Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Prince Harry goes to a costume party...

Discussion in 'News' started by trackstand, Jan 14, 2005.

1. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

What the fuck was he thinking? I won't even start to rant about how it is offensive, because that sort of speaks for it's self, but, this is the biggest lack of judgement ever. How fucking stupid can you be? How can somebody with so much clout think that they can get away with that. Completely ridiculous. It should've been evident that the media, Jewish activist's and other political groups would jump all over you for it. Fuck I'm tired, goodnight.

2. trackstand

trackstand Senior Member

[​IMG]

LONDON - Being the son of Princess Diana buys some sympathy, but not enough to get away with wearing a Nazi uniform.

So Prince Harry is learning, to immense royal embarrassment, after his party costume provoked outrage from Jewish groups and politicians.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center urged the wayward 20-year-old to go to Auschwitz to atone; the leader of the opposition Conservative Party demanded a public apology, and another lawmaker wanted Harry barred from the army.

"What Harry did was both stupid and evil," said Lord Janner, a senior figure in Britain's Jewish community. "The time has come for him to make a public apology."

Harry made his first apology Wednesday night, just as The Sun newspaper's first edition was hitting the streets with a big headline - HARRY THE NAZI - and a picture of the young royal wearing a swastika armband.

Snap heard around world

The picture was snapped by a guest at a costume party on Saturday, and apparently sold to The Sun. "It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize," Harry said in a statement issued through the office of his father, Prince Charles.

Prince William reportedly was costumed as a leopard and lion for the "native and colonial" theme party at the home of Richard Meade, who won three gold medals in equestrian events at the 1968 and 1972 Olympics. One unidentified woman in the photo was dressed as an American Indian, while another was attired as a European peasant. A man wore what appeared to be an Arab headdress.

"I think a lot of people will be disappointed to see that photograph and it will cause a lot of offense," said Michael Howard, leader of Britain's main opposition Conservative Party.

"I think it might be appropriate for him to tell us himself just how contrite he now is," added Howard, who is Jewish.

Blair not piling on

Prime Minister Tony Blair sidestepped the furor. "Prince Harry has made it clear that he is very sorry about it. The rest of it is best to leave Buckingham Palace to comment on," he told BBC radio.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles expressed outrage.

"We strongly urge Prince Harry to accompany the British delegation on Jan. 27 to the Auschwitz death camp to commemorate 60 years since liberation," said Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the center. "There he will see the results of the hated symbol he so foolishly and brazenly chose to wear."

However, a spokesman at Clarence House, Prince Charles' London residence, said sending Harry to the ceremonies at Auschwitz "is not something we would be considering."

"Basically we felt that the prince's apology last evening was very comprehensive and extensive," said a spokesman.

Army, not school, proposed

Doug Henderson, a legislator and former defense ministry official, said Harry was unfit to take his place at Sandhurst, the military academy.

But Janner said: "I would send him in the army as fast as possible. I hope that would teach him not to behave like that."

The action also upset many Israelis.

Vice Premier Shimon Peres called it "very bizarre."

"Well, the next time he will dress up and behave like a prince," Peres said.

Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom said: "The use of Nazi symbols is always intolerable... especially now that we are marking the 60th anniversary of the release from the death camps."

The incident secured Harry's place as the current buffoon in the long-running royal soap opera.

In October, Harry got into a fistfight with a photographer outside a nightclub. Before that, a former art teacher at Eton claimed she had helped Harry cheat on an exam - a charge rejected by a tribunal. And in 2002, Charles made Harry spend a day at a drug rehabilitation center after he was caught smoking marijuana and indulging in underage drinking.

Charles himself has served his time as most disgraceful royal; so has Harry's outspoken grandfather Prince Philip, his uncles Prince Andrew and Prince Edward and their wives, and his aunt, Princess Anne.

But none made the mistake of trampling on sensitivities about World War II and the Holocaust, still vivid issues in Britain even as audiences roar at dancing Nazis in Mel Brooks' musical version of "The Producers" in London's West End.

"This incident serves as another reminder, if one were needed, of the importance for Holocaust education, particularly amongst the young," said Stephen Smith, who heads the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, which organizes British commemorations of the Jan. 27 anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz-Birkenau death camps.

Harry's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, will mark the day by holding a reception at St. James' Palace for death camp survivors and some of the British soldiers who liberated them.

3. imported_b0b

imported_b0b Guest

Really, what is the big deal? Has no-one ever dressed up like Hitler before this?

Anyway here are a couple of customes he should have gone in:

[attachmentid=6016]

[attachmentid=6015]

Attached Files:

4. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

holy crap...it took a second for the last one to register.

people forget they have the right to be offended...and then grow some thicker skin.

the swashtika was a religous symbol first.

5. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

6. JesusMachine

JesusMachine Elite Member

we all know what his swastika implied.

7. xen

xen Dirty Dozen Crew

Why dressing like hitler at school is not cool. :rolleyes:

8. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

regardless of the jewish anger.....

How many Brits dies fighting in WWII?
    How many young men faced their deaths
    in order to help 'God Save the king'?

I think this fucker should get a public flogging
    and locked in the tower of london for a few weeks.

9. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

im more annoyed that he gave the JDL and the rest of the notoriously opportunistic jewish groups something to fucking belly ache about.
    it's horrible judgement, but whatever.
    jew's act like they're the only people who were ever persecuted.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

no shit?
    so its not some new order regiment of nazis doing religous good deeds?
    damn I'm gullible.

the point I was making was that people (especially organized groups) get offended too easily. that or they just like to bitch.
    did anyone get hurt by him doing this? no.
    was it in bad taste? sure.
    all I'm saying is that mother fuckers need to grow some thicker skin. would it have been any worse or better had he dressed up like the taliban, a viking, or some other historical group that committed some kind of atrocity to mankind? thousands of small children dress up like cowboys and army men every halloween. last I checked those fuckers weren't exactly saints either.

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

12. villain

villain Veteran Member

You think that's fucked up? Check this out....

Oh and I'll add that Tony Blair is being brought up on impeachment charges.... but they probably won't go anywhere they say.
    Maybe an ounce of justice left in the world? Or is is for show?

13. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

well.... the british royal family only changed their name to 'Windsor' durring the war with the krauts.

and steveaustin.... no matter what the swastika might have ment to ancient religions.....
    hindus never wore them on red arm bands.

and there are still brittons alive who fought the nazis,
    if there's a brit still kicking who fought off the vikings,
    then I have a new hero.

14. ODS-1

ODS-1 Elite Member

Why do people care so much about these people. It's not like they do anything except for have money.

15. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

ummm....... Can you trace you lineage back 1000 years?
    the Royals are the largest property owners in the world
    followed only by the Vatican. It used to be that 1/4 of the
    planet was considered 'crown land' (regardless of what the natives thoght)
    It's more than money... it's history and culture.