Blue Velvet.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract

If you like David Lynch you gotta agree, Blue Velvet is hands down his best movie ever...pure genius.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

actually if you dont like Blue Velvet you shouldnt like lost highway nor mulholland drive. its pretty much the same fuckin thing..only Blue Velvet is better.

Guest chicken bone

David Lynch is awesome! Haven't seen Blue Velvet yet though.

I'm eating salt & vinegar potato chips. :love3:

Guest BROWNer

i used to have the soundtrack to eraserhead, until some bag of shit

stole it. anyhow, i have fond memories of my first viewing of that movie..

i remember laughing super hard. that soundtrack is amazing, lynch is the man, he does sound design and he's dope at it.

blue velvet is dope, but i need to see it again, the memory has faded.

get on aim biatch.

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by -Rage-

I like David Lynch, but I didn't care for Blue Velvet.

This is me too, but I think I like the idea of David Lynch more than I like him. BLue Velvet is just okay to me. I like it when directors can push the boundries and come up with new styles. That said, I prefer directors who can make new things happen but retain a focus on entertainment...I like a lot of movies but the ones that get me are clever, original and suck me in. Mamet is definately one of my prefered guys despite his recent fall out and stupid scenester following...

most of david lynch's movies i cant really get into. dont get me wrong, the cinematography is amazing and the movies are very entertaining. but usually at the end of his movies, he leaves me confused and frustrated. some people will love this about him, but i dont. ive watched most of his movies, and even though i know its gonna be kinda weird like they all are, i still go and watch them. out of all the movies ive seen by him, Blue Velvet is probably my fave.

david lynch's son is fucking awesome too. he is the nicest guy ever and has loads of his own artistic ability and vision. austin lynch ownz j00. my friend who introduced me to austin went to his home in L.A. and told me about this crazy-ass box that david lynch was making in his studio that was clear and filled with embalming fluid..and he had all these dead, frozen animals in his refrigerator that he would throw into the box on different days so that all the animals were suspended at different levels...I never saw this, but it sounded cool as hell!

Guest imported_Tesseract

Apart from all the amazing qualities Lynch's films have what i totally enjoy is the fact that dude is involved in everything, he's movies have great sound, like brown noticed, great text and really fucked up use of language, notice how the 'bad' guy always sais 'fuck' meaning so many different things at the same sentence...etc etc etc..dude does cinema not some wack ass timekiller that aim to shock or just be awesome...

browndawg, refresh it bro...get on aim aswell biatchswz

well, I've already had this argument with KOH but... DUNE SUCKED!

*granted I still haven't seen the 7 hour version...

and while I'm on his case, Mamet is a playwrite, it's just that he's finally getting some notice and so on...

finally Blue Velvet and Eraserhead are IT for me, in the rest you can never tell when Glenda the good witch is gonna pop up, though I would like to say that that one flick with Glenda and Nick Cage and Harry Dean Stanton was ok, mostly because I dug Harry Dean's part, I knew him when I was a kid, you know, and he was never that scary... so that part was good, and what's his nuts, Tom Berringer, with the teeth Bobby whatever, so I guess that flick had some stuff, oh yeah, the chick with Bobby ?... some german chick? or a spanish one, all I remember is that she floored me, hotter than hell... Lynch knows how to pull the sex card...

i'm generally not a fan of david lynch, or film for that matter, and i am definately not a fan of blue velvet. "pure genius"??? how. honestly, i mean sure its filmed well, acted well. but truly the story is far from intriguing. thats my opinion. toy story and toy story 2, dumb and dumber, new world disorder, expendable youth 1 and 2, sprung 3, baco 9, icons and outcasts, kranked 1,2,3, terrafirma 2-5, air raid (the fox movie, not the feature length film or whatever about fruit booters), air style, huevos grandes, wild style. now those are the films that i own. yeah. those are fuckin sweet.

Guest KING OF HELL

yes. i LOVE blue velvet. eraserhead was amazing. the twin peaks series is great and even better is "fire walk with me". Wild at Heart is great. DUNE was ok for what it was. now that ive seen the sci fi channels version that is soooooooooo much closer to that amazing book, i cant even watch the lynch version.

lost highway and mullholand drive made me not want to see anymore david lynch stuff though......hated it! they just came off like half good. with too much of his expected weirdness to be able to deal with whatever plat he decided on this one. both of those movies start out great and at the halfway point they both loose it to rediculousness.

Originally posted by !@#$%

Wild At Heart^^

yeah, that's it, really pretty good except for the heavy overt symbolism and then when Glenda popped up I immediately felt like I'd been duped, the last 10 minutes absolutely buried it but it was often borderline...

Archived