Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ontario Beer prices. Billy Dee Williams is spinning in his grave.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by non-hetero, Jun 9, 2004.

1. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

...or he would be if he were dead and did not stop the Colt 45 endorsements so long ago.

The price of malt liquor beverages in Ontario has skyrocketed.

A 40 of Olde English that was once $3.95 is now $5.60! A 12 case of 710 mill Colt 45 was once $33 and is now $40.
    A sign next to my favourite section read something like this: "We on the Ontario Liquor board are committed to responsible drinking. In response we have raised the price on all beers over 6% alcohol content. Thank you, blah blah blah."

This combined with the new "beer tax" the the finance minister of Ontario introduced a few weeks ago ($4 per 24) has made drinking in Ontario not so satisfying.

The price of Lucky Lager and Laker seems to not have been effected. 24 for $24. That's all I'm drinking right now.

This is my rant.

2. non-hetero

non-hetero Member

I have found other places to spend my money. Such as rent, gas, insurance, food.

Alcohol isn't my main priority. When I chose to get drunk with the boys I want to do it economically.

Ontario isn't helping me out.

3. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

first off $3.95 ???!!!

then to $6 ?????

i'm sensing an excellent oppurtunity for mail order bidnasss here..

round my mothafuckin way, 40s of OE cop for $1.50

4. GucciCondom

GucciCondom Veteran Member

Yeah around my way every 40 is under 3 bucks. That sucks for you.

5. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Max Ice 40s went from $4.00 to $4.95. I don’t drink Lucky, but I would imagine that it’s price would have been affected, too, considering it’s Labatt’s.

This really does suck. Luckily it’s not too bad, because I can still hit the LCBO and drink my Duvels and Holsteins (my usual strong beer selections) for the normal price.

You think it has to do with Ontario people having money? I know this wouldn’t fly in Scotia, or some place like that.

6. cloner

cloner Senior Member

1.69 a 40 here...

7. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

it's a buck off moosehead 6packs !!!!

and we all know what this tax truly means....
    the rummies are gonna have to ask 10 more people on the street to get that bottle.

8. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

Damn......$6 40's? That's like...an oxymoron if I ever saw one

9. 40ozProphet

40ozProphet Guest

Canadian money isn't equal to American money.

10. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

yeah...

$5 canadian is $3.60 american (as of today}

11. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

yep
    i figured even WITH the xchg rate you were still screwed.

12. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

yeah... 'cheap booze' is more expensive in canada but 'expensive' booze is grenerally cheaper.

crown royal is so much more expensive in the states it makes me laugh.
    like 2x - 3x more in some places.

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

drinks are so variably priced in this city.
    we have bottom of the barrel to top shelf, and everything in between..

and i'm talking about bars, not liquor.

the good spot round my way will sell you a glass [of four fingers] of crown royal for $4

there's another one close by that would not even sell you that drink because technically it's illegal to serve that much to a person at once, then the halfsized drink you ended up with would cost twice as much.

14. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

5.06 for 2 mickey's.. but that was for the late night spot just outside the city limits.

15. Vanity

Vanity Veteran Member

i ussually go for the 99 cernt 32 of high life