drug-free?

Guest xgoldfrontsx

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by AeRoSoL JuNkiE

I think it's fine if you used to be mad fucked up doing coke and shit then got clean and say your straightedge because that's an accomplishment. but its fuckin stupid if you've never done drugs before and you say your sXe.

i would tend to agree most of the time. however, i know kids who claim straight edge that lost their brother/father/mother/friend/whatever to drugs/alcohol and swore they would never follow the same path. i have no problem with those kids at all.

kids that go and claim and have never expiremented, some of them are weak (just like many who have tried and claimed) and break it sooner.

i dono, its different for every kid out there. some of its to get mommy off your back, for popularity and scene points, or because it means the world to you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LIFEXEDGE...HATEXEDGE

I think it's fine if you used to be mad fucked up doing coke and shit then got clean and say your straightedge because that's an accomplishment. but its fuckin stupid if you've never done drugs before and you say your sXe.

i am either going to get really pissed or really arrogant about this one. i am sxe in fact i am basically fucking lifeedge. i had a sip of alcohol when i was nine and a drag of a cigarette when i was nine. i consider both of these before i could make informed rational decisions on my life, considering they were offered to me by mentors/family members. by the time i could decide right for wrong on my own i have been edge. i will always be edge. i am a fucking weakling for clinging to my edge so hard, but those who know me know that without it i would literally be dead. i am pretty damn close to that on a regular basis, but i really would be dead if it wasn't for the edge. yes, it would probably be easier in my 24 years of life to have backed down a bit, calmed down and smoked a j, or drank some hard liquor so the fights wouldnt have hurt as much but i didnt. and it has kept me strong and alive, barely.

things are alot different from when i was xjobejihadx and a fourteen yr old militant sxe kid. things have been looped around my neck and pulled as tight as they can get. my militant views have been tested time and time again in every case from my family to my love. i do not think my militancy is wrong, i think it shows a higher level of care than most are willing to acknowledge, but thats my spear to sit on and not theirs. if they never understand how much i desire them to live clean and pure because that is the ONLY way to fully live i will at least be at home with the fact that i showed them so maybe they'll get it right next time.

i believe society has gone to long lengths to keep us down, poisoned, drunk and stupid, so i honestly no longer blame people unless i have seen them strong and watch them fall. case in point, the name on my neck... when shit got bad i found my monster to deal with i fucked with myself within the confines of a sxe lifestyle, and almost died because of it... she dealt with her demons and is more alive than i will ever be. i get physically ill thinking about her drunk, but i know that she only extends me hope and chances because of what she had to go through. who is more right? these are things i get into with myself on a regular basis.

i didnt mean this to be a confessional booth. i meant it to prove several points. being sxe has kept me alive and almost killed me. being sxe has taught me to love and hate (and since they are the same emotion then it has taught me everything i am, and everything i know). being sxe has taught me tolerance and intolerance. it has brought me to a political viewpoint i could not be more happy with. it has kept me up long nites and taught me to paint what i really feel. being sxe has ruined me and built me up. being sxe is who i am and who i will never be. it is a life of fucking duality, and i chose the x.

i am still hatexedge i am still lifexedge these things will never ever change. because i hate the people who are close to me who arent pure (read the last set of parentheses). and i will never ever poison myself with the hired powers attempts to keep my mind tethered.

*** on a side note... i started taking a chemical into my body, 9 days ago. sertraline hydrochloride. it took me a really long time to realize and weigh out the potentials of taking an antidepressant versus my past lifestyle. i came to the final conclusion that my head, when it gets really low and in a fucking glass window, that this is not normal, and that what i have dealt with and how i have dealt with it for my entire life will not change because i have a chemical imbalance. so in an attempt to make a conscious change towards living a few more years for the sake of other people... i took my little zolofts, and all i do is shake and feel nauseous i am still beyond suicidal, living somewhere between life and death, but i am also still sxe in my mind. i no longer look at antidepressants as a band-aid tho i am not fully convinced that this one will work for me. i guess it is one example of how un-hopeless i really am.

xjobetothegravex

chaosxcrew

sem.xforeverfamiliax

wow what an interesting conversation, talking about the drugs you arent doing.

im so sick of this straightedge b.s. how about you be YOURSELF EDGE or something.

fuck being one of them, go join the army or something.

Guest railroadjerk

hey jobe get on instant messenger. this was fr8lover the kid who had a lot in common with ya.

peace.

i was gonna try and make a funny comment and irritate all you militant sxe from behind the saftey of a computer screen, but I respect what Boxcarwilly stated.

so in return ill voice my opinion.

Life does not merit enough value in my eyes to prohibit myself from intaking mind altering substances. I am exposed to countless poisons on a daily basis that I have no control over so I have no qaulms in adding in some more. I respect people that are sxe and expect the same in return.

boxcar......whatever you need to do to get by i guess.....if your taking antidepressants for serious problems and theyre helping at all (i think remember reading some unfortunate stuff about you....i may be wrong... but whatever...) they by all means, do that....and as far as sXe being something you need to be alive. good for you. for real. it's one of the few things in my life that i'm proud of when it comes up and whatnot. i cant really say i'm militant about it or anything....but whatever. run with what you got and get better i guess. if you wish to get at me on aim or something its: sXeAtheDriveIn

that sXeTerrorist site is fucking hilarious....my friend wants to get down with them soooooooooo bad...ha

/

yeah dude...its nuts..i read in newsweek once these kids like in utah that did start up a gang and woul go around beating the shit out of people that did drugs drank, fucked...now thats just wrong! even if they didnt lay the beat down all the time..they tried...crazy dude..

Originally posted by yoink

/

yeah dude...its nuts..i read in newsweek once these kids like in utah that did start up a gang and woul go around beating the shit out of people that did drugs drank, fucked...now thats just wrong! even if they didnt lay the beat down all the time..they tried...crazy dude..

aahahahhahahhaha i would pay to see some skinny dorky hardcore kids try and run up on my drunken friends.

Originally posted by yoink

/

i was out in SLC for a large portion of that. when the monster crew kids were stabbing dealers, and the mcdonalds were getting blown up, i was there to witness the FBI investigations, the raids and the subsequent arrests. the sad and scary thing is that was militancy taken out of context. it went the wrong way. i personally do not see a problem in blowing up a mcd's or a busch manufacturing plant, but to take it to a personal level will NEVER accomplish anything.

as for those who dont think those skinny dorky hardcore kids were taking it home. Monster crew never lost a fight against the other side. NEVER. the only side they lost to was the law, and to themselves, i think out of all those kids 5 are still holding their edge up.

aim:xshaunxcoffinx

THIS ENTIRE STRAIGHT EDGE CULTURE IS DEFINATELY A GREAT, HEALTHY THING. WHAT GETS ME THOUGH ARE THESE GUYS RUNNING AROUND IMPOSING THEIR AGENDA ON PEOPLE. WHAT GIVES THEM THAT FUCKIN' RIGHT? ONE OF MY BUDDIES SAID WHEN HE WAS IN UTAH A GROUP SXE'ERS WALKED UP ON HIM AND ONE OTHER SKINHEAD. THEY GOT IN A FIGHT AND HE SAID WHILE THEY HAD GUTS THEY COULDN'T FIGHT WORTH SHIT. A GOOD NUMBER OF THOSE SXE'ERS IN UTAH MIGHT AS WELL GO INTO THE CULTURE SINCE ITS NOT ALLOWED IN MORMON CULTURE. FUCK IT, I HATE THINGS DESIGNATED AS TRUE DRUGS AND IF IT WASNT FOR CAFFINE AND BEER I'D BE UP IN THAT LIFESTYLE (JUST NOT PART OF THE CULTURE).

Guest STONER DBM

they never lost a fight to the other side cuz they were fighting a bunch of other ducks from utah...i'd like to see any sxe gangstaz try and stab the dealers on my block...hahaha...that's a funny joke...DrugzBitchezMoney.NewBedfordCity...livin the life

ive just started hearing about this straightedge type stuff(probably because the obscurity of where i live) and i think yeh its a good idea to keep ur self clean from anything that harms your body and your mindstate but still its your own descision.i personally have a drink or smoke some weed to relax or to escape reality when things get too much but thats my way of dealing with life.

to each his own...

Saying your straight edge all the time is pretty retarded anyway...

There is NO Straight Edge some of the time. You can't be "Straight Edge" on Wednesday and then on Friday decide to drink a beer and go back to being edge of Sunday.

Also, there is a difference (a huge one to me) between being "Straight Edge" and "drug free." They are two seperate things.

For life actually means FOR LIFE to some people.

xXx

Guest xgoldfrontsx

Basically I believe that kids should wait till there 21 to ascribe the label of straight edge onto themselves. I know that's not all that realistic, but, I think that once your of "legal" age to drink and you've gone through a bunch of shite up until then, just don't ascribe to that label. I've seen so many people that have been sXe from 15 up until they turn like 20, then they start drinking, or smoking, or whatever. What I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter, but don't pin yourself into an identity until you KNOW that it's what you ARE. That goes for all things too, not just being sXe. I've benn sXe/drug-free since '93, and I still am not completely sure that I want to define myself by saying that I'm sXe. Sometimes I feel really good about the label and everything that goes with it, and other times I see and hear so many things that make me hate what straight edge (the philosophy) has become. There are SO many people out there that ruin things (beliefs, feelings, ideas, etc) for everyone, that it's important to know where you stand on an ideal. I feel right now, this instant that I would be happy being drug-free for the remainder of my life (or at least the next few years :)) Anyway...I ramble. Think what you want, just learn about everything you believe in.

P.S. Straight Edge is just a foundation. Build off of it. There's so much out there and we have yet to scratch the surface. Just be true to yourself. Learn, learn, learn. It's what life's about.

