open panels...who's allowed to paint and who isnt?

Southern kid

DAM I GLAD I DONT HAVE 2 DEAL WITH THAT SHIT,,,not 2 many heads hiting steel my way and i like it like that........plus i do a lot of fr8 homework looking 4 new spots, more spots the better as 2 not blow up a spot,there for i have a lot of them.......all around me yea some are a hour away..but fuk it.....theres no writers in some of these citys witch is goooooooood........nice chill day spots.."none the wiser" cooooo....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldfaithful

i too have to drive distances to paint. the yard where i live is small and has a well placed tower and tons of lights(they can see you in the day and see the clouds of overspray at nite) , we get chased out everyother time. so for me doing homework and driving are a part fr8s by nature.

i saw somebody say something like gatekeeper....thats exactly how i feel the way i look at it if i didnt bring you personally or your not crew then stay the fuck out of my yard....these days especially i feel beatdowns are a neccesity...you give these motherfuckers an inch and they steal a yard you know....just kick them the fuck out at the beginning cuz ill tell ya you try to be nice at first and shit tell em to paint the other sides and shit like that next thing you know you got these muthafuckas trying to beat you to your own spot and be out before you get there.....words to people that still have chill spots cherrish that shit and dont let anybody in......woop ass, take paint take, cameras anything to make them not want to come back...

IF YOU WANT A TRAIN PAINT OVER WHAT EVERS THERE BUT BE READY TO PAY THE CONSIKWENCES IF THEY FIND OUT...I PAINT OVER EVERYONE I DONT LIKE.. IT DOES GET YOU LINED BUT I PAINT BIGG E NUFF THAT NO ONE USSAULLY CAPS ME. IM KING OF PANEL SNATCHING.. ASK HEAT AND APART.. FUCK TOYS DOING FR8S TOO.. HOACS LD

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sixteenvandals

i would have to say that whoever is willing to wait in the bushes and beat some ass is the one who gets the panel.

Funny, and thats the truth. I feel lucky that I started painting with folks that were already down and known to the point where even if we walked into a new yard with folks already there, we got respect. not to be a hater, but toy jacking keeps spots chill, just like how it was done in New york. You can say that fr8s wont get burnt like the subways...but thats only partially true. Yards within a 1 hour (driving) radius of you can get burnt by toys. The only chill yards will be the ones 300 miles away from civilization.

If XYZ is hatin on you, then person A hasnt paid his dues like you said he did. The best thing to do is find the main yard in that area and find another layup besides that 10 car one, or drive out a little to paint trains. Once you earn your respect and get seen rollin by XYZ, maybe they will have more respect te next time you step foot in the layup. Yards are very valuable to people that have been painting trains, I urge newcomers not to come out for their own safety...paint a wall or something. There's only one rule in fr8 painting, keep the yard chill at all costs.

...don't bite the hand that feeds you.

HEY SOUTHERN KID

i think in another thread you mentioned having a hard time getting a good atlas/gazette for your state

i know where to get them near me for all the states

if you want one

lemme know and i'll drop my email...

or get from, um, i think smart has it..

• 2 weeks later...

SHARE PANELS AND COLORS...COVER HATERS.

YOU DONT ALLWAYS HAVE TO PAINT THE FLICKABLE SIDE EITHER......

PAINT ALL KINDS OF CARS, YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED WHERE SOME END UP...

ITS HARD TO PAINT ALL OF HOUSTONS TRAINS ANYWAY...

NEXT HASENT DONE IT.....YET.

Guest TrustEvil

...you're gonna cross someone out who sidebusts you ? why, because they will more than likely embarass you and your pathetic excuse for a piece ? go back and read some of the previous posts...YOU DON'T OWN THE FUCKING TRAINS CHUMP, SO YOU CAN'T CLAIM SHIT....unless that is you have a permission slip signed by the railroad company and your mommy.

this is my take on this situation...

if you can hold your shit down, and do something halfway decent, by all means make use of the available space. people should be able to tell that you didnt do the train at the same time as the other person. certain cars are valuable, and if you dont take that space, someone else may very well. and they might not even belong on the train cause they couldnt hang. some amount of discretion is necessary, use your heads people.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

...you're gonna cross someone out who sidebusts you ? why, because they will more than likely embarass you and your pathetic excuse for a piece ? go back and read some of the previous posts...YOU DON'T OWN THE FUCKING TRAINS CHUMP, SO YOU CAN'T CLAIM SHIT....unless that is you have a permission slip signed by the railroad company and your mommy.

no ones going to embarras me, in fact, they should be embarassed for trying to catch fame off of my train. fuck sidebusters, the end.

catching fame off your trains?

dont flatter yourself dude.

no one is falling for that shit anymore. anyone with half a brain, and half a heart in this, judges pieces on their own merrits. when the panels are flic'd, who's on the other side of the door cant save you.

and what do i know about trains? i know that i was painting them before you were tagging dumpsters... you get respect for the work you've put in, but you get the bozak for this self important attitude...

