Straight Styles...

JayFo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by shor

hey jyce or jyse or jice or whichever you write... how many times have people told you to go simple?? just askin man youre not a good listener..

all you really do is kink your bars and over/underlap them all the time.. it doesnt look that great. im not trying to rag on you or anything, just sayin maybe you want to try to go SIMPLER, how old are you?? 15 maybe??

try straight letters not kinky ones, you know.. graffiti takes time buddy, dont jump ahead of yourself :o) and impress YOURSELF, if that means forget going simple and stick with what you think is cool then do it, just dont expect positive feedback.

first off, I'm a perfectly fine listener because I do have simple things I said in one of my posts when postin the blue one that I made it crazy purpoely just to try it once and what makes you think from there on out i would quote simple anything? I didn't, if you see that orange one i have posted somewhere ive been doing things like that lately. Second I never expect positive feedback, I do it for myself and positive feedback is a plus. Please don't try to teach me something when your not that great to start off with. Personally, jsut like you don't like straight style and all that, I don't like your style. I see your simple lettering on all your threads, the plain bubble letters that I have seen before by others... it looks fine, your doin ya thing, cool, but I didn't wanna do what you do and I go with straight kinking jagged letters. Personally I like that style. So far I've kept my bars all the same, just kinked letters at different points, over and under lapped, connected letters and learned how can do this. Maybe as i progress I will add diferent thicknesses to letters mayber a bit of curves but keep the same straight flow, whatever. For now I'm stickin with the style I got goin, tryin to keep original cuz as of yet, I don't see people havin work that looks the same. Closest resemblance are maybe sp.one, king157, some old cope work, spade, i dunno... but not many do straight styles and mine seems somewhat original and I'm tryin to keep it that way and have fun with it.

Sorry for all the talkin but stop tryin to talk shit and school me with this. I know to go simple, I am going simple, so fuck off. I jsut tried to make it crazier once I'm sorry I am not allowed to experiment. Now please back off and stop flippin out.

Re: Re: this thread needs some life

Originally posted by Darkside

Is that a spirograph in the middle of that piece?

yeah, you got a good memory. i saw that at target a few weeks ago and had to get one again. fun little toy.

jay..

keep doing what you're doing and fuck what everyone else has to say. If you think it's dope than that's what matters. There's too many heads in this shit that think that their particular style is the only way to be, so they won't like it if it doesn't fit their convenient little definition of what graffiti is. Just keep rockin the style you like best and make it your own. That's my piece... good work.

• 2 weeks later...

^thanks phire...

and umm.. yea this thread needs more stuff. I wish more people rocked straight styles. Well, if anyone got some of their own or any period... post em up.

Well, this is jsut an S i posted in the S battles, but I don't got nothin else scanned/flicked... yea too lazy lol. Maybe one day if I'm way bored I'll post all the other pieces/sektches i got, but as of yet that day has not come by.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pa827b00ad17eac7888669405ddec2204/fb6db5b4.jpg'>

Guest mikro137

this thread is really bad , with very few brightspots (eg joker)

i really thought this was gonna just be straight letters , like uber simple type font type stuff. oh well paperchase , you have failed me again.

starzabove, that's cool. Personally I thought the blue one was too wild also I thought the letters were too thin. This one I made the letters thicvker and less craziness, just filled in space with my letters and connections. So yea... and mikro, good for you... though I don't see how you can think joker is the only good thing here. What obut spade and sp.one? Yea, anywayz... that's all I gotta say... peace.

Archived