good hiphop to download?

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FilthyPraxis

Yeah, there's no stick, but I get tired of seeing other "writers" fronting like they can paint and listening to aesop rock or some other very well known underground MC. It just makes a bad word association. You know that whatever I say is my opinion. I would not have said anything, except, I've listened to everything that's been listed here, and very little of it is impressive to me. If you're pleased by monotone voiced MCs and the same old replayed break beats, by all means it's whatever stains your shorts. No offense, but if you've listened to enough hip hop music you could've predicted every suggestion listed here.

hah. okay thats some funny shit "theres no stick" ... i understand exactly what your saying.. true it does make a bad word association.. but im not one of those kids who just bumps hiphop and is like I die for hiphop.. all 4 elements..bs.. i just listen to whatever i like. And yes we all have our own opinions.. just like i thought you had a stick up your ass;] I just dont apperciate when people have to bash on everything..just because they think they listen to better music or the genre of music they listen to is better. And no i wont get offended by your last comment.. but yeah i've heard alot of whats been listed..and alot i havent..i wont front like i have..

I forgot:

Thirstin Howl III (I was all about this kat in high school)

Saul William- Amethyst Superstar (he rides the line between hiphop flows and poetry)

Jean Grae (she's pretty tight)

and....

if you haven't already, look up the Vast Aire- Scissor Tounge Bootleg (fresh shit, I guarantee).

........so what's the deal Alure. I'm serious. We should set a date. How do you feel about June weddings?

Guest WebsterUno

You know whats funny.

Some of these very well known

artists, arent very well known.

Youd be surprised how many people

dont know who Cage is, or Aesop Rock

for that matter. I say names like that,

and they think Im speaking Chinese?!?!

Say Nelly, and fools are like, "Yeah, thats my shit!"

And what the fuck is a BirdMan, "pppuuurr,

what happend to that boy"

blach, garbage!

Originally posted by FatBoy

aesop rock sucks and so do most of the def jux artists but hey thats my opinion

yeah your one of the first people i know to not like aesop.. i can see why some dont like el-p tho.. or maybe even can..ox even tho i love them.. what do you like if you dont mind me asking?

Guest WebsterUno

Fuck MTV and Rap City.

MTV never showed it, and

BET only played it once.

End 2 End burners.

Fuck I never seen it again.

Dope video.

Originally posted by painthuffer

Peanuts and Corn is dope....John Smith "Blunderbus" was a tight album

Hip Hop Weiners. Mcenroe is a genius with his beats.

MMMMMM Peanuts & Corn

love love love Fermented Reptile

Pip SKid is one the best MC's that Canada has produced and has the bet stage show.

Mr LIf-I Phantom both the song and the album are good, one of the few concept albums I've heard that actaully works.

Greyboy-more acid jazzy/ hip hoppy; check his later stuff out

Mint Royale with Pos One(De La SOul)-Show Me - This song makes me so happy-I play it and wander around grinning like a maniac, it's so bouncy

DJ Shadow with Roots-Meiso

DJ Shadow with Zack De La Rocha-March of Death

J-Live-Anything he does is pretty tight but I really like "Satisfied" "Bragging Writes (w DJ Premier)" "Like This Anna"

Masta Ace with Jean Grae-Hold You

i've been listening to alot of jap hop, so ummm

terracotta troupe

shing02

think tank

rino latino

non jap hop

murs

push buton objects

delarosa and asora (prefuse 73 alias)

TTC (french hip hop)

estrocaro (another prefuse alias)

any sage francis or non prophets ish

too many...i lke alot of stuff....

MTV never showed it, and ......

mtv has shown it a few times and BET showed it alot...it was a great video....i wonder if it's on kazaa? i've looked for it, but have only found it in streaming format on web sites...rollingstone.com i think has it available...maybe...

i used to be REALLY into that "underground" hip hop stuff until i got incredibly sick of it. necro was an amusing novelty for a while, but the only excellence in his stuff is the beats- i find his rhymes extremely unimpressive. non phixion was cool, and i liked them better than necro, until their hypocrisy irritated me. i could go on and on and rant about aesop rock, cannibal ox, cage, el-p, c rayz walz, eyedea etcetc. anyways, ill list some songs i DO still like by dudes in the aforementioned catergory, in addition to songs by artists who i like more.

*everything by big L ever.

cant knock da hustle- jay-z (i hate jay-z but this is a classic).

watch out now- the beatnuts.

the message- nas.

method man- ex girlfriend.

everything by slick rick.

kid koala and dynamite d- 3rd world love (this is sort of different than everything else on this list but oh well).

eyedea- soundtrack of a romance.

aesop rock- daylight.

cage- amongst the sleep.

tribeca- the life.

c rayz walz- degrees.

necro- poetry in the streets.

non phixion- obscure disorder

Brooklyn academy

Ra the Rugged man

copywrite

nighthawks (cage & camu)

kool keith