The Photography Thread

MrChupacabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

i dont really like taking "artsy pictures" with a digital camera, but i got one for real cheap and it's fun to pick and choose what you like...

expo.jpg

busstop.jpg

between.jpg

elevator.jpg

pool.jpg

flowers.jpg

car.jpg

airforce.jpg

Originally posted by hyrax@Feb 24 2005, 05:36 PM

You can see the damage I was talking about, plus a big blob of what I believe was the negative, and what looks like light leaks.

Rage, you okay with me using the last 2 exposures on this pack?

You should refer to the small black Manual that I included...

The white edge is what happens when the film is pulled out at an angle. When this happens the developer misses a part of the backing completely, thus leaving just the white.

This can also cause a red/orange along the edge or corner of color prints.

When you pull out the second tab with the picture, pull it straight out and don't slow down or stop.

* oh yea.. go ahead and use the last pics.

jbrsh>

i bought it off one of my teachers with a 165mm lens and the flash came with a battery pack, claps to put it on a light stand, and an umbrella and the whole thing came in this crazy pellican case that looks like a bomb. my teacher gave me the whole set up for $1500. the camera and lens go for like $1200 and the whole flash package goes for like $900.

cheggit>

those shots are really nice. what kinda camera are you using?

Originally posted by MisPantalonesEstaEnfuega@Feb 25 2005, 10:28 AM

one second>

go with a nikon digital slr, they have better optics than canon thus providing a clearer picture. i've seen digital camera with 2 megapixels that are using nikon lens that can be blown up to 20x30 just because of the quality of the lens they shot with

The good old nikon vs. canon debate. Almost as endless as PC vs. Mac.

Bayer sensor cameras suck anyway, foveon forever. :-)

I've got a 20d and love it. I have an old Canon film slr camera too plus im gonna get a EOS film slr so I can make use of my EF lenses thta i currently only use on my 20-d.

Also this whole "my lens is better than yours" thing. You can get amazing lenses on both Nikon and Canon and any make, you just gotta have the money to burn away...

Originally posted by onesecondple@Feb 28 2005, 01:18 PM

rage, why is the last letter always super brite out?

Good question.

The first time I did a Polaroid Name, I was near an exposed light bulb with a pull string.

I realized I could use a quick flash of it while writing a letter and have myself exposed.

I thought it would be cool to use that technique for the last letter.

I think of it as a sort of signature. It's an Angry Alan original becuase i'm in it.

*note:

For the most recent two Polaroid Names I've used a small handheld flash instead of the pull sting bulb, which broke.

http://www.angryalan.com/PolaroidNames.htm

Originally posted by sans sheriff+Feb 28 2005, 02:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sans sheriff - Feb 28 2005, 02:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-onesecondple@Feb 28 2005, 01:18 PM

rage, why is the last letter always super brite out?

Good question.

The first time I did a Polaroid Name, I was near an exposed light bulb with a pull string.

I realized I could use a quick flash of it while writing a letter and have myself exposed.

I thought it would be cool to use that technique for the last letter.

I think of it as a sort of signature. It's an Angry Alan original becuase i'm in it.

*note:

For the most recent two Polaroid Names I've used a small handheld flash instead of the pull sting bulb, which broke.

http://www.angryalan.com/PolaroidNames.htm

[/b]

yeah, i figured it was something like that...