joker

kodak

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seeking

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah, his style is about as original as his name...

he might as well be writing cope or daim or dondi...

hardly..

come on now... we know its lame to harp on some guy because they have the same name as another... ESPECIALLY.. when homeboy is doing his own thing.. which is not like joker ba ihu. and box with a t next to it for a logo ...

youre my friend and all but for real you get the gas face for hating on that.

-bobby bil boe baggins with a toothpick for a sword.

i guess it depends on how you look at graff...

in my opinion, there are a handful of names that to even consider writing, automaticaly makes you lame... joker is one of them. how many people have changed the face of graffiti as much as he did? i can count my list on one hand... the fact that his style is completely different just proves the point further. dude can obviously paint, youd think he'd get sick of saying "no, im not that joker.... its ok, most people dont know there's another one either, but... well, here i am"?

thats like starting a soft drink company and calling it coke, but having it taste like orange soda.

but again, thats just me...

Guest willy.wonka

i think the future of graff will be mostly 3d cause if you look at all these people and thier crews, they're all getting up on the 3d..like they all bite or teach each other..kinda sad.

i wonder what will be next......?

Guest Graff Jesus

bottom line: don't write other people's names. ESPECIALLY when that person is established.

the kid can paint and shit, so obviously he's been around for a little....but quit it already, the name's taken. at least make it a point to write joker2 or something...please.

Guest HELEX

I look at it like this!

Anybody who is coming off

clean and as sick as that,

has a few years of skill under their belt!

So therefore you could say i like it!

The name's taken by someone writing for 15+ years with an original style all their own. End of story. Pretty good 3D, though. It's painted nicely.

Guest platapie

its exicuted very well. even tho i dislike 3d its still doen well. but as for the whole name thing. yo ugotta give it to the ihu ba joker.

Guest CRone

whatever he is droppin some fresh ass shit, yeah he may have bit some legends name, but he is not biting his style.

look at what he is doing with the name, not the name itself.

I like it a lot.

Guest MRBURNS

BOTTOM LINE..the name is kinda played out, so it's up to u to decide who u like...personally, i see the way graphic design and all this art school stuff are influencing graff...i would personally rather see a nice tkid piece with some real style to it than all this 3d stuff...but in this case, this joker from europe is much more skilled than joker ihu. if i just wanted to see a bunch of shapes and lines, i would just check out the flash site of the day. on the other hand, this joker from europe, has some dope stuff going on...much respect to the people who are trying to do something different, but different isn't always good.

Originally posted by MRBURNS

BOTTOM LINE..the name is kinda played out, so it's up to u to decide who u like...personally, i see the way graphic design and all this art school stuff are influencing graff...i would personally rather see a nice tkid piece with some real style to it than all this 3d stuff...but in this case, this joker from europe is much more skilled than joker ihu. if i just wanted to see a bunch of shapes and lines, i would just check out the flash site of the day. on the other hand, this joker from europe, has some dope stuff going on...much respect to the people who are trying to do something different, but different isn't always good.

wow. you dont even deserve the reply im going to give you...

first of all, this joker is from mexico... second of all, clearly you've never seen a joker piece prior to 99, if you had, you'd know that he is much more than shapes and lines. secondly, technicly, joker could paint circles around this kid with his eyes closed and a pitt bull eating his right arm. thirdly, 3d is NOT hard to paint. maybe to some sucker ass no one like yourself, who's still impressed by that toy shit, but not to the rest of the world. fourth, joker is one of a handful of people in the history of graff, to actually change things. to break off with a new form that had never been done before. this kid is straight up biting the cheapest, most gimmicky style, a kings name, and then having the audacity to call his crew 'da next concept'? the next concept in what? stealing not one facet of your graff career, but stealing them all, throwing them into a bag, shaking it up and then spilling your regurgitated shit out onto a wall? no thanks, id rather look at grass grow. this played out block and space ship shit is dead. if you want to paint 3d, come with some new style. anyone that doesnt think 3d can be dope, go look up dephect, that kid fucking kills it and completely in his own way.

honestly, this 'hostility' isnt even towards this 'joker', its at morons like you who have no appreciation, no understanding, and no concept of what makes good graffiti 'good' and what makes a writer a 'legend'.

thank you, that will be all.

at some point, i vowed not to wiegh in on every little inconsequential 12oz. argument but. . oh well.

joker ihu should be left at peace with his style and name. if you call yourself joker at any point beyond your second toy throw-up you should expect to get hated on. just leave it alone. hey i thought trap was an original name too. . for about a week then i changed it when i realized that i was disgracing it every time i wrote it on curb or dumpster instead of on a clean ny subway.

as for this whole 3-d thing, i have to agree with some others on this post. i have the worst techinical skills of anyone i know, and i have attempted and somewhat succesfully executed a decent 3-d piece. you had better come up with some amazing shit if you are going to do 3d. i am so fucking sick of seeing 3-d shit i could fucking vomit.

this guy can obviously use a can of paint well so he should be able to transition into another name and, if he chooses, a 2-d style pretty easily. so please do it. for my sick stomach's sake.

Archived