Pigeon Dunks

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

from Vice mag.... the design issue

DUNKS

1.jpg

They kind of got overdone around 1999, but what a masterpiece. The Dunk first appeared in 1985, and it came with all this lofty PR talk about how it would make you fly and improve your…dunk. Nike print ads for it read, "Be true to your school." because it was one of the first sneakers to make special colorways just for college ball teams.

Real sneaker nerds will always know in their hearts that Dunks are way better than Jordans, and will quietly wait until the hype dies down enough to get them out again.

hard to say if they're really sold out when Supreme and Rival are the only two stores to ever confirm getting them and selling them.

whatever happened to KCDC's pairs?

whatever happened to Nort's pairs?

whatever happened to the Reed Space's pairs?

How come Colette in paris has these for sale?

hmmmmm? Never heard a single person mention getting theirs at any of the above spots, funny cnsidering they were supposed to drop there.

It's one thing to limit a dunk, cause hype and create a re-sale market. But it's another thing when most of the pairs for a dunk are seemingly backdoored to re-sellers/other shops! That's sadder than most of them going to re-sellers who camp out for them, at least there's some dedication and effort on the re-sellers part with that!

anyway, you'd seriously drop a G on those Pigeons raven?

im so sick of dunks anymore. my shop calls me when they get new stuff in, so i'm blessed with that, but they dont get the REAL heat, nothing like luckys or bonzais or anything like that, but i still got my hufs, my unkles, my hunters, etc from them. good shop to me. i still pay out the ear too, 150 for my hufs, 300 for unkles, but what can ya do...

• 4 weeks later...

we all have our hobbies, when it comes to kicks alot of it is bullshit but when it comes down to it, only a few pairs are made like lets say 500... these's are 500 prints of art...so when u get one its like a print ...the only thing best would be the sample which is the shoe design which is mostly just the left shoe no pairs, im tirde i hope this sorta made sence

blahh

• 3 weeks later...

from the new york post.

"SNEAKER RIOT

By RACHEL SKLAR and LEONARD GREENE

Customers on the Lower East Side were duking it out in the street yesterday over a limited-edition Nike Pigeon (NYC) Dunk skateboarding shoe.

Not even Big 'Twoine — the 300-pound bouncer hired to keep order — was able to control the dozens of "sneakerheads" who rushed the door at The Reed Space store at 10:30 a.m. yesterday.

When tempers flared, cops were called to restore order.

It was all in the name of target marketing and the desire to be the first.

"It was kind of crazy," said Nico Reyes, a store manager.

Reyes said a fight broke out after a bunch of people tried to skip the line that snaked outside the Orchard Street store.

Dozens of people had camped out for two or three days in freezing temperatures and a snowstorm in hopes of snaring one of what were only 150 pairs manufactured.

Cops said no arrests were made in the scuffle, although a man was cuffed, and cops found a knife and a baseball bat at the scene.

Although 70 people were waiting, only 20 people walked away with the prize, a pair of the rare Dunk skateboarding shoes with an exclusive New York twist — a pigeon on the heel.

Although Nike's suggested retail price is $69, The Reed Space sold its small supply for $300 a pair. Sneakerheads are selling them for as much as $1,000 on eBay.

Staple Design, which owns and operates The Reed Space, was tapped over a year ago by Nike to design the shoe, and chose a pigeon to represent New York.

"It's innate to New Yorkers," said Jeffrey Ng, Staple Design's founder and creative director. "No other bird in the world will let you walk that close to it. It's tough, and it's brave."

Gabriel Paulino, 22, of Jamaica, Queens, waited for two days, driving home only once to change and eat.

But in the melee for tickets, he came away empty-handed.

At least one sneakerhead walked away with a unique souvenir, Ng said, when a real pigeon left its mark on his shoe."

Guest imported_b0b

Shit I slept on these: they are beautiful. Only 150 pairs made? Damn. Pity, as if I did somehow get a pair I'd wear them to death and get ink on them.

4thw dunks would be on fire. Come on Raven.