The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

I like this photo... But this project has been done before. But I guess that doesn't matter... like all other forms of art, you just got to do it better. I think I just sounded like a pretentious asshole, and thats not me, I like the photo.

it will be quite different than how people have seen this issue photographically...

...and hopefully better. :D

old rail shots haha; it is a graffiti site after all :)

696199853_d2b0d04cd5.jpg

696199819_5adf79af1d.jpg

696982764_af207d63ea.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

exactly, its a graffiti site, we've all seen trains/tracks before.

we've also seen canvases with overspray and drips too, just fyi.

i hate when people put watermarks on photos in here. maybe it's just me, but it comes across as thinking either we're a bunch of thieves who would try and steal photos, or that you think you're so hot that you need your name all over everything you do. neither of which i feel applies to a single person who posts in here.

just me.

i spent the last couple weeks in a tropical mystery land. ill have pictures when i get done cropping and shit.

i hate when people put watermarks on photos in here. maybe it's just me, but it comes across as thinking either we're a bunch of thieves who would try and steal photos, or that you think you're so hot that you need your name all over everything you do. neither of which i feel applies to a single person who posts in here.

just me.

i third* that. i've had my photos stolen a couple times..never from this site though. watermarks just makes your stuff look trashy imo.

optimus. ive always loved your shots. so simple and elegant. where are you from again?

i would also suggest the d40x or k100d. you definitely do not need all the extras that come with the higher priced slrs.

513592412_eaee070776.jpg

513592410_582b0abd93.jpg

513622651_34f0c54e15.jpg

one last los angeles river shot.

513598934_c4b43e8f3a.jpg

yo decaying. i'm really curious how you get these kinda colours, what post processing procedures you're going through etc. They're fucking baddd. If you could shed a little light it would be sweet...

um, im gonna wager a guess and say

first set: desaturate

second set: over saturate.

combine that with over/under exposures, and voila.

yep. those two quoted are the exact color out of camera with about 30% desaturation. the one on bottom is one of the only ones i have ever boosted the saturation on. combined with over/under/spot on exposures, and voila.

depends on the situation and what your trying to show. i only mess with the saturation on about half my pictures. and usually thats the only post processing i do besides a little in curves or levels.

the time/place you take photos can have a huuuge impact on the colors as well.

hmm...technical. ok.

image>adjust>hue/saturation

slide the lever to the right to over saturate, left to undersaturate.

you can also just change the saturation of specific colors.

you'll also want to mess with contrast and curves, both of which are found in the image>adjustments> section.

decaying, i really dig the portraits.

what do you do to them for post production?

see above.

havent taken many pictures this week so far. heres a couple though.

some semi-abstracts.

710602847_6e538055af.jpg

710602717_531737d672.jpg

710602803_eb5613676d.jpg

the girlfriend.

710602819_9cbf6b3d69.jpg

haha, if one of these guys saw el mamms wearing his bear cap they would just mount him

Ummm.. not really.

One of them has met El Mamerro in person even.

No offense to Mamerro, but he's not their type.

Again, just because someone owns an Angry Alan hat doesn't mean they're a bear or like bears. They're just my friends and they're all over the world.