· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Ringworm too. But yeah, that does not look appealing to me at all. Mainly due to the list of bands, but also because the prospect of a 3 day, 45+ band fest is waaaaaayyyyyy too much (unless of course, said fest is Chaos in Tejas, all the shows are held in bars and basements, and the list of bands playing is phenomenal). Thats just me personally though.

should be getting a press pass to this to shoot photos, either way i'm definitely stoked for it

fest8.jpg?t=1252951843

7 Seconds

Youth Brigade

Strike Anywhere

Coalesce

A Wilhelm Scream

Coliseum

Asshole Parade

Shook Ones

Torche

Crime in Stereo

Polar Bear Club

Magrudergrind

Cloak/Dagger

Monikers

Pulling Teeth

Trash Talk

Forensics

Ruiner

Battle!

Hour of the Wolf

Shitstorm

Protagonist

Outbreak

Religious as Fuck

and about 200+ more (not exaggerating)

So, after years of semi joking around/semi being serious about recording a demo tape with my good friend in boston (also an oldschool ouncer), i finally decided tonight that i'm going to buy an oldschool analog 4track recorder, send it out to him so he can record bass/drums/guitar, and have him send it back to me to do vocals and add other heinous noises to it.

The plan is grimy noise rock/punk with incredibly foul lyrics. Something along the lines of Brainbombs, Flipper, Drunks With Guns, Clockcleaner, Fang, etc etc.

Assuming the price doesn't go up too much on ebay before the auction ends, i'm planning on grabbing a Tascam 424 MKII. I know most of you probably could give a fuck about 4tracks, but for those of you more into the punk shit, a ton of bands used to (and still do) record on this and a couple of the other Tascam models.

424mk2.jpg

I finally caved and got ebay/paypal, since it is going to be necessary in the purchase of said 4 track, but within like 20 minutes i was diligently searching for and bidding on vinyl. Good thing i don't spend money on anything and have some to spare.

Anyone got some requests for new uploads, or anything on my mediafire that you liked so i can get some ideas for the next batch?

http://www.mediafire.com/mrchupacabra

So, after years of semi joking around/semi being serious about recording a demo tape with my good friend in boston (also an oldschool ouncer), i finally decided tonight that i'm going to buy an oldschool analog 4track recorder, send it out to him so he can record bass/drums/guitar, and have him send it back to me to do vocals and add other heinous noises to it.

The plan is grimy noise rock/punk with incredibly foul lyrics. Something along the lines of Brainbombs, Flipper, Drunks With Guns, Clockcleaner, Fang, etc etc.

Assuming the price doesn't go up too much on ebay before the auction ends, i'm planning on grabbing a Tascam 424 MKII. I know most of you probably could give a fuck about 4tracks, but for those of you more into the punk shit, a ton of bands used to (and still do) record on this and a couple of the other Tascam models.

424mk2.jpg

I came across an old Tascam cassette four track while digging through some of my old garbage the other day... I tried to find it just now and snap a picture but I don't know where I put it (signs of old age).

All I can say is that more bad Punk and Hardcore was recorded on that thing then you'd ever care to image! :D

Ayo, anyone know any shows going on nyc? I don't know...

I peeped some BXUG shit at the FLC a year or so back,

shit disturbed me all these crying bitches and niggas that

thought the were ninjas, I was like " no way this is not the

bronx, walked back home through castle hill projects just

to make sure I wasn't in the twilight zone, I might check

out the FLC again, maybe it was a fluke...?

I finally caved and got ebay/paypal, since it is going to be necessary in the purchase of said 4 track, but within like 20 minutes i was diligently searching for and bidding on vinyl. Good thing i don't spend money on anything and have some to spare.

Anyone got some requests for new uploads, or anything on my mediafire that you liked so i can get some ideas for the next batch?

http://www.mediafire.com/mrchupacabra

hachi, was it your place we were listening to cut the shit at the other week? anyway, here is a demo of the singer's new band confines

3927358782_c9ab04d32c.jpg

1. Mediocrity Rules

2. Downward Harmonization

3. The Impossible Standard

4. Culture Trust

5. Polite Conversation

download

i remember you posting a bunch of cut the shit a while ago... abc posted this in vip, but you would probably be into if you didnt already know. did you ever get that mixtape made? i dont remember where i saw you talking about it, but id be interested. word.

did you ever get that mixtape made? i dont remember where i saw you talking about it, but id be interested. word.

Yeah, i'm sending those out in some packages along with photos and some other random shit. I have 1 tape left, so if you want an actual cassette + random photos + other bullshit, shoot me a pm. Otherwise i can hook you up with a link to the download. You won't get the joy of having a cassette/insert, and the songs would all be out of order when you opened them on your computer, but you could always rearrange them according to the track list.

hahahahaha, so fucking gay.

I bet money its like 2 hours worth of self righteous assholes telling lame stories about brotherhood, people they knew who died drugs/booze related deaths, and how they're way better than everyone else because they don't use any substances. Making a terrible name for straight edge people who don't feel inclined to rant and rave about it or try to push it upon others, just like shitty hardcore "crews" have done over the last decade.