NOUM

NOUM

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: c'mon guys...

Originally posted by swiss cheese

look at the facts here, the guys got 4880 views he must be dope.

Yeah, well the toys post here has over 22,000 views

too so by your logic all the toys who posted in that

thread must be dope too...:lol:

Do you judge people by how many posts they have too?

Guest Frost-BK

you have def. improoved, I really want to see your 2d stuff, and I'm not talking about that simple noum sketch you posted, I'm talking about a 2d burner, as long as it ain't simple.

Guest Propaganda

I like your stuff noum. Not that I know what the heck to start with with 3-d perpestive but from what my eyes see, I like the pieces. Thats your style and what you want to work with. Keep it up. I get back from college we have to def piece somewhere in the New England area.

yo noum, where are ya O's?? since i can never find them and i cant really find your U's much either... both are kinda not there, well the U someitmes i can sorta see, but not grea.t So yea... where the hell are they??? I think if you made them a bit more noticable like ya M and N it'd look better. But yea, whatever, thats just me...

LAST POSTS PROVED MY POINT!!

LO FUCKIN L!!!

ZONE AND DORK... RELAX WITH THOSE COMMENTS, NEXT THING YOU KNOW ONE OF THESE CATS IS GOING TO ASK YOU TO BATTLE THEM AND NO MATTER HOW DOPER THAN THEM YOU ARE YOU'LL LOSE!! GUARANTEED! SINCE WHEN WAS CALLING A TOY A TOY IMMEDIATELY MADE YOU A COINCEEDED PERSON? I'VE BEEN CALLED IT.. BUT A COINCEEDED COMMENT HAS NEVER CAME OUT OF MY MOUTH. NO SKILL= TOY... CALLING IT LIKE I SEE IT! COFFIE CRAVE IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY YOU ASKED TO TRADE A CANVAS OF YOURS FOR ONE OF MINE AND IF AT ALL POSSIBLE PLEASE SEE IF DORK WILL HOOK ME UP WITH ONE OF HIS.... DORK VOICED HIS OPINION. MY OPINION IS THAT I LIKE NOUMS SHIT, BUT AGAIN CALLING ZONE A GOD OF GRAFFITI AS A SARCASTIC HALF ASSED COMMENT! IS PLAIN OL' JEALOUSY! ZONE IS DOPE.

Damm..I don't even know where to start..Well first off I wanna give a shout to cherry for bringing this thread back,because if she didn't I would not of even guessed how some of you feel about my work..hmm..you really wanna know how I feel about this..when the majority bring up perspection and "this kinda looks like that" that whole thing is funny only because I have looked back at my work so many times and see where it was and where it is now..man..lets turn the spot light on "king zone" for a bit..how are ya?..doing good?..need some juice?..how about a pancake?..you of all people I would never of thought would talk shit..only because you are one of the very many most experienced persons on this site..I never even seen you use the word toy hommie..but maybe iv'e been looking in all the wrong threads..for someone with talent to look at someone coming up and try to shoot them down is very low..i'm not asking you to like my stuff but to trash talk and post bullshit to have the majority look back like "wait it does" is very low..is it..fuck it..I don't do 2D,I have 2D pieces acouple of you have seen..Oragami?..the funny part is that my pieces really do look like origami but the fact that you said that and posted the pic of origami to be a complete prick is very..yeah you guessed it LOW..but iv'e grown to learn that a dick will be a dick and no matter how good,nice,phat,dope and or hot your work is you will always be a dick..you never know when one of these quote un quote "toys" will grow to be the next delta,daim,loomit,ewok or totem2 but your all just bashing them like you never had trouble learning your handstlye..no matter how you try to deny it you all had someone you looked up to at one point..and no matter how you try to deny it you too used to bite off of your favorite writer to get to where you are now..hows that for orgami..read up...

Originally posted by NOUM

Damm..I don't even know where to start..Well first off I wanna give a shout to cherry for bringing this thread back,because if she didn't I would not of even guessed how some of you feel about my work..hmm..you really wanna know how I feel about this..when the majority bring up perspection and "this kinda looks like that" that whole thing is funny only because I have looked back at my work so many times and see where it was and where it is now..man..lets turn the spot light on "king zone" for a bit..how are ya?..doing good?..need some juice?..how about a pancake?..you of all people I would never of thought would talk shit..only because you are one of the very many most experienced persons on this site..I never even seen you use the word toy hommie..but maybe iv'e been looking in all the wrong threads..for someone with talent to look at someone coming up and try to shoot them down is very low..i'm not asking you to like my stuff but to trash talk and post bullshit to have the majority look back like "wait it does" is very low..is it..fuck it..I don't do 2D,I have 2D pieces acouple of you have seen..Oragami?..the funny part is that my pieces really do look like origami but the fact that you said that and posted the pic of origami to be a complete prick is very..yeah you guessed it LOW..but iv'e grown to learn that a dick will be a dick and no matter how good,nice,phat,dope and or hot your work is you will always be a dick..you never know when one of these quote un quote "toys" will grow to be the next delta,daim,loomit,ewok or totem2 but your all just bashing them like you never had trouble learning your handstlye..no matter how you try to deny it you all had someone you looked up to at one point..and no matter how you try to deny it you too used to bite off of your favorite writer to get to where you are now..hows that for orgami..read up...

