hardcore or emo

Guest Dyptheria

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe I'm a nerd, but what the fuck is "emo?" Give me an example, please.

emo is a buzzword.

this is just going to open a can of worms and "emo" hating.

hopefully, after awhile, everyone will realize that theres shit that is "good" and shit that is "bad" and the really good bands arent out there claiming to be a "hardcore" band or "emo" band.....but then again, im no musician, so i dont know what im talking about. time to shutup.

Originally posted by Legal Speed

if you have songspy check out my list... user lyndsay23... ill be ripping most of my cd's up the next few weeks.

if you dont have it, i suggest you get it.

its songspy ..

already today ive put,

discordance axis, black army jacket, crossed out, assuck, spazz, melt banana, hellnation, quadiliacha, leftover crack, despise you.. etc..etc

get THEM before i delete THEM if you want THEM! i will be putting every cd i own on there sooner or later. user ~ "lyndsay23"

earth crisis. haha! i love them.

bands: hope conspiracy, shogun, american nightmare, bane, count me out, throwdown, hatebreed, living sacrifice, zao, bleeding through, stretch armstrong, racetraitor, avenged sevenfold, boy sets fire, death by stereo, shai hulud, xbattlegroundx, vision of disorder, walls of jericho, ten yard fight, converge, shutdown, death threat, blood for blood, and that shit.

hmmm if you want so listen to some good emo, just listen to someone bitching and crying about the air not being clean. If you want to listen to some good music, get some Straight Ahead, Bold, Krackdown, or Rest in Pieces.

you and I both like brutal hardcore, sir. check out these bands.

IRON LUNG- 2 man grind from reno, members of a buncha bands

ARTIMUS PYLE- crushing brutality from cali featuring robert of WHN?

BG- ex. brother inferior.. good fucking band.

LOW THREAT PROFILE- nothing out yet except for a comp track, but members of INFEST and NO COMMENT I beleive..

BLACK MASK- screamy hardcore ala charles bronson

SCUM BRIGADE- crusty swedish hardcore with dual male/female vocals.. good shit.

BURNED UP BLED DRY- older now defunct band who many people sleep on.. fucking brutality at its finest

BOMBS OF DEATH- again defunct.. wierd metallic hardcore (not earth crisis shit) featuring Max from spazz

TOTAL FURY- japanese fast hardcore in the vein of minor threat, but way more intense.

Y- one of my favorite bands, insane grindy hardcore from Germany, they will blow away anything.

TRAGEDY- members of HHIG, deathreat, the works.. easily one of the best bands out right now.. take HHIG and add more dark punishing riffs and such.. DO NOT sleep on this band.

BALANCE OF TERROR- members of deathreat.. vein of HHIG gone type shit.. good

THEY LIVE- brutal fastcore in the vein of infest, LP coming out on 625 records later in the year.. dual male vocals.. fucking good

DFA- riffy fastcore from northern canada. catchy and good.

dude, email me.. i'll make you a tape that will punish all..

heavensfall@aol.com

brutal for life.

Re: word

Originally posted by xdyingfetusx

://www.mp3.com/nehemiah[/url] mosh metal

Nehamiah is really good live...if your round the MN, or midwest area and you have a chance, check them out. Some other good minnesota hardcore bands are xDEVESTATORx, Rains Of Apathy, A Summary Execution, Martyr AD, Season of Fire. http://www.geocities.com/tchcj/ is a good site on some twin cities hardcore

Vader

Skinless

Agoraphobic Nose Bleed

Adamantium

Pig Destroyer

Brutal Truth

12v Negative Earth

100 Demons

Blister Agent

Cold Bringer

Dissolve

Devil May Care

Osiva

Torn Asunder

Killsport

Mastadon

Bone Crushing Violence

Burial Ground

Diecast

Dismember

Dodgin Bullter

Figure Four

Everytime I Die

Lamb of God

Overcast

Rykers

Sky Came Falling

Short of Breath

Sound of Riot

Strength for a Reason

This Day Foward

Traumaside

xDisciplex

xBattlegroundx

What Feeds the Fire

Backslap

Breakdown

Vitamin X

Project X

Youth Defense League

Nile

Malamor

The Locust

Mortician

Deicide

Atreyu

Thats just some of the good shit.

