The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

p-mzs.jpg

check this one out. easily one of the best layouts of any camera and built pretty well also. can take "any" pentax lens ever made (screwmounts with an adaptor).

ive been using it for a while and it has never failed me. even in horrible conditions.

also, if you ever get a digi (ist Ds or D) you can use the same lenses.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by -Rage-@May 24 2005, 09:55 PM

Are the same accessories available for the 450 as you mentioned with the 220?

i *believe* the 450 does. i think it even came with some extra flashbulbs...they are really well kept together with documentation and stuff like that. the 220 even has an unopened pack of 108 film from 1980 in it.

Originally posted by fr8lover@May 24 2005, 08:52 PM

the 220 even has an unopened pack of 108 film from 1980 in it.

No doubt it's completely dried up.

I have a few packs of 108 film too.

I just like to keep it for keeps sake.

If you can, check the battery compartment in the 450.. make sure the Positive and Negative plugs aren't corroded.

If it looks clean go for it. $25 is a very decent price for a case and camera.

Hell, I'd pay up to $50 for a case and a camera.. I love the old black Polaroid cases. So sleek.

Same as in the PPA thread in Ch0..

Drumroll please....

And the order is..

1) MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega (hand-off in person)

2) jbrshmonster (hand-off in person)

3) onesecondple

4) krs702

5) The Leader

6) fr8lover

7) MrChupacabra

8) BROWNer

9) <KEY3>

10) b0b

11) geist

Yes, BROWNer has been added.

Seeing as how two people can be knocked out pretty fast in the beginning, I decided to let the Brown in.

I knew he wanted in. What was he thinking?

This list should make the book move a little faster than the last Round.

It might change if need be, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Take note of who's next to you in line.

You'll need to keep in contact with them.

Originally posted by hot shit@May 24 2005, 06:59 PM

id personally go with a manual focus unless your going to be into photojournalism. Id go with the nikon F3, talk about a nice camera.

I plan to use manual focus the VAST majority of the time (read: damn near always). I'm just saying, it'd be nice to have some auto capabilites if i need to really quickly shoot off a handful of pictures for something or other.

The F3 is a beautiful camera, the only reason I didn't mention is because he said he was looking for something with some automatic features.

If I didn't already have all Nikon mount AF lens I would definitely buy a F3. I'm really not in the market for a new 35mm. I only use the one I have now for shooting live bands and occastionally homeless people(I pay them or buy them food, I'm not that much of a jerk.)

Other than that I shoot all medium and large format.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a pentax slr, you should look into getting the 6x7 lenses and a convertor ring. Those lenses are the fucking sex.

god, i should've really been looking at this thread a long time ago. definitely some dope stuff going on... and that PPA, shit, i need to get on that next time.

RAGE (and the rest of the RIT-to-be crowd)

I did RIT back in '95 for a couple years. It's hardcore up there so be prepared to work your ass off. They take photo seriously and I know a lot of people get bugged out and quit. I wish I could go back now though... for real. The photo program up there gets the most funding too, so there's always an assload of new shit to play with and learn. I hear they're starting to focus a lot on the digital shit now, but there'll always be a die hard trad. crew... just wait until you get to use the 8x10.... oh shit.

that's it. i'm bookmarking this thread as of right now.

(ps: revamped website for the fuck of it)

Optimus, that Colorpack II looks nice and clean.

carwreck, where that hell have you been man?!

You need to post up some more.

The stuff you posted wayyy back was awesome. Your site is great too.

I was just in Allentown yesterday, so it's funny that I clicked on that first digital color shot of yours.

shit, yeah man, i've been out of comission for a while.... grad school and all. shit's done now though so i'm all about producing now. hit me up next time you're in town too... i might be in your neck of the woods this weekend though.... we'll see.

i've got a fuckload of stuff i haven't scanned yet, i have to get on that. more train shots than anything, but something like 8 rolls at the lab now. the kids would say 'holla'.

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@May 24 2005, 10:04 PM

Speaking of which, if anyone has a pentax slr, you should look into getting the 6x7 lenses and a convertor ring. Those lenses are the fucking sex.

I have one...but I think its been around 2-3 years since I've shot anything with it. I'll have to check it out for sure.

I met a Reuters photographer a few weeks ago. Dude was cool as hell and had some interesting shit to say. Photography is treating him very well.

I can dig it... I tried a passaround to a bunch of people and that shit's stuck somewhere in CA now. Fuck it. Over a year and people are just too damn lazy and irresponsible to keep it moving. And there were some rad artists on it too. Oh well......

Meanwhile, the scanner is getting a workout... eyes open...