Hey, its all good Ive been called worse. Do you really think all these kids on here telling you your stuff is dope are doing you a favor? I think they are doing you a disservice. Shit your right I have drawn influences from many but I kept my shit under wraps for years before I ever attempted to make it public, for fear of getting clowned. You see thats the way it used to work...you came with wackness you got ridiculed and clowned. If you didnt like it you either progressed or got out of the game. Eventually if you stick with it, the same cats who were making fun of your shit will be trying to get you down for their crew. Believe me I've been there and have not forgotten. Maybe I just got an oldschool attitude towards this and that will never change even though the times have. I dont see anything wrong with a little clowning. Your right I rarely use the word TOY and maybe that should tell you something. Maybe I'll post up some of my old wack shit for you to make fun of and I promise not to get all butthurt about it. Thanks for breakfast, now im off to work...

yep...

the newjacks (toys) take shit from the established writers. That's how it has always been, for me at least. And getting ridiculed on the internet doesn't compare to getting stamped, ridiculed and thumped in real life. I've taken a lot of abuse (especially since I'm white) but kept going letting it slide off my back. You have to have a thick skin. Props to zone for telling the truth and not sugar coating his comments to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. the world doesn't need anymore writers so if you want to quit then go right ahead. But if your inspired to try and become the next Daim then go for the gusto.

Noum,

You're going to have people jumping at you all the time because of one main issue, your influences are very evident. Whether youre biting or not, it's pretty apparent that you are influenced by Daim, Totem and the like. If you change that a little, youre going to progress. You do have some apparent ability, you just need to find your thing. If doing Daim like pieces is your thing, then instead of trying to be like Daim, try to be better. That way you'll develop your own thing. And expect that when you're coming up is when you get the most shit thrown at you. I posted before, saying that you should try to drop the hard angled perspective thing and try to keep everything organic and curved. Or just try for a week or two to do some 2D styles. Figure out your letters first, instead of your 3D first. Some of your more simple sketches indicate that your letter foundation is lacking a little. But instead of taking everything on here to heart, turn it all into the energy to get the last laugh. Everybody on here has been clowned for their style at some point.

Guest Frost-BK

Zone and Ciste droppin' knowledge, I couldn't say it any better.

You really need to work on your letters. . .not 3D, Panal Style.

Propaganda, who were you refering to when you said

"I get back from college we have to def piece somewhere in the New England area."

Noum's from the New England Area?

Guest Propaganda

Well Noum is from CT and Im from MASS. So basically I call it the New England area. Sorry for a bit slight of confusion.

the thing i see keeping you from develop-bling is your approach..

i agree with some of the other guys that its good to learn panel pieces learn letters study some type.. yada yada yada...

but if your not interested in being a "legitimate" (im using the word losely) writer and dont care to focus on letter structure i have comments about learning 3-d.

i dont think ive seen much that shows you are developing your understanding of drawing in perspective...

i think its one of the most serious flaws of 3-d graffiti.. once you establish horizon line.. your 2 or 3 point perspective... and center your piece in the middle doesnt mean you understand how to draw in three dimensions...

this is where i think you need to be critical and start exploring.

theres alot of debate nowadays about alot of old master paintings.. and now under scrutinizing study they believe alot of them could have only been done with the use of a prism...

off topic i know.. but i think important nonetheless.

if you are interested in the illusion that perspective drawing can create i dont think using the same formula every time is going to help.

go to a bookstore sit yourself down with a nice stack of books and start learning about perspective. im telling you itll open up doors... evolve your shit..

sorry another anecdote.

theres a guy i met recently who does spherical paintings.. the premise being. imagine picking a singular point in a room or space.. and then mapping and measuring a complete view of the space 360 degrees.. and then inverting and transcribing that information onto a spherical custom made linen canvas. its quite remarkable.

another interesting thing is animorphic perspective..

i dont know..

i could hate on you... but i dont really care to...and i fully understand what sarifs and clips is saying. but i figure id try to be supportive..

animorphic perspective deals with drawing things in the correct perspective relative to the point of viewing..

so lets say you paint the floor right

but if you stand at a certain point the floor is no long a flat surface and the perspective lines light sources etc... are in correct skewed alignment..

i know either i or someone else had a thread about it in channel zero like.. shit a year ago or something..

there was an article about an artist who does animorphic side walk paintings in juxtapose a year plus ago..

in terms of master painters who practiced it..

some of it could have only been understood through the use of prisms..

illl try to remember. im horrible with names.

Guest Frost-BK

Noum you a Bboy right? Just wondering if you heard about 'Ultimate Breakdown' going down in Nov. in Upstate NY.

Krazy Kujo-vs- Junior Nov 1 & 2 enerjetic -vs- pete nasty Rochester, NY

ULTIMATE BREAKDOWN 2003

November 1st & 2nd

Scuff Skates 557 E. Ridge RD.

Rochester, New York 14621

Admissont: $15 each day

Family Pass $30 each day Includes 1 parent 3 kids

Camcorder Fee $5 each day

DJ Line-Up:

DJ Dadeo (Breakers Delight)

Wiz Da Wax

DiscoLoBos Crew

more guest Dj's TBA

Judges

Keebla (spin factor)

Fresh mama (Breakers Delight)

More TBA

Up to $2,000.00 in CASH PRIZES!

Saturday, Nov 1

12-8pm

Dj Battle

2 on 2 B-boy

Emcee Upstate expedition

B-girl Battle

Live performances

**Open Circle and Open Skate(Boarding, Rollerblades)

Sunday, Nov 2

12-8

Emcee Freestyle Battle

5 on 5 b-boy battle

Poppin & Beat-Box

Live performance

Open Circles Open Skate(Boarding, Roller Blades)

Black Book Judging * bring your books , do a page

Ticket Locations

pre-order family pass call 585-288-1423

Email livej777@hotmail.com

Archived