Originally posted by xgoldfrontsx

Basically I believe that kids should wait till there 21 to ascribe the label of straight edge onto themselves. I know that's not all that realistic, but, I think that once your of "legal" age to drink and you've gone through a bunch of shite up until then, just don't ascribe to that label. I've seen so many people that have been sXe from 15 up until they turn like 20, then they start drinking, or smoking, or whatever. What I'm trying to say is that it really doesn't matter, but don't pin yourself into an identity until you KNOW that it's what you ARE. That goes for all things too, not just being sXe. I've benn sXe/drug-free since '93, and I still am not completely sure that I want to define myself by saying that I'm sXe. Sometimes I feel really good about the label and everything that goes with it, and other times I see and hear so many things that make me hate what straight edge (the philosophy) has become. There are SO many people out there that ruin things (beliefs, feelings, ideas, etc) for everyone, that it's important to know where you stand on an ideal. I feel right now, this instant that I would be happy being drug-free for the remainder of my life (or at least the next few years :)) Anyway...I ramble. Think what you want, just learn about everything you believe in.

P.S. Straight Edge is just a foundation. Build off of it. There's so much out there and we have yet to scratch the surface. Just be true to yourself. Learn, learn, learn. It's what life's about.

AMEN

If aren't straight edge now then you never were!

I've never made a friend over being edge, I've never felt apart of anything why????????THEIRS NOTHING TO BE APART OFF it's not like their meetings and a secret hand shake.I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't go back to the bottle and that promise would be set in stone for the rest of my life. I'm sure I could have just went cold turkey but how many times did we all say we were never drinking again but the next night were out throughing down????????I ment it that morning I really did.I looked in the mirror that day and I didn't even see myself and I had to stop.

I love how people assume were out trying to save lifes like I give a flying fuck if you drink really I don't care.People always bring up shit like Monster crew and hardline kids yadda yadda thats like the smallest percentile of Straight Edge the rest could give a fuck if your drunk.The only way I'd smack some one out over sXe is if they didn't respect my chocie not to partake in what ever.I also love the fags that come with sXe so many 15 year old tools and so many sell out assholes with big mouths that give people like me a bad name.I never did this shit for you.

You never did what? Labeled yourself so others can identify you with a movement that has constantly contradicted itself?

Yeah, word.

And if its not a movement, which it is, you could never make a statement like "I never did this shit for you." What is this ?

still dedicated

Everyone has their own meaning for the Straight Edge.

It contradicts itself only to those who aren't true. That is the deciding factor on what Straight Edge means. It contradicts itself because of kids who got into it for the wrong reasons.....blah

With or without the label, I'd still be drug free.

Originally posted by donniefrisco

You never did what? Labeled yourself so others can identify you with a movement that has constantly contradicted itself?

Yeah, word.

And if its not a movement, which it is, you could never make a statement like "I never did this shit for you." What is this ?

no slugger I never stopped drinking to be cool with a bunch of windbag scenesters that break after 8 months I stopped so I wouldnt be another number another member of my family that dieds due to alcohol abuse.Yes I can say I never did this shit FOR YOU or guys like you that try to throw a monkey wrench in my machine.

get off my life choices

Re: still dedicated

Originally posted by A Fire Inside

Everyone has their own meaning for the Straight Edge.

It contradicts itself only to those who aren't true. That is the deciding factor on what Straight Edge means. It contradicts itself because of kids who got into it for the wrong reasons.....blah

With or without the label, I'd still be drug free.

Word, and I too am "Drug Free".

But what i ment by contradicting itself is simple to see. It has nothing to do with kids being true or false.

Its has to do with a "positive" scene that is negative.

We are all entitled to make our own interpretations of things, but Straightedge is a movement with a set of meanings. Straight Edge = something more than drug free. I been around, I do know. I've seen some of the greatest SXE bands ever. Maybe the ideals have changed, but in my time it was about positive youth ( anti-labels, ie. Black, white, mexican, girl / boy, gay / straight, it didnt matter. It was the common bond for a positive change which fueled, or supposedly fueled the movement.) But in reality it was real a bunch of unhappy people, " Screaming for change"... Screaming = negative.

Bands I was fortunate to see live, and these years where truely great years in my life.

Gorilla Buscuits, start today tour, Reseda country club.

Insteds last show at spanky's cafe

Youth of today at fenders

bad brains at country club

Inside Out at Toe Jams in Longbeach

Outspoken at Toe Jams

Burn at Toe Jams

bands like Mean Season, Unbroken, Undertow out in riverside and in Hollywood

And a bunch others.

Whatever. Be safe, have fun.

Originally posted by Frate Raper

no slugger I never stopped drinking to be cool with a bunch of windbag scenesters that break after 8 months I stopped so I wouldnt be another number another member of my family that dieds due to alcohol abuse.Yes I can say I never did this shit FOR YOU or guys like you that try to throw a monkey wrench in my machine.

get off my life choices

What choices am I on? Say what you must, but to me you're a prefect example of someone playing this game. Play on Label Whore, say some shit that makes some sense or put on your headphones and cry about not having a girlfriend.

If you are straightedge, fine thats cool. I know alot of straightedge kids that dont try to push it on people, they made a choice and they live the life. And they dont make you feel stupid for doing drugs or getting drunk in front of them. But the kids who are pushing their straightedge propaganda all over you and try to make you feel like shit because you enjoy getting drunk, and doing drugs are just stupid. Just a bunch of people that want to be a part of something, to make themselves feel like they belong.

Archived