Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

The Bar or Not the Bar

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by ThKillerInMe, May 9, 2002.

1. ThKillerInMe

ThKillerInMe New Jack

i dont care if a thread like this has been started already im new to this shit.

sometimes i hate painting the bar or super type ridgey shit. but on the good side when you paint the bar your shit will never get stamped.

NOW on the other hand i feel like if you gonna take the bar then go right over it, not above it day time or not. above the bar is weak girly shit.

2. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

this is in the wrong forum.........

but anyhow ......anyone who bitches about the bar is a fucking retard , yes flat cars are the shizznzzle , but if you get stuck with the bar then suck it up , its really not that much harder , get some can control .

3. Remi Martin

Remi Martin New Jack

4. MONSTERKIDZ

MONSTERKIDZ Guest

you know what..
    i used to always and i mean always paint the bar, doors whatever..
    but now after 10 years of doing freights ill stick with the left panel
    and let the new jacks struggle with the bar..
    and if i do the right panel ill go above the bar
    what do i care about some idiot kid complaining that
    i didnt paint the bar...f him

5. SPFlatty

SPFlatty Guest

i like floaters...

6. Raw fish

Raw fish Member

I always do bar side, I mean always... Ive done like 5 of less cars number side. I like the bar actually...

7. Wilt

Wilt Guest

it doesn't really matter to me..yes i prefer the left side...i like the door too sometimes...when i get the bar..i like to paint under it sometimes...it looks coo.:crazy:

8. another loser

another loser Elite Member

ha wilt, we were just talkin about this.
    id do a grounder above the bar, if you get what im sayin.
    i dont mind the bar really. whatever.

9. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

the only thing i'll say about this is that those people out there who paint the right panel with the bar, yet they don't actually paint the bar (ie: they paint up to the bar, skip it and then continue their piece underneath the bar) need to be shot...that shit looks fucking half-ass, you might as well just do a fucking floater rather than giving up because its too much effort to paint the bar and match up those lines....blah blah blah.

10. Mr.C-Walk

Mr.C-Walk Member

but on the good side when you paint the bar your shit will never get stamped.

...thats incorrect sir>

11. L.RonHubbard

L.RonHubbard Guest

yea you just made up that part about the piece not getting stamped. And the bar is wack, but i wont hesitate to catch wreck on it. I actually dont prefer flat cars, because too many of them are ugly colors and designs. Im not feelin the brown CRAIl flats and CN flats, they llook to plain. BUt on flats by CSX, BAR, Solid Gold, and whatever else has a funky fresh desing im loving it. I like the IC Flats too. Oh yea, but the bar, the bar is wack. word.

12. krowteN

krowteN Guest

BARPHOBIA

i watch a lot of trains and i see a lot of barphobia. painting on the bar is bass ackward. 3 reasons: if the door is open 2 or 3 times the paint is going to get scraped off anyway. when the paint on the bar is put into the piece it only looks decent in a straight on flick, and motherfuck a flik, fliks are for pussies. third its just a waste of paint, paint you could be tagging or busting thro ups with. the cure for barphobia is to just paint around that shit. once you master that you'll fght for the bar side.
    now you wanna be hardcore, paint over the numbers just because.

13. Cracked Ass

Cracked Ass Veteran Member

Back when I used to care about this topic, I would have quoted Aserine. Now I'm like whatever. I have seen bar pieces where people painted it, dodged it but painted behind it to the bottom, and dodged it by floating, and in all three categories there were some dope and some wack-looking. When I do the bar side I go to the bottom and on the bar, and fuck it if it doesn't line up from an angle. If I can't get the good panel I often choose a door over the bar, and I paint the below-the-bar section of the door area. I only float when it's a loading dock or other high-standing vantage point, and then I make sure the style is one that floats OK, usually by adding drips, icicles or stalactites or a suitable cloud.
    But like I said I don't care about this anymore, so do whatever feels good.

14. chester copperpot

chester copperpot Junior Member

wow i cant believe people even sit around and think about this kind of stuff.

15. JeffLebowski

JeffLebowski Junior Member

people might sit aroun' an' think about it, or they might not...

but when it comes down to it, an' it's just you an' the bar face to face, who will go over who?!?!?!

=]