1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Ocean Staters

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by DonzilCutlip, Jan 15, 2002.

1. DonzilCutlip

DonzilCutlip 12oz Member

Ocean Staters

Discussion started by DonzilCutlip - Jan 15, 2002

I just wanted to know what the fuk everyone thinks about the R.I scene. Im not talking about what was done 10 years ago im talking about the present. No matter who it is even if they suck nuts. I know every one of these posts ends up in an argument and i may be queer for starting a topic like this but i just wanted to know whats on the minds of you hooligans. i know ri is no new york but for such a small state shit gets done thats just my opinion but what do i know, right. So respond if you want but remember everyone sees how we fight like sissy's here in the ocean state so please think twice afterall this is meant to be a POSITIVE topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonzilCutlip - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. Willy Wonker

Willy Wonker 12oz Junior Member

Willy Wonker - Replied Jan 15, 2002

I think the scene in RI is coming back alive... but there is still mad hatin' going on. Too many people don't like each other for bullshit reasons... but it seems like a lot more people are writing again. DOA is back, Tek,Cels,Perv,Above, and Viel are all bombing lovely. Be on the lookout for TBCCCCC.

peace
    just my opinion

Willy Wonker - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  3. Passenger57

Passenger57 New Jack

Passenger57 - Replied Jan 15, 2002

I'm not calling anyone out, but some people are on the boarder line of biting. Its ok to be influenced by someone but to copy certain trademak features or styles that define a writer is wack. It cheapens that writers style, every writer knows when they took a little to much. Keep up the good work RI has lots of potential.

Passenger57 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  4. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

graffsurgeon - Replied Jan 15, 2002

my boy is in the providence scene..his older shit is dope but i think alot of the r i cats try to go on the same styles..like new school type of shit..im into burners and wildstyles..i dont really like the blocky abstract shit..but there are some nice writers out of ri...the task force is coming down on cats...my boy got busted for 3 years of shit over the summer..i also dont see that many dope handstyles out of r i, alot of cats seem like they center in on their letter style more then the sigs..check it out

www.rivandells.cjb.net

graffsurgeon - Rank: Banned - Messages:
  5. i'mlost

i'mlost 12oz Member

i'mlost - Replied Jan 15, 2002

it's good to see new shit all the time. it seems like everytime i'm somewhere there's something new. it just seems like there's a few people that just don't give a shit. if they want to paint it then they do. if we all had those balls then RI would be destroyed. unfortunately, a lot of us talk more than we paint.

i'mlost - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. Passenger57

Passenger57 New Jack

Passenger57 - Replied Jan 15, 2002

Mr. Toad where did you get this bit of info. I also heard some casual talk that the city has been conducting a two year investgation into some of the more active writers. Is this what your talking about or is all hearsay. Please be less ambiguous with your statements.

Passenger57 - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. Willy Wonker

Willy Wonker 12oz Junior Member

Willy Wonker - Replied Jan 15, 2002

Look out for undercovers creepin' downtown... Saw the same dude twice in different cars each time creepin' mad slow askin' my boy for drugs. Be safe...

Willy Wonker - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  8. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Jan 15, 2002

yo there was a guy installing a sattelite survalience system at the TEMPLE todae...thank NERD for the info on that....o yeah undercovers were following me and my boys so watch out for these piggies...

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  9. imported_MoeLarryCurly

imported_MoeLarryCurly 12oz Member

imported_MoeLarryCurly - Replied Jan 15, 2002

tek, you fucking serious about that shit?let me know next time online...peace

imported_MoeLarryCurly - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. lab rat

lab rat Guest

lab rat - Replied Jan 15, 2002

from what i hear, the RI scene--mainly providence--, is so fuckin hot you cant go 10 goddam feet with a backpack and a sweatshirt without a fuckin cop all over your ass.. and with all that shit, i think its doin pretty dam well.. especially considering how small the state is and how much attention its getting.. keep it up RI.

11. DonzilCutlip

DonzilCutlip 12oz Member

DonzilCutlip - Replied Jan 16, 2002

just a few things. first, who is Lambert ?
    sorry for my ignorance but is all this investigation shit reality or just paranoia and rumors . and if it is not that really sucks . And as far as a task force is it just providence or all of ri i thought all of this was just a myth i know only the cops are going to have all the info , but whatever you guys know, im listening. And i agree providence sucks even if you do hit shit downtown or whatever its gone the next day before anyone even sees it they are pretty on top of shit here in ri nothing stays up for very long. but im glad to see some of you mother fuckers are still trying even if it only runs for a day. but there is a certian time of the year when for some reason they let the graff accumulate for a bit so you must take advantage. and as far as that "active writer" thing be extra careful but be safe and keep this shit goin because some of us appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonzilCutlip - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  12. DBMstyles

DBMstyles 12oz Member

DBMstyles - Replied Jan 16, 2002

I kno this has nothin to do with RI but for you writers that visit Fall River, keep an extra eye out, a few writers have gotten pinched lately... them walls and tunnels that we all thought we safe and what not are not anymore, they are being watched...we all kno what tunnel im talkin about. im not sayin not to paint there just keep an eye out. this might not mean much but im just lookin out for yall.. peace

wento

DBMstyles - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. Ms.Bombastic

Ms.Bombastic 12oz Member

Ms.Bombastic - Replied Jan 16, 2002

WEll I think you're all great....cheers for trying

Ms.Bombastic - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. tEkRoCkS

tEkRoCkS 12oz Veteran Member

tEkRoCkS - Replied Jan 16, 2002

GOOD LOOKIN RI

yo to all u cats who r lookin out for one another thanks man it helps us all be safe while we do are thing...much love folks....STAY SAFE!

tEkRoCkS - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  15. tue skinny

tue skinny 12oz Elite Member

tue skinny - Replied Jan 16, 2002

i know this is dumb but mr toad also recently metioned to me earlier is. that in fall river the north end tunnels have been having construction going on around there so watch out there. just telling you know so if your planing to go there you wont have to travel from wherever and get there and find out there workers under the tunnel

tue skinny - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: