NYPD infared camera catches couple making out.....

ODS-1

Feb 24, 2005 3:39 pm US/Eastern

NEW YORK (CBS) CBS 2 has obtained a videotape that the New York City police department doesn’t want you to see. It shows cops on surveillance just before last year’s Republican Convention in Manhattan.

But it is what they were checking out that is a little disturbing.

August 27, 2004, just before the Republican National convention a police helicopter hovers over the East Village covering the critical mass ecological protest supporting more bicycle use. Hundreds are arrested. The police helicopter is equipped with an infra red camera which records images by how much heat is given off, thereby enabling police literally to see in complete darkness.

The police dutifully survey the area, but then they focus on a couple in a passionate embrace kissing and fondling each other on a roof top terrace.

The police infra scope stays on the scene for a while and then pulls away, but then it comes back a second time to watch the couple and then a third time.

However, it must be said that the couple is in complete darkness only an infrared thermal detecting camera could see this scene. The police scope then comes back to follow the woman and the warm footprints of her bare feet.

CBS 2 tracked down and showed the video to the man in the embrace, music company owner Jeff Rosner.

“I feel my privacy was invaded. We were on top floor nearest tall building is 2 blocks away and I have trees,” says Rosner.

The woman in the police sights was too embarrassed to talk to CBS 2.

“She was concerned we were caught in a more embarrassing moment,” says Rosner.

CBS 2 also showed the tape to the National Lawyers Guild. One of its members arrested during the critical mass demonstration obtained the video for the criminal case against her.

Meanwhile, what does the New York City police department say about the video?

After mulling over its response for 24 hours and all CBS 2 got out of police headquarters was a no comment.

So we cannot answer if the police department considers this appropriate use of high-tech equipment. We cannot answer if the police helicopters will in the future try to videotape and save New Yorkers making love on rooftops in complete darkness. They are hidden except for the NYPD’s infra red scope in helicopters hovering 500 feet above.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by villain@Feb 26 2005, 01:03 PM

I really think there should be stricter requirements to be a police officer.

The reason the well eduactaed people dont wanna be cops si because they dont get paid enough. Then you have a bunch of retarded 14 year old kids who think all cops are out to get them. SO hey "fuck cops" "fucking pigs" then when some rawdy ass motherfucker has a gun in your face... "oh no wheres the cops at?!"

Kill yourselfs.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder+Feb 26 2005, 01:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bobthebuilder - Feb 26 2005, 01:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-villain@Feb 26 2005, 01:03 PM

I really think there should be stricter requirements to be a police officer.

The reason the well eduactaed people dont wanna be cops si because they dont get paid enough. Then you have a bunch of retarded 14 year old kids who think all cops are out to get them. SO hey "fuck cops" "fucking pigs" then when some rawdy ass motherfucker has a gun in your face... "oh no wheres the cops at?!"

Kill yourselfs.

[/b]

You act like such a republican asshole. Shut up and kill yourself.

The bar is not set high enough. You know the types of people that get into the military.

And I don't think it's a good idea to excuse this type of behavior since peace officers SHOULD be held to a higher standard and NOONE should be this way on the job. Of course I don't expect people to be 100% correct 100% of the time because we are all only human. But that does not mean this type of behavior should be excused. All I am saying is that if there were more rigorous psychological tests then the probability of situations like this would be much lower.

And there is no comparison between graffiti writers and police officers.

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Feb 26 2005, 02:21 PM

All you fucking idiots do is critisize others. ok.. you do fucking graffiti WHICH IS ILLEGAL, how would you like it if I went to your house and spray painted it?

Dont complain about cops committing crimes when you yourself are committing crimes.

Fuckin hypocrites.

Why the fuck would you use that argument on a GRAFFITI website?

Originally posted by bobthebuilder@Feb 26 2005, 02:21 PM

All you fucking idiots do is critisize others. ok.. you do fucking graffiti WHICH IS ILLEGAL, how would you like it if I went to your house and spray painted it?

Dont complain about cops committing crimes when you yourself are committing crimes.

Fuckin hypocrites.

:five-o:

Originally posted by villain+Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sarah Tonin@Feb 26 2005, 05:23 PM

\

Actually he's a republican marine intelligence officer. We already beat him up in the CROSSFIRE forum.

[/b]

*raises eyebrow, strokes chin*

Your insular and unchallenged remarks are well documented, and we saw how when these arguments, when confronted in the real world, cannot even stand on their own. Which is why Bush avoids public appearances, fires his people that criticise him, and screens people at his conventions and press briefings. Because the truth threatens the fantasy he is living in.

Originally posted by villain+Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (villain - Feb 26 2005, 05:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sarah Tonin@Feb 26 2005, 05:23 PM

\

Actually he's a republican marine intelligence officer. We already beat him up in the CROSSFIRE forum.

[/b]

Why aren't people like this banned from the site?

At least police have some fucking human parts left of them.

Scum.