The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

Damn it Napalm...

Can't you read?

Originally posted by MrChupacabra@Apr 26 2005, 11:11 PM

For future reference, please don't post photos that are going to make the screen need to scroll sideways to see them all. It just throws the pages and the typing off. That goes for everyone. If you have a huge picture you want to leave that large, just link it. Thank you muchly.

Nice picture though.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

mack: i have an untrained eye and no formal education in photography, but i really dig most if not all of the shots you posted. really feelin' em...

Originally posted by GnomeToys+May 3 2005, 02:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GnomeToys - May 3 2005, 02:41 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mack, I can't argue with the fact that those photos are fucking hot. Even that washing machine has emotion going, and that isn't an easy task.

[/b]

I agree.

What format/media are you using?

<!--QuoteBegin-ilovedrunk@May 3 2005, 03:30 AM

thank you again for letting me be part of it also brother...

Not a problem.

I too am glad it's almost back to me.

I'm amazed it made it this far.

I guess about one week and I'll have it.

Mackfatsoe those flicks are good,

i mean if i really really wanted to critique all i could say

is some are just a little dark, and most subjects are centered

may some variation of subject placement.

But that thats real minor nitpicking other wise FIYAHHHHHHHH

I hold no water or cheese

This is ilovedrunk's picture.

But he probably won't post it because he's weak!

fly1.jpg

*edit - and his commentary:

i just spent about 20 minutes shooting a wad of paper out of a slingshot at a huge fly... yes i said sling shot.. when i hit it it fell but woke up when i was taking pictures.. so i snuffed it out with a cotton ball a cup and some rubbing alochol... then i took pictures...

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob@May 3 2005, 09:34 AM

My PPA additions are sure to give everyone boners and/or enlarged clitori.

As long as nobody gets both, then I'll be scared and aroused.

The fly picure is nice... it also reminds me that I need to pick up a 1:1 macro lens of some kind. Anybody have experience with any Sigma brand macro zooms? I'm pretty much stuck with sigma because of the SA mount on my camera unless I get the M42 adapter and an older lens, so any recommendations on M42 macros that are decent would be helpful (and cheaper too).

i know reposts are a nono but i had to do it with the story included...

fly1.jpg

i just spent about 20 minutes (at after 3 in the morning) shooting a wad of paper out of a slingshot at a huge fly... yes i said sling shot.. when i hit it it fell but woke up when i was taking pictures.. so i snuffed it out with a cotton ball a cup and some rubbing alochol... then i took pictures...

(repost from another message board i visit after getting funny responce from the fly photo and description.....)

it was actually pure boredome at work... i was in my bathroom and i heard it buzzing around... and i have this kinda rowdy crossbow "toy" that shoots these plastic darts with suction cups on the end... i really wanted to shoot the damn thing with that.. only i couldnt find darts anywhere... which pretty much made me sad.. so i saw my slingshot.. and used a wad of paper a lil bigger than a marble... and shot and shot and shot... and i even grazed it a few times... it didnt like me shooting at it too much.. it kept protecting itself getting close to the light bulbs... anyway i finally nailed it (i wasnt shooting at a real close range mind you) and it just kinda dropped... when it fell it did that thing fighter planes do when their shot down in movies.. where they kinda spiral nosedive.. anway so i set him up to take photos seeing as he was kinda a bigger fly... and i stand him up (tweezers) and he stands just fine.. it looked like he was still alive.. i set up mi mini tripod and im not getting the light like i wanted... so i spot lighted him with my mag light... and all of a sudden after the light being on him a few minutes he starts walking around... bastard.. thats not helping.. so i pour some rubbing alcohol into a lil paper bathroom cup and pour the excess in the sink...i put the cup upsidedown over the lil bastard and go play tonyhawk a few rounds... when i come back i carefully lift up the cup... not only is the lil bastard still alive he is climbing around on the inside of the cup.. fuck me... soooo.. i soak a cotton ball with the alcohol again.. i put the cup ontop of the cotton ball.. and prolly less than 2 minutes later he is dead on his back lying in the pool of liquid death...

lights camera action.... the only problem is now, he wont stand up anymore seeing as he is dead....

the end

Guest fr8lover

just got a cheap sx-70 onestep that im excited about, since ive never used time-zero film before.

i got it home and noticed a small crack on the side of it, and theres a sliver of opening into where the film goes. i couldnt get a very good picture, but to sans sheriff or anyone else...would this let in a lot of light making the camera useless? what would you suggest to patch it up?

camera.jpg

Originally posted by fr8lover@May 3 2005, 09:03 PM

just got a cheap sx-70 onestep that im excited about, since ive never used time-zero film before.

i got it home and noticed a small crack on the side of it, and theres a sliver of opening into where the film goes.  i couldnt get a very good picture, but to sans sheriff or anyone else...would this let in a lot of light making the camera useless? what would you suggest to patch it up?

Congrats fr8's,

First off, you're right it does take Time-Zero film, BUT you can use basic 600 film also.

I suggest using a pack of 600 first, this way you can see if there is a light leak or not.

Looking at the damage on your OneStep I can tell you it's unlikely it will affect your Polaroids.

If it does, just throw some layers of electrical tape on the outside.

To use a pack of 600 film in the OneStep you only need two things.

A pack of 600 film (duh) and a thin piece of cardboard.

Take the cardboard and slide it in 3/4 of the way into the film bay, keeping it in contact with the bottom of the bay.

Now, push in the 600 film pack halfway (on top of the carboard), then remove the carboard and insert the pack of film the rest of the way.

Close the bay door and the top film card should pop right out as usual.

Make sense? It's really easy.

Now, technically you need some filters to compensate the film ISO from Time-Zero to 600, but it's not a big deal.

Just make sure you turn the Light/Dark dial all the way to dark.

Hope it works for you!

Guest fr8lover

thanks for the help! yeah, upon further inspection it probably wont affect the pictures, since the film is not only physically in the camera, but in its own case...we'll see.

the good news is theres a shop nearby that sells time zero film for almost as cheap as 600. i always get nervous with pawnshop cameras, but the investment is worth the risk!

Originally posted by sans sheriff@May 3 2005, 08:25 AM

What format/media are you using?

35 mm manual.

i think the film was fuji superia 100.

to anyone in LA, do you know of any public black and white darkrooms???

oh, and today I drove by a gay bar named "RAGE" in big red letters.

I smiled and hahaha'd.

Originally posted by mackfatsoe@May 3 2005, 11:23 PM

35 mm manual.

i think the film was fuji superia 100.

to anyone in LA, do you know of any public black and white darkrooms???

oh, and today I drove by a gay bar named "RAGE" in big red letters.

I smiled and hahaha'd.

I'll have to try some of that film.

It looks great.

Hahah, It's probably not a "Bear" bar though.