TERROR ALERT HIGH

optimo

This middle february, from what the news is saying, is going to be the highest possibility of terrorism.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- With the nation on high alert, CIA Director George Tenet told a Senate committee Wednesday that the United States is looking at whether the purported new audiotape from Osama bin Laden "is a signal of a pending attack."

"What he said has often been followed by attacks," Tenet said, "which I think corroborates everything in what we are seeing in terms of raising the threat warning, in terms of the specific information we had at our disposal last week."

Experts were analyzing the newly released 16-minute audiotape, broadcast Tuesday on the Qatar-based, Arabic-language TV network Al-Jazeera. A voice on the tape believed to be that of the al Qaeda leader urged Muslims to show solidarity against any U.S.-led military action against Iraq.

"We want to let you know and confirm to you that this war of the infidels that the U.S. is leading with its allies ... we are with you and we will fight in the name of God," the voice said. ( Full story)

"Our brothers the mujahedeen in Iraq, don't worry about America's lies and their powers and their military might," he said. "We also advise you to drag the forces into fighting you in street fights. Take them into farms, into cities and fight them in there. ... They will be losing a lot of lives." (Key points from address)

Tenet, addressing the Senate Armed Services Committee, declined to be more specific about the tape, but he said bin Laden "is obviously raising the confidence of his people."

"Whether this is a signal of a pending attack is something we are looking at," Tenet said. "I can only tell you what the history is." (Full story)

During similar testimony Tuesday before the Senate Intelligence Committee, Tenet said the reports of planned attacks are "the most specific we have seen" and are consistent with previous al Qaeda plots. (Full story)

Word of the bin Laden tape first emerged Tuesday when U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell told a Senate panel a new message had surfaced believed to be bin Laden claiming he is "in partnership with Iraq."

In an interview with Al-Jazeera, State Department spokesman Richard Boucher defended Powell's assessment that bin Laden and Iraqi President Saddam Hussein were "bound by a common hatred" despite their different ideologies.

Baghdad repeatedly has denied any ties to bin Laden and al Qaeda.

Pentagon officials said Wednesday they had placed anti-aircraft missile batteries around Washington to protect the U.S. capital and said military air patrols also have been stepped up over Washington and New York as a result of the elevated threat of terrorist attack. (Full story)

The Bush administration ordered the threat level increased from elevated to high Friday, citing specific threats and heightened "chatter" -- or various messages to and from suspected terrorists about possible upcoming attacks.

Across the Atlantic, Britain's Labor Party chairman John Reid said Wednesday that the nature of the terror threat against London was similar to the 2001 attacks on New York and Washington. (Full story)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you know what all this reminds me of...

When Orson Welles read "the War of the Worlds" over the radio

on Halloween night and people all over thr country started attacking

water and hydro towers because they thought they were 'martians'.

These towers had always been there, but the paranoia got to be so

much, that ordinary people couldnt tell the difference between fact and fiction.

Take them into farms, into cities and fight them in there. ...

umm.... what the hell are they going to do on farms?

Unless they spread 'hoof and mouth' they picked up from some goat,

there really isn't much point. Seriously, every farmer has a shotgun and will use it like you're nothing more than a coyote.

but that is a scary concept.

Attack wheat fields and forrests.

Poison cows and grains.

Infect pigs and spoil fisheries. That's playing dirty!

The official reason Picasso's masterpiece was covered up?

It hangs over the exact spot where Security Council members stop

and speak before TV cameras. It was decided the violent anti-war

images would not be the fitting backdrop for talk of a new war.

...war of the worlds, funny you should mention that. you know that was a pyschological test on the world population to see if we could be pyschologically manipulated on a grand scale, funded by the rockerfeller foundation. it's all about the masons and their quest for world domination. damn that sucks, oh well.

Guest im not witty

who has seen this new feature on cnn and fox news,where they constantly have a little "terror gauge" on the side of the screen, displaying the level of terror currently in the states. its like a fucking weather meter or some shit. today its going to be partly cloudy with a thirty percent chance of chemical warfare or suprise bombing.

constantly there to remind us that we are supposed to be scared. if it wasnt so ludicrous i would laugh.

Guest WebsterUno

"When Bush named us as part of his Axis of

Evil, I was so happy," Kim said. "I thought to

myself, 'This is it. We are finally going to have a

military conflict with this two-faced hyena.' He'd

been ignoring me so long, I really didn't think he

cared."

"Everyone in my country refers to me as 'Dear Leader.' Is that not disturbingly cultish?"Kim continued.

"I do not understand why President Bush is so much more interested in Saddam than me. I'm a strange,

despotic, unpredictable madman, too, you know."

Guest BROWNer

what is with colon being all over the news all of a sudden?

first its a plagiarized 12year old dossier that is totally

moot, then a huge terror alert, now, with his profound ESP

skills he comes out and predicts that al jazeera will get a

bin laden tape, even before they get it..

funky, funky shit.

Originally posted by im not witty

today its going to be partly cloudy with a thirty percent chance of chemical warfare or suprise bombing.

i will laugh for ya,

that was well put

--

and that article was a good quik read browner. how can they NOT see

their own hypocrisy?

Put Down that Cappuccino and Start Digging

"Smoggy today."

"Yes. Pass the sun block."

"Where do you want to meet Jessica for lunch?"

"Oh, I don't know. Have you tried that new Japanese place?"

"Do you hear a rumbling noise?"

"Sounds like a plane going over."

i was thinking about something yesterday, in a way bush has somehow

positioned himself in a good place considering the situation. how he did

this is utterly amazing to me. if we go to war, presumably bush would

only go to war if he thinks he can win, and if he does "win" then he will

have the hearts of the middle thinkers of this country. or if he countinues

all this big talking and is able to avoid war and oust who he wants to

oust, then in history he has the possibility to be seen as a great

peace keeper in a time of terrible violence. that is pretty fucked up.

there is always the chance that america wont win the war that bush

takes us into...then we would be fucked....

y

Archived