_o.jpg

IMG_5317edit.png