Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

PS2 to computer monitor: what do i need?

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by seeking, Jun 12, 2005.

1. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

ive got a flat panel computer monitor that i want to run a playstation through (it's gonna be in a car)...anybody know what i need to do this? ive found adapters on ebay for like $5 that split a vga cable into rca , but it seems like that's too simple to be true.
    anybody done this?

2. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Yeah, that's basically what you need I think. You could pick one up at Radioshack. I don't know for sure because I've never tried, but if it doesn't work then you can just sell the adaptor for 5 bucks on e-bay.

3. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

in the description on ebay, they made it sound like it was some extra special shit... that only certain games could be played on them because they're so high-res, blah blah. also, i googled up a piece of hardware built for this exact purpose and it was like $60 bucks. seemed ridiculous to me, but i havent even owned a video game system since genesis, so what do i know about the shit?

4. fermentor666

fermentor666 Veteran Member

Well, I found this: http://ps2modchip.com/search.php?page=dvdx

I don't know how reputable the dealer is, but you could try searching for that on google to see if there's another dealer that sells it.

Apparently, you can't just buy a cable, you need an actual converter box that deciphers the signals. The ones for 200 something dollars either can handle a whole bunch of different devices or they're a rip-off or both.

5. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

does the monitor have an s-video connection on it? also fermentor is right.. they do carry those at radio shack and probably computer stores. the whole "some games are too hi res" sounds like total bs to me. i did car audio/video/security for the past 2 years and never heard anything like that.

with an s-video connection you could easily do it.

6. defyoner

defyoner Elite Member

seeking. if you can holler at me on aim.. ill be able to help out alot more.

aim: dephyone

7. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

no s video. do playstations have svideo out?

what i was worried about is that there might be some wacky encoading issue or something, since you (or atleast i) never hear of people running them in their cars, even though they're generaly way more quality than the shitty monitors people use.

8. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

why are you trying to use a computer monitor? And what kind of car are you trying to put this in, so many images come to mind.

9. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

ihave one for my dreamcast. It is true, you an only play certain games on it, but you can force all games to play on them, just takes some fiddling....

10. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

DH,
    using computer monitors cause i got two 15" HP's for $35 bucks. why not?
    they're going into a van.

11. Dirty_habiT

Dirty_habiT Administrator

12. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

sounds a bit silly to me, but yeah, you can go to the playstation site and find the cables.

i would post a link, but i'm lazy

13. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

a van down by the river????

[​IMG]

14. courtorder

courtorder Senior Member

hahahaha, casek, i just saw that mad tv the other day, shit is too funny!

15. 2 blaazed

2 blaazed New Jack

thats all you need right there, u can get them cheap in any electronic store