Originally posted by seeking

no one is falling for that shit anymore. anyone with half a brain, and half a heart in this, judges pieces on their own merrits. when the panels are flic'd, who's on the other side of the door cant save you.

and what do i know about trains? i know that i was painting them before you were tagging dumpsters... you get respect for the work you've put in, but you get the bozak for this self important attitude...

how am i flattering myself? its true right? thats the intention of a sidebust, to look like you painted with whoever had it first?

and excuse me for not ever seeing you up on a line, NOT EVER ONCE! had i known you were "painting trains before i was even tagging dumpsters", i would not have asked you what you knew.

Originally posted by seeking

uh.....not the right thing to say...i really hope your joking or trying to catch his goat...with the dumpsters shit you gotta be...and self impt...he has the right, he is one of the all time kings of trains...ask anyone (hater or some one who dont even like his style, HE IS A KING ON FREIGHTS...im suprised and im not....

i know who he is, i know how much work he's put in, and i said that i had respect for that. but i dont give a shit who you are, or how many trains you have, dissing someone for no other reason than because they painted an open panel, is some egotistical bullshit.

the dumpster line was for comedic value. he asked what i knew about trains... i know i painted my first train in 94, which, im pretty sure, was years before he started writing. i didnt fall out of an apple tree, into graffiti, last week...

as i said before, dude put in work. ive always mainted that he was one of the few writers from his crew that i liked, but liking your work, and respecting how you handle yourself are two seperate things.

graffiti is EGOS no matter which way you slice it...so is alot of shit in life..but to be as bold as to say he did not do graff or trains even in 94 is comical...shit nbk was around 94 let alone adikts....94 is far from a long time ago...it just sounded condescending to say you were writing before such a established freight head, like youve done it all or done so much more then him....at least thats how i took it...no harm no foul, i was given the heads up to some funny shit that was said

haha, that train is gonna haunt me forever. i paint 3 good pieces that day, and thats the one piece everyone brings up... haha.

hey man, no excuses, that shit was scrap-can garbage, whatever. ive painted some bullshit, never said i hadn't... but, i had fun, and isnt that what its about?

ive never seen nor heard of anyone i know ever painting a train in hopes of making it seem as if they painted it with someone else. if someone matched your colors, put it right next to yours, fine thats wack, but if there is a good panel, and its open, its gettign painted, i dont care who is on the other side, good or bad. its not because im trying to ride someones fame, its because its a good panel, on a good car, end of story. infact, if anything, i wouldnt paint it, just so i would never have to listen to someone whine about it.

whatever man, im not trying to get into some personal battle of numbers or years, that shit is stupid. youve clearly got more freights than me, but that was never the issue.

alright this is the way i look at it......i go backin forth on this issue all the time.....iv gone over people quite a few times becuz they sidebusted me.....i know i would deffinately rather get sidebusted on a train then a spot though....i think as long as you are established and your not doing some corny shit.its alright....you can usually tell if somebody is trying to catch fame off you.....those fools will catch the vaperz 9 times outta 10...

shit is pretty blown up these days and i know sometimes there aren't any open panels....i know some yards where your shit will roll in but if your not established or do some respectable shit...your not rolling out....

like the other day the only paintable freight had a heat on the beer bar side of the freight.....now i know for a a fact me and the homie were deffinately not trying to look like we painted w/ ol buy...in fact i wrote something like sidebustin heat.....so i think what it all comes down to is if your a toy or nobody has ever heard of you u probally dont wanna be doing opposite panels of people w/ clout cuz your most likely gonna get dissed...if you got your own fame and your not like trying to squeeze on a panel or something your probally gonna be alright........toys stay off my freights though cuz u will definately get gone over....if you do it respectably and your not corny you will ride....thats my two cents

sidebusting

you morons are taking this shit way too serious. im far from fresh, up or established, but i would do a thro up on a clean pannel next to seen if its is all i could get at the time. i could care less if the guy on the other pannel is "established" or not. if he aint there to stop while i paint then the pannel is mine-thats a fucken no brainer.

bottom line, open pannels=open season

Re: sidebusting

Originally posted by ZedIsDed

you morons are taking this shit way too serious. im far from fresh, up or established, but i would do a thro up on a clean pannel next to seen if its is all i could get at the time. i could care less if the guy on the other pannel is "established" or not. if he aint there to stop while i paint then the pannel is mine-thats a fucken no brainer.

bottom line, open pannels=open season

AMEN

Archived