The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

gallery wrap?

any local framing store will be able to do custom or precut mats. just matted a 12x18 for around 10 bucks, including foam backing. i have a mat cutter too, but i really havent tried it out yet.

or if you want to support shitty chain stores, michaels and aaron bros also can do them

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
gallery wrap?

any local framing store will be able to do custom or precut mats. just matted a 12x18 for around 10 bucks, including foam backing. i have a mat cutter too, but i really havent tried it out yet.

or if you want to support shitty chain stores, michaels and aaron bros also can do them

i learned mpix will send them prematted for like 3-4 bucks so i think ill go with that. a gallery wrap is a canvas print stretched around a wooden fram where the image extends all the way over the frame and wraps around. so its a non framed photo.

http://www.mpix.com/productsinfo.aspx?prod=12

If it is not a standard sized window or size, the Mat it is going to cost you. Some of the places have a minimum, I think Michaels was around $20 and I asked even if it was just 5x7and they told me it was, so take that for what its worth. All of the standard sizes you can usually buy right off the shelf at said chain stores and those won't cost you much.

I Mat everything myself, it doesn't take me very long now. Soon once I get some space finished for all this stuff I won't have to break it all down when I finish. I have bought sheets 36"x40" (maybe even alittle longer) and it costs me less than 10 dollars. 11x14 uncut I think was 2 bucks.

-for two thouand you can start looking at near high end nikon's, i think. they are sooo good. live view with rgb histograms.

-canvas prints are cheesy.

-rage, just my opinion, but i don't think the fisheye is doing anything for your photographs. they would be just as successfull, or more, with a non fisheye lens. the content/projects/work tends to be solid, while a fisheye seems as only an optical trick.

-rage, just my opinion, but i don't think the fisheye is doing anything for your photographs. they would be just as successfull, or more, with a non fisheye lens. the content/projects/work tends to be solid, while a fisheye seems as only an optical trick.

That's the whole purpose of a fisheye.

I just use them to get more subject matter. If I wanted to show something specific I'd use my 18-70mm lens, but after spending 500+ on my Tokina, I'd like to use it just a little.