Any of u into this

UndergroundEssentials

Well for awhile i listened to ur typical underground hip hop like chino xl, benefit, swollen members, mos def, talib, dilated, etc.(note most of those arent underground but im to lazy to type others)......After awhile that shit gets boring so i moved on to Necro whos a god in my book.....But lately ive been gettin into extremely wierd shit from northern cali and a lil from the south like Andre Nickatina, Smoov E, Killa Tay, Lunasicc, mac mall, dre dog, kingpin skinny pimp, etc.....and i was just wondering if any one on this board listens to that since ive never met any one around here(somewhere on the east coast)whos ever heard of these heads.........:D :D :D :D

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

lotsa legends

i'm into living legends (tho many of them have jumped on the i got money wagon)

aesop rock is fuckin ill (legends affili)

slug - kills it

the cawz (fresh emcees!)

dead beats (dope beats)

atmosphere

...i'm more into rock than hip hop, but the undergrond is a fun place to be...

Re: lotsa legends

Originally posted by nocalfr8tr

i'm into living legends (tho many of them have jumped on the i got money wagon)

aesop rock is fuckin ill (legends affili)

slug - kills it

the cawz (fresh emcees!)

dead beats (dope beats)

atmosphere

...i'm more into rock than hip hop, but the undergrond is a fun place to be...

atmosphere/slug...slug is in atmosphere bill. spawn is the disk jockey.

molemen are always nice to listen to when you wanna hear some tight beats and lyrics...prime usually has somthin to say..plus his punch lines make me laugh..i dunno why so many people hate on him...panik alway lays down some tight beats....vakill is juss plain dope and so is the rest of there crew

atmosphere is somthing i listen to when im in need of somthing a little deeper

some old school krs one is always good especially the battle between him and mc shan thats a classic

aesop rock reminds me off slug alot for some reason.....but i still like em both

typical cats rip it up on the mic

and who can forget rakim....one of the dopest emcees ever to touch a mic

and then i got a bunch of recorded tapes of some weird hip hop...it kinda sounds like they are reading poetry to a beat but kinda in a mono tone voice...but the lyrics always havce some weird twist to em that you wouldnt think of

I haven't heard of the stuff you mentioned, but i too got bored with "underground" hip-hop. If you want avant-gaurd, look for Dose One's Slow Death album. Crazy good astract spoken word. Also, he has one with Boom Bip that is good, too. Clouddead, odd nosdam, why?, pedestrian, well fuck, the whole Anticon crew is just good. Some good stuf on the Ropeladder compilations. Atmosphere, Sage Francis, Aesop Rock and the first Company Flow, Buck 65, Sixtoo, Sebutones are all good.

All in all , this stuff is on the more poetic, avant-gaurd, art-fag tip, but it is all worth checking!!!

Dose over Necro anyday, sorry.

Re: Re: lotsa legends

Originally posted by graffsurgeon

atmosphere/slug...slug is in atmosphere bill. spawn is the disk jockey.

actually, spawn was the other rapper. after "overcast!" he dropped from the group and became 'reks the heavyweight'. ANT is the other member in atmosphere and he makes the beats and doesnt leave his house, thats why slug usually has a different DJ when he tours.

atmosphere is the shit

so is:

aesop rock

eyedea

brother ali

cannibal ox

sage francis

hiero

shit, theres a lot more i listen to but its too hard to think on codene.

hmmm

heiro (mostly old material)

old blackmoon

old atmosphere and slug headshots

dynospectrum was some cool shit

akrobatik

breez evahflowin

breezely brewin and the rest of juggaknots

there's too much shit

dont hate on the MJ's cause they making dollar, sooner or later they are gonna have nothin else to rap about but money because that's all they've been experiencing....shit

i hope they have platinum bracelets in 2 years

speakin of atmosphere, if anyone can help me find the version of "Clay" that you hear @ the beginning of "Dungeons and Dragons" off of Slug's Headshot tape, i'd be thankful

Archived