boy sets fire/thursday/rise against shows

charlie dundar

coming soon to a town near you..my broke self won free tickets last night,and i can't wait.seen bsf twice,and they brought the house down.local boys thursday always rock it out[or at least they have the 4 times i peeped them].rise against are also grade a from what i heard of them.a great line up.also featuring the movielife which are borderline ok,but who cares.see you in the pit.hahaha

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I liked BSF alot better before "the day the sun came out"...

When there demo, first 7" and split LP with jazz mans needle came out I loved it.

The novelty has worn out now.

I think they are great guys though,... my old band toured with them right before the signed to initial.

Guest drewWrite

i know what you're talking about zenyth. by the time the that bsf album came out, that whole scene started to get redundant. boysetsfire was the epitome of cheesy "fast/heavy part, then slow emotional part--we want to be emo and hardcore at the sametime" music

Originally posted by drewWrite:

i know what you're talking about zenyth. by the time the that bsf album came out, that whole scene started to get redundant. boysetsfire was the epitome of cheesy "fast/heavy part, then slow emotional part--we want to be emo and hardcore at the sametime" music

sorry you gentlemen feel that way i love 'em....

OK SO THE SHOW STARTED WITH CHICAGO'S RISE AGAINIST...WHICH I THOUGHT WAS GREAT, EXCEPT SINCE NOONE KNEW THEIR STUFF[bEING A NEW BAND]THE PACKED HOUSE STOOD ARMS FOLDED. IF I HAD MONEY I WOULD HAVE COPPED THEIR CD[sADLY I WAS DEAD BROKE].THEN CAME LONG ISLAND'S THE MOVIE LIFE WHICH PLAY CATCHY POPPISH TUNES A LA A NEW FOUND GLORY.GOING INTO TO THE SHOW I WASN'T REALY FEELIN' THESE GUYS,BUT I MUST SAY LIVE THEY ROCKED.THE CROWD WAS LOVING THESE GENTS,SINGING WORD FOR WORD.AS ALWAYS I FELT TOO OLD TO BE IN THE AGE 16 LIKE CROWD.NEXT WAS LOCAL NEW BRUNSWICK BOYS THURSDAY.THEY SAID THEY WERE SHOOTING THE VIDEO FOR ''UNDERSTANDING IN A CARCRASH'',AND ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE.15 PEOPLE RUSHED THE STAGE,AND I'M SURE THE FOOTAGE CONSISTS OF THEM ALL ON TOP OF GEOFF[THE LEAD SINGER]IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAGE.I'M ALL FOR SING A LONGS ,BUT IT SEEMED ALOT OF ''EMO ALLSTARS'' WERE ATTEMPTING TO ASSUME THE SINGER SLOT IN THE BAND,RIPPING THE MIC FROM HIS HAND TO SHOW OFF THEIR ''VOX''.NOT FOR ONE VERSE,BUT FOR COMPLETE SONGS.AT TIMES YOU COULD NOT HERE ANY OF GEOOF'S SINGING AT ALL.IN WHAT WAS A COMPLETE ''FAN FRENZY'',I HAVE BEEN TO SHOWS BEFORE ,BUT NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS....JERSEY LOVES THURSDAY.PEOPLE STAYED ON THE STAGE,AND WOULD NOT MOVE.THERE WAS A CLOWN IN A TIGGER SUIT[FROM WINNIE THE POOH FAME],AND ANOTHER TOY MOSHING IN A M.MYERS MASK[FROM HALLOWEEN FAME]REAAAAAAAAAAL SCARY.ANOTHER ASSHOLE BROUGHT BACK THE RUNNING ON TOP OF PEOPLE'S HEADS FROM THE STAGE MOVE,AND ALMOST GOT HIS ASS BEAT[WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN WELL DESERVED]BY ONE OF THE ONLY ''BIG GUYS''IN ATTENDANCE.TO ADD TO THE SILLY ,CLUB CROME HAS A DISCO BALL.CONFRONTED ON HIS ANTICS HOMEBOY STARTED COPPING PLEAS.OH WELL,SHIT GOT SOO OUT OF HAND BY THE END OF THURSDAY'S SET THE MOBBED GEOFF PASSED OUT ,AND WAS CARRIED OFF STAGE.DUDES SEEMED SOOO CONCERNED TO MAKE A CAMEO IN THE VIDEO THEY WOULD NOT GET OFF HIM FOR 3 MINUTES AFTER THE SET.THEN THE HEADLINER BOY SETS FIRE CAME ON ,AND ROCKED IT OUT.SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY LEFT FOR THEM....THEIR LOSS.4 BANDS ,AND I GOT IN FOR FREE... SURE BEATS SITTING AROUND WATCHING PGA GOLF.THEN MEET UP WITH SOME CHUMS AND DID WHAT I LIKE TO DO BEST...A PERFECT WAY TO END AND OTHERWISE HUM DRUM WEEKEND...YEAH!!!

Archived