joker

kodak

Guest MRBURNS

LOLZ

blah blah blah..web design, art school nonsense..anyone who draws thier pieces with adobe illustrator is a fag. u know what, f#@k this 3d stuff too. i have a lot of respect for loomit as a person, and as a writer. but for the most part. what happened to a good old 1 train with dero and wane silvers?? u know??? maybe u consider joker a king wherever your from. but here in nyc, where it all started..i think differently.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: LOLZ

Originally posted by MRBURNS

blah blah blah..web design, art school nonsense..anyone who draws thier pieces with adobe illustrator is a fag... what happened to a good old 1 train with dero and wane silvers?? u know??? maybe u consider joker a king wherever your from. but here in nyc, where it all started..i think differently.

haha, i keep trying to write a reply, just so you'll respond again and make your self look even more toy, but i'm begining to both think its not possible, and am honestly starting to feel bad for you.

please, tell me more about the 'old days'... you know, all those times you keep reading about in books and on the internet. please, give us some insight as to the mindset of all of NY, you know, where it started... tell me what graffiti was like in 87... oh wait, thats right, you dont know. joker does, instead of talking shit you should ask him.

herb.

Guest KING OF HELL

after living with joker and painting with him alot, ive not seen him draw a piece he;s painted in illustrator yet. im not saying he doesnt use illustrator, but what im saying is he is just that good. and as far as it goes dude has all thosae traditional styles too. he just took his letters and flipped them. he sites T-KID as one of his main influences. and as far as this whole "lets keep it real" shit goes... is PHASE 2 not keeping it real because he does a flipped version of letters he innovated? his shit is abstract and as wild as it comes.

JOKER IHUBA has put in years of work. has helped establish one of D.C.'s most notorious early crews.

speaking of crews, you think he could be in IHU or BA if he was just some dude who did outlines on his computer?

think before you speak. even in the earliest days of graff dudes like phase two were saying shit like keep at it and push to a higher level of art. now i think those actual words could be debated, but i think the sentiment was basicaly " keep working and pushing yourself until the end."

if simples is what you have as a goal great. nothing dishonorable about that. but theres is also nothing dishonorable about manipulating letters like JOKER has done.

Hes followed in the footsteps of some of the greatest influences on graffiti culture.

dont hate. congradulate. and while your at it, take notes.

FIRST THING FIRST........ DON'T BITE!!!!!!!

SHOW SOME RESPECT AND CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!!

2ND...... FLINT 707 DID THE FIRST 3D PIECE!!!!!!

WHEN EVERYBODY STARTS WRITING THEY WILL PICK A STYLE TO USE AS A BLUEPRINT FOR THEIR STYLE. RATHER IT'S 3D STYLE, AWR STYLE, AOK STYLE OR JUST THE CLASSIC NEW YORK STYLE.

I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THAT 3D STYLE, IT'S NOT MY THING. I RATHER SEE A NICE GHOST OR REAS PIECE. THE ONLY THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT THIS KID, IS HIS NAME. IT'S LIKE A NEW JACK WRITING LOOMIT OR SKEME.

Guest socrates

Joker from BA has better styles, helped invent scenes in two cities and has been around longer. He also is a really nice guy, sooo he wins.

seeking we both know either way what Joker BA has accomplished..

i just dont think pulling cards about peoples names is necessary.

that guy overseas will probably never be affected by our conversation..and keep doing 3-d piecesprobably because in europe it wasnt just some mid nineties fad.

and Joker BA will still be held in the highest regards (by those who appreciate it) for the things he has founded and done.

im not trying to start an argument. just to clear that up.

i just think all of us tugboats should get along

truely- bobby

Guest MRBURNS

seeking

u know what? your right..i do suck, i suck. i've never painted with anyone famous, i dont know anybody. i'm just an internet art school fag from the middle of nowhere, and joker is the king of the world..i dont know what i was thinking....p.s. can i have your autograph? u seem to be a lot cooler than me, and know a whole lot more about graffiti..maybe we can hang out?

Guest blancito

Re: Re: LOLZ

Originally posted by seeking

haha, i keep trying to write a reply, just so you'll respond again and make your self look even more toy, but i'm begining to both think its not possible, and am honestly starting to feel bad for you.

please, tell me more about the 'old days'... you know, all those times you keep reading about in books and on the internet. please, give us some insight as to the mindset of all of NY, you know, where it started... tell me what graffiti was like in 87... oh wait, thats right, you dont know. joker does, instead of talking shit you should ask him.

herb.

i dont know, maybe you do...but for what its worth; mr burns may be opinionated, but he is neither uninformed, a toy, or a new jack.

bobby,

you and i will always be on the same side, even if were rooting for other teams... the rest of the world will make sure of it.

:)

as far as mr. burnz goes, calling joker an artfag who uses illustrator to draw his pieces and gets no respect from NY, as well as the comments he's made about other topics would lead one to believe, that yes, he doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground. the fact that he tries to back up ignorance with claims of painting with 'famous' writers just proves it further... do you think anyone gives a shit who you or i paint with? if you say something, either admit it aint shit but opinion, or back it up with something. dont make incredibly inacurate comments about people and not expect to be called on it...

