Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

weird stuff you find on the tracks

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by FR8 LIFE, Dec 2, 2001.

1. FR8 LIFE

FR8 LIFE Member

while walking down the tracks today i look over along the tracks and theres a coupler just laying there then about 5 min later i see a huge wrench it must have weighed 50 or 60 pounds i guess it was for working on trains and right next to the wrench there was 4 books from the Milwaukee railroad on parts of trains there like 50 pages about working on trains it was weird because trains go real fast through there they never are going slow or stop and theres like tress and bushes on each side, i wonder how this stuff got there.. i have found other stuff in the like shoes and clothes.. oh yeah i found a BNSF hard hat once.. share any weird stuff you have found along the tracks

2. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

i found a FRED next to the tracks. it looked like it had been there for a while. i'm not sure if thats a common find or not though.btw there has already been atleast 1 other thread on this.

3. Ski Mask

Ski Mask 12oz Loyalist

found somthing the other day that kind of spooked me out. I tripped over this binder with a big thick manual for some kind of "self contained breathing apparatus" with a generic company name and some long product number next to it. the cover had a picture of a guy wearing the device, with a huge face mask and all kinds of hoses and a big tank strapped to his back. Probably fell out of one of the MOW cars that they have stored there to be scrapped....

4. BIG T

BIG T Member

got me a pair of those safty glasses the workers wear the other day, and one of those bright orange vests.... soon i be able to run up in any yard dressed like a worker....... and for free too!:D :D :D

5. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

cp rail hard hat
    a bunch of lockers like ya know gym lockers.
    a few cases of the blue water that happened to go missing as well as a case of crackers. if you dont know about blue water youre sleeping.

6. fr8lover

fr8lover Guest

tons and tons of waterbottles! my old layup was the trashiest place because apparently while they were switching cars, they throw their trash bags out...full of old timetables and printouts, water bottles full of sunflower seed shells and chew, its disgusting...

7. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Re: weird stuff you kind on the tracks

No mystery here. Those knuckle couplers break off once in a while. They weigh about 80 lbs. One must have broken off, they stopped the train, got out the tools and the manuals, and put the new one on. Then in their hurry to leave they left the other stuff behind (or, that wrench and those manuals were the ones that proved useless among those that were tried, so they left them behind).

8. FR8 LIFE

FR8 LIFE Member

Re: Re: weird stuff you kind on the tracks

YEAH THETAS WHAT I THOUGHT BUT I FOUND THE BIG WRENCH AND MANUALS AFTER ABOUT 5 OR 10 MINUETS OF FINDING THE COUPLER SO I GUESS SOME ONE PROBABLE MOVED THE STUFF FROM THE ORIGINAL LOCATION.. THAT WOULD BE COOL TO SEE A TRAIN GOING ABOUT 30 MPH AND HAVE A COUPLER SNAP OFF

;)

9. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

i had a lengthy stand off with a skunk the other day....other than that just typical bum stuff....sometimes i wonder why it was brought down there (a record player???) but thats it, mostly garbage....

10. CelfOneAlphatects

CelfOneAlphatects Junior Member

dogs

Painting today... I went in some THORN bushes to grab an old bucket to stand on and there was a dead dog with its face all smashed in right by the bucket. And one time I found my gloves that I lost the night before when I went back for pictures.

11. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Re: Re: Re: weird stuff you kind on the tracks

If by "5 or 10 minutes" you mean "much further down the tracks", that's no mystery either. The train would still take a long time to stop after the incident, so the repair could have been done quite a ways away from where the knuckle dropped.
    I don't know if it would happen at 30mph. I was under the impression that couplers more commonly snap during humping operations. Of course, there's always the various shocks associated with slack action when the train changes speed, so it's possible.

12. NEW2FR8s

NEW2FR8s New Jack

While i was walking the tracks in search of layups i kept seeing grocery carts and tires and shit, now i know this is not umcommon shit on the tracks but it was like 30 minutes downt he tracks, who would carrie that shit that far? but i always find those little juice bottles and i found a box of orange rusto cans of to the side were they were doin construction. it was a box of 6 full cans of caution orange, it was great. and i found a box car, i was walking the tracks and out of no were way back in the middle of some woods theres this box car, only one and theres no layups around there, why would it just be setting there, its been on there for like a week now, if its there two much longer ima paint it, it has a chisme piece on one side already. later CLUEone

13. oilcanloyd

oilcanloyd Guest

I find alot of worker gloves and water bottles, but I've also found thing's like lantern's, knives, cases of sticker paper, and the best thing I've seen I just discovered about a month ago...I was walking down the track's (alot further down than usual because I had nothing at all to do that day) and as I'm going I see this little, blue, thing sticking out of the ground.Now I'm thinking that it's a like an indicator for an electrical, wire or something, but then why is it so close to the track?As I got closer I saw that it was a wooden headstone that said ...
    R.I.P.
    BIG BLUE
    "things wont be the same you" and it had a big CONRAIL logo on it.I thought that was pretty cool, and thought about taking it home, but then I decided that it's better to leave it there if some worker took time to make this thing and place it down the track's as some kind of memorial for CONRAIL Kind of brought a tear to my eye.........."but then i found some glass bottles to throw rock's at and that pussy cryin feelin went away"-late

14. sectorTVA

sectorTVA Senior Member

refrigerator, pile of rusting washer and dryer parts, old ass type writer from the good ol days....the workers tell me that the fridge is from some dumbass punks (toys no doubt) breaking into the boxcars and pulling out the cargo...the pile of rusting washer and dryer parts from a derailment a while back...the yard here serves a manufacturer of fridges, washers and dryers.....i seen alot of racoons in the woods by the yard too....

15. kaesthebluntedwonder

kaesthebluntedwonder Elite Member

little mounds of sugar in the middle of some tracks...at first i thought it was snow or ice because it's as hard as ice it's so compressed.
    but then i saw some bees on it and remembered it was way too warm for there to be snow or ice on the ground...
    also a bunch of metal posts with a sort of clamp at the bottom and attached to the top a square stop sign, almost like a metal flag...