What Camera Models do you have?

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

this must be a lost in translation kinda thing...i laughed cause when my camera did that, i was wtf???...to be precise...'the flash went nuts' was my exact reaction...only i didnt knew why

those sonar lenses are good

Originally posted by jades_blue

Pentax ZX-30

Lightweight, options of manual & automatic functions. I've taken some beautiful, clear photos with this camera the only thing that I've had a problem with is the automatic focus in low lighting. (Sometimes it's a bit too dark and I can't focus manually.) The flash will go nuts and the lens will zoom in and out and if isn't able to focus clearly, it won't take the shot. I figure I need a better lense. But other than that, there isn't anything it can't do.

I've got the MZ-30 so maybe I can help. The strobing is simply to light the subject for focusing, and so you can see what the hell your doing. If it cant find a spot to focus on (shooting distant objects at night will do this) it will just snap from closest to farthest focus over and over. Your best bet in that situation is wait till it focuses on "infinity" then just snap over to manual focus and take the picture. But be sure to use no flash, cause if it cant find anything close enough to focus on, your flash wont adequately light whatever you are trying to shoot. just do a longer exposure, or use the "no flash" preset.

I love the "nightime" preset on this thing for getting night shots of pieces. it gives you a good solid flash, combined with a longer exposure, so you get real bright night shots. no complaints.

aside from my mz-30, I have a holga 120 that I just got (time exposure bulb mod, and cable release were added on it), and the trusty digi, my fuji finepix 2300 (2.1mpx)

Archived