Guest MRBURNS

seeking

disregarding the joker thing completely..i just want to say, that i feel some people claiming to know a lot on this site, and be kings..and feel some gas coming off of some heads, and i have tried to level out a little gas in here...nothing more. my personal beef with scribble magazine on the other hand, has nothing to do with u either. maybe i have beef with someone and i felt like letting THEM know my oppinion without calling names, or acting like a thug, or dropping my friends names to get props. either way, u keep jumping down my throat and calling me a toy, and feel the need to tell everyone that i suck, when u dont have the slightest clue who i am.

maybe u shouldnt be so quick to judge people?? i dont know, just an idea. maybe

my being very oppinionated is for a reason, that is not "just to be an asshole" and piss people off.hey, maybe, i even know what i'm talking about.

i dont believe joker dnc bit his name from joker ihu both rep completely different countries and both have paid there dues the dnc guy is prolly one of the best writers in his country and has done alot for a graff scene which styles are still in development so both jokers have accomplished great things....give both of them a hand and call it a day....

Guest Rak Burns U All

Re: Re: joker

Originally posted by seeking

wow. you dont even deserve the reply im going to give you...

first of all, this joker is from mexico... second of all, clearly you've never seen a joker piece prior to 99, if you had, you'd know that he is much more than shapes and lines. secondly, technicly, joker could paint circles around this kid with his eyes closed and a pitt bull eating his right arm. thirdly, 3d is NOT hard to paint. maybe to some sucker ass no one like yourself, who's still impressed by that toy shit, but not to the rest of the world. fourth, joker is one of a handful of people in the history of graff, to actually change things. to break off with a new form that had never been done before. this kid is straight up biting the cheapest, most gimmicky style, a kings name, and then having the audacity to call his crew 'da next concept'? the next concept in what? stealing not one facet of your graff career, but stealing them all, throwing them into a bag, shaking it up and then spilling your regurgitated shit out onto a wall? no thanks, id rather look at grass grow. this played out block and space ship shit is dead. if you want to paint 3d, come with some new style. anyone that doesnt think 3d can be dope, go look up dephect, that kid fucking kills it and completely in his own way.

honestly, this 'hostility' isnt even towards this 'joker', its at morons like you who have no appreciation, no understanding, and no concept of what makes good graffiti 'good' and what makes a writer a 'legend'.

thank you, that will be all.

what the fuck do you know? I'm tired of you coming on here and talking to everybody like you know whats up. You suck. Your style is just as bitten as anyone else on here (O U I J A). So don't come down on other people like you're some king. Caus eyou ain't shit but some internet message board aministrator.

this is kinda gay......

first off Joker IHU BA is og.

Joker2 has skill, hes from Mexico not America..therefore the international line is drawn.

I bet Joker and Joker2 would probably have a way more intelligent conversation than 95% of what was typed on this topic regarding the fact that one writes a name the other wrote first and made a mark with.

Anyway, we are all on the same team. Joker2 should just write Joker2 so he doesnt have fools act like hes trynna sidebust Jokers name..my two cents..

and besides that...big ups to Mexican Graffiti.

really, we heard what everyone has to say bout his name. And i am as tired of seeing the same old 3-d shit as the next guy, i think if ur gonna do 3-d make it so its yours so when someone walks by a wall of yours they know just by looking at the style who's it is. But, seriously this guy is writing for himself not for a bunch of kids on the internet so why not let him do the 3-d block letter style if he wants.

Fuck that... You know how many fucking people with the nickname JOKER are in this world?

You know who the real Joker is? The gangbanger who catches one of these guys writing HIS name and decides to light someone else up. That's the real Joker.

Guest ArtvandaL

joker? I used to write joker... but then I realized that deep down inside I wasnt really a joker, I was more of a king, in my heart, I knew the truth, soul searching has led me to discover my true emotions, I was no joker, I was seldom in a joking mood...I was often sad, angry and depressed, drugs led me to these feelings, these feelings lead me to loneleyness, and not having anyone to joke with, so although the letters J O K E R are a great selection to tango with, there is to many people in the world who do already, and perhaps they are true jokers, perhaps they are mereley confused and lost, perhaps, perhaps...either of the reasoins,THAT NAME IS PLAYED THE MOTHERFUCK OUT!!

lets go out to the kitchen, lets go out to the kitchen, lets go out to the kiiiitchen..and have ourselves a snack, and have ourselves a snack, and have ourselves a snack-ahhh the days were simplicity and conformity were at their all time peak, before everything had to be so analyzed, detailed and ripped out its core cold heartedly to inspect suspect and did I say suspect? yes your honor, I plead guilty

Guest MRBURNS

HA!

*****??? huh??? its always the nobodys who think they know everything. hey ****, have u ever had a girlfriend before? or did u just settle for a computer and some graff magazines?

Originally posted by BizOne

Fuck that... You know how many fucking people with the nickname JOKER are in this world?

You know who the real Joker is? The gangbanger who catches one of these guys writing HIS name and decides to light someone else up. That's the real Joker.

I love Joker's stuff as much as everyone else, but this guy has a good point. I mean come on. Joker, Casper, Sleepy...

haha. watch out.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly... all this bickering over nothing. So dude can't stand what I do and thinks I'm unoriginal. Whoopdie-friggin-do. I'm not a king... never said I was. What I do doesn't have to be liked by everyone. Everyone doesn't need to know my history before they talk shit. It just doesn't matter. None of it matters. Do graffiti. Give it your best efforts. Fuck the haters and keep going. Screw this internet beefin' and get outside. Put in the work and make a name for yourself. Even if it's Joker. I don't fuckin' care what you write. Just write it well. Quit this high school name calling shit and do something interesting. Go line one of my pieces or do a throw-up over it. Lifes too short and hectic to be giving each other shit over opinions...

For the record... never used Illustrator for an outline I've painted.

As for Joker DNC, he'll evolve and look back and see his mistakes. Till then recognize his painting skills and let the name thing go.

Archived