Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Some kind of monster - Metallica

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Europe, Jun 9, 2004.

1. So I went and saw this new Metallica film/documentary last night at a special screening. Its was pretty closeup film about the making of the St. Anger album, it took them over two years to finish the album. It was pretty interesting and funny, if you have been a Metallica fan at some point in your life I'm sure you will enjoy it.

James goes to Russia on a bear hunt before he disappears for a year of AA. He comes back sober and will only work from noon to 4pm every day, causing alot of trouble for the group.

Kirk takes the filmcrew surfing in Cali, his new hobby, and chills at his ranch.

Lars sells some of his amazing artcollection, including a 5 million dollar Basquiat, and talks about how he unintentionally became the most hated man in rock with the Napster case.

Jason is almost in tears talking about him leaving the band cause of James' ego. Later you see him all happy after his live debut with his new band Echobrain.

Dave Moustaine tells Lars about his 20 years in hell after getting kicked out in 1983. How every one has hated him and put him down while Metallica became the biggest heavymetal band of all time.

And the auditions for a new bassists ends with Rob being put down with the group and given 1 million dollars for starters, "to get inspired"...

Through the entire two years Metallica is being coached by Phil, a sportspsychology dude that forces them to sit and talk and open up about all their problems.

The movie is called "Some kind of monster" and has a pretty cool website with lots of info and features.

http://www.somekindofmonster.com/

http://www.somekindofmonster.com/images/press/photos/02_01.jpg'>
    Metallica at the end of the film with their mental coach Phil

[img]http://www.somekindofmonster.com/images/press/photos/03_01.jpg'>
    Jammig at one of the studios used for the St. Anger album recording.

2. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

damn.

i can't decide if that looks awesome or ridiculous.

maybe awesomely ridiculous.

i love[d] metallica, but who on earth isn't change by wealth and fame?

and changed into what?
    sports psychology? 9 to 4 rock band?

hahhahaa

i'll prollly check that out
    and i'm curious about their new album.

3. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Haha, I wanna get Lars Ulrich to sign a burnt copy.

4. Mr. Peanut

Mr. Peanut Elite Member

too bad metallica sucks a giant asshole

5. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

i've seen the trailer for this.
    heavy metal soap opera.
    first for everything huh?

6. Swiffer Jet

Swiffer Jet Elite Member

my nigga

7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

hahaha...
    let me highlight the useless music knowledge my
    brain contains..
    is that not the bass player from the almighty cheesz
    band infectious grooves(also featuring suicidal
    tendencies frontman cyco mike-o)???? hahaha

8. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

tee hee :D

i still like their old stuff though.
    you cant front on that shit.
    'pulling teeth' is fucking awesome.
    whenever i want to get amped,
    (on life, not drugs!)
    i whip out a copy of 'kill em all'.
    it gets the blood pumping for a
    long night of fun and games!

'one' is one of my favorite songs

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i believe so. he was also ozzy's most recent bass player.
    you know who else was also in infectious grooves?
    josh freeze, from perfect circle.

metallica suck horse cock now. a sports psychologist? you fucking pussies. you're a metal band, not a bunch of ballerinas. i still like kirk, cause he's ugly and greasy looking, but the rest of them? fuck off. st anger was garbage.
    no, i take that back. james was garbage. if the album was instrumental, i might have liked parts, cause it was pretty hard, but the lyrics were so horrible, i couldnt handle it.

10. KiSe

KiSe Senior Member

metallica used to be good.....
    i dont know why the spent 2 years on st. anger, they were trying to make it sound like the "garage" metal style, somthing simmilar to their first album(kill em' all) but yet they spent millions of dollars buying a wharehouse just to record their album in. They spent all that money and still couldnt equalize the fucking drums... why didnt they just do it in a REAL garage, psh metallica makes no sense anymore oh well be thankful for their first 5 or 6 albums

11. Well, this movie explains it!:idea:

Also, its funny how most of 12oz is hating on them these days cause they arent doing what they did 15 years ago. Well today, how many of yall are doing the same thing you did 15 years ago?

Kill'em all - Classic
    Ride the lightning - Classic
    Master of puppets - Classic

Quit hating...

12. High Priest

High Priest Elite Member

I actually like injustice for all quite a bit, infact id take it over master of puppets anyday.. but Kill em all was def. the strongest album.

13. the_gooch

the_gooch 12oz Loyalist

it all went downhill after and justice for all!

14. I'd like to be the exception, and state that I hate what Metallica was doing 15 years ago as well.

15. villain

villain Veteran Member

My faves are:
    And Justice For All
    Master of Puppets

Then kill em all or ride the lightning... i dunno... Almost reverse chronological order.

I think a politically motivated album from metallica for this administration would have been welcome for me.