INSIDES!!! PLEASE!!!

tahs

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Lina

(By the way, I will try to go tag-hunting in the subway tomorrow or early next week. I will post all the good flicks here or in a new thread.)

Post them here! Keep this thread alive. I will do the same in the next week or so.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by crazeeb0b

(...)

I was thinking of doing some Fuck CCTV stickers to cover the lens with.

The problem in Stockholm (and I think it will be your problem soon, too) is that there are so many cameras. I've heard that there are two on each side of the displays that show the name of the next station, and someone also said that there are cameras hidden behind ventilation grates near the ceiling. I think the system is designed so that you can see the same spot from as many cameras as possible, so it'll be hard to disable.

But by all means, sticker those suckers! :D

Also, I think the cameras shoot 1 frame/s, but that's usually enough to identify someone.

Which can be a good thing, since they use the tapes to identify rapists and robberers and other kinds of assorted scum, too. They aren't specifically designed to catch us writers, you know. ;)

Edit: spelling! I'm from Sweden, remember? :P

Guest catwash
Originally posted by Lina

I've heard that there are two on each side of the displays that show the name of the next station, and someone also said that there are cameras hidden behind ventilation grates near the ceiling. I think the system is designed so that you can see the same spot from as many cameras as possible

exactly the same on my line, we had new rolling stock introduced maybe 6 months ago - 2 cameras each end of the carriage hidden in amongst the 'next stop' display. not sure of the quality or anything but it's another headache when you're trying to get up...

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by crazeeb0b

^^^^^

That is how it is going in the UK, all the new trains coming out have cameras in them. I was going to check all the trainspotter sites to find out the details of the cameras. Surely the most they must do is a frame a second, to be able to film for a whole day. Some of the cameras on buses in London run on a loop, so record str8 over the previously recorded stuff. The driver will stop the tape if he sees someone doing something. If he doesn't spot you, it will just be recorded over. I was thinking of doing some Fuck CCTV stickers to cover the lens with.

in melbourne on the connex trains there are 4 camera's visable, it still gets bombed, if the drivers see you they might lock the carriage, easy to kick out windows if you can run away from the station. if you do it with something to cover your face, then their gonna have trouble recognising you.

My second day in London this time 'round I spent the whole afternoon riding around the suburbs, Kent, etc. scouting country spots. The whole afternoon, loudspeakers were saying "The 1523 to London Bridge is cancelled...Connex apologizes for any inconvenience"... you all know the nonsense. I thought I was immune, until I stooped off at Denmark Hill and had to wait there for like 40 minutes for the next inbound train.

As soon as I got inside I took out my etch and did a bunch of tags that said CONNEX... LATE AGAIN. It wasn't until I got off at Blackfriars that I noticed the camera looking right at me. Good thing I was wearing a hat and dark glasses...

Anyway, this ain't exactly an inside, but I have been looking for somewhere to post this classic shit for a while... From subwayoutlawz.com Such an influential writer...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00223095f00000001.jpg'>

here in rome the insides are pretty nice, not too many but theyre getting hammered again after the yearly buff. theres no cameras and a lazy ass buff squad, elk has the insides on lock at the moment, you can see where the buffers tried to remove the staining ink and couldnt and just said fuck it and left the rest of them. if you have staining ink here itll last, a bit faded but its there for good. and if you happen to have etch theres no way its going anywhere.

but back home they introduced a few new trains on the line really nice ones from germany. forget the company... but no cameras on them.

• 1 month later...

Archived