Guest CRYrock81

hmmm...i dont know if this helps but ill throw out a bunch of bands.....if you dont like em dont give me that inferior bullshit when im here tryin to help ya out...............................chimaira,botch,brandston,cadiria,converge,curl up and die,darwins waiting room,dredg,drowningman,every time i die,flickerstick,from autumn to ashes,glassjaw,i mother earth,injected,killswitch egage,mars volta,my dying bride,nora,shai hulud,spineshank,unearth,vent,zao,..................................................................................................................these were alphabetised on my computer.....hahaha i dont know if that helps....but if it does.....cool....peace

Guest Dyptheria
Originally posted by CRYrock81

hmmm...i dont know if this helps but ill throw out a bunch of bands.....if you dont like em dont give me that inferior bullshit when im here tryin to help ya out...............................chimaira,botch,brandston,cadiria,converge,curl up and die,darwins waiting room,dredg,drowningman,every time i die,flickerstick,from autumn to ashes,glassjaw,i mother earth,injected,killswitch egage,mars volta,my dying bride,nora,shai hulud,spineshank,unearth,vent,zao

thanks. those are the kinds of bands i'm looking for. the inferior comment was a joke, referring to someone who made a stupid joke.

Guest Dyptheria

yeah, i hate nu metal as well, thats why made this thread, so i don't waste time on crap. the bands in that list that i heard of i liked, but i've never heard chimaira or spineshank. good looking out. i won't bother.

xDyingfetusx

how the fuck do you know about allendale are you a 905er?I used to roll with some of those fellas good guys besides the fact they play emo.They broke up dude I guess it's for the best for them.

Some of you guys have shitty taste in core, but to each their own.

Originally posted by SkyDancer666

earth crisis. haha! i love them.

bands: hope conspiracy, shogun, american nightmare, bane, count me out, throwdown, hatebreed, living sacrifice, zao, bleeding through, stretch armstrong, racetraitor, avenged sevenfold, boy sets fire, death by stereo, shai hulud, xbattlegroundx, vision of disorder, walls of jericho, ten yard fight, converge, shutdown, death threat, blood for blood, and that shit.

You said it all.. I was gonna say them as well...... :D

m/

Guest ilikeskulls.

the lab rats,pg.99,darkest hour,the oath,sharp knife,dystrophy,nigel pepper cock,infestation of ass,death wish kids,down in flames,city of caterpiller,what happens next?(they've gone down hill so fucking much now though :( ) medication time,lana dagales,dystopia,godstomper,time for living,quest for quintana roo,catheter,romantic gorilla, nine shocks terror,yaphett kotto,melt banana,flash gordon,unit breed,over the top,hickey,abba...blah blah blah i could go for more then ever..

Guest CRYrock81
Originally posted by Dyptheria

thanks. those are the kinds of bands i'm looking for. the inferior comment was a joke, referring to someone who made a stupid joke.

no problem....spine shank and chimarra...im not really into...i seen them live..and they are good at wut they do....but i do not really feel them....thats more my brothers type shit.....peace

(These are all off of my comp)

Dropface

Facebreaker

Killsport

Stalemate

When Dreams Die

Unearth

Hate Eternal

Jungle Rot

Anal Cunt

28 Days

Agnostic Front

As Friends Rust

Ballpoint

Billy Club Sandwich

Chokehold

Comin Correct

Cromags

Crucified

Crumbsuckers

Floorpunch

F-Minus

H2O

Hands Tied

Judge

Madball

Maximum Penalty

No Redeeming Social Value

KRACKDOWN!!!

Rainhold

Redemption 87

REST IN PIECES!!!!

Sheer Terror

Shutdown

SICK OF IT ALL!!!

Side by Side

Straight Ahead

Throwdown

Trial

Warzone

Youth of Today

I listen to too much music i still have another folder that i dont feel like typing so ill do it some other time.

Archived