Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Moving Violations

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Hermdog, May 3, 2005.

1. Hermdog

Hermdog Elite Member

I just got back from lunch break, and unfortunatly I had an encounter with the law. I was driving through a residential area, and I had a rolling stop at an intersection. A cop witnessed my actions. Long story short, I got a warning...lucky me...."Mr. Hermdog if someone was speeding through this intersection, you would have had a nasty T-bone accident, next time be more careful..."

I'm not angry. I mean the cop was doing his job..and I was dumb enough to do it in a residential area near my home. But I don't need any marks on my record...I just finally got on my own insurance and the whip is in my name. My record is finally clean, and I don't need any insurance increases.

In my 9 years of having a license, I've been pulled over a dozen time and my car's been searched a couple times. Been to 3 different courts in 3 different counties. Points and fines....but I never lost my license. I'm curious about my fellow 12oz'ers experiences with driving and the law..

[​IMG]

2. krs702

krs702 Senior Member

i got a speeding ticket on my bday, which was a month ago. i was going 15 over on an express road off the highway. i would say it was a lil unfair bc the speed limit isnt often followed through on highways, but ye im probation for it.

3. Pfffffffffft

Pfffffffffft Moderator Crew

aside from my nasty road rage...my record and accident(me not at fault) are clean..

Pfffffffffft/game tight driver

4. Kr430n5_666

Kr430n5_666 Banned

5. 26SidedCube

26SidedCube Veteran Member

In highschool my friends and I had dogs in our car on a weekly basis. That's all I'm saying.

6. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

not a single ticket on the record.

but ive only driven about 80 times.

7. colt45oe800

colt45oe800 Member

After a 6 pack and watching a boxing fight at my friends house
    which was about a mile from my house at the time, i made a left
    turn where-get this- no left turns allowed. Sure enough a cop sees
    me pulls me over, right then i'm like shit im fucked. Roll down the
    window and look at the officer as he walks up and say the usual
    "hello officer, whats wrong?" officer tells me what i did, he never asked
    for an ID. I guess i caught him off guard by talking to him as he was walking
    to the car. I got out of any ticket, and luckily a DWI buy telling him
    my friend told me to take the shortcut, since i was not from the area(yeah right).
    I was let of with a verbal warning, and directions to a false address. Thanks 5-0

Nothing incredible, just another time slipping past the long arm of the law.

8. kido

kido Senior Member

Ive had my liscense yanked twice due to alcoholism. Both for thirty days.

9. GREENOJOS

GREENOJOS Member

i used to get pulled over more than 3 black kids in a lexus rolling through a rich white gated community.

but thanks to my current automobile of choice, its seemed to dramatically decrease my stop by cops ratio.

10. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

a couple years ago, after this party, my friend was driving four of us back home. me and one of my friends got into a fight about who was sitting shotgun, yelling at each other and waving around these jugs of carlos rossi.

when my friend pulled out of the spot and made a u turn, this cop was immediately on our ass. she had been watching us the whole time, sitting in a parking spot, half a block down.

she waited like 5 minutes after pulling us over before she walked up to the car, but it seemed like FOREVER. she lectured my friend about how bad minors get punished for drunk driving, and then she let us go.

nicest cop ever.

11. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Veteran Member

2 speeding tickets.But i was lucky both of them were more then 18 months apart.So i was able to go to traffic school and make sur ethey didn't get to my insurance company..

12. ILOSTMYBRAIN

ILOSTMYBRAIN Junior Member

None what so ever yet, knock on wood.

13. scumdog

scumdog Senior Member

i started driving at 17 without a license..got my first ticket at 19
    for driving without a license and 78 in a 70..i did not pay them
    so they suspended the license i did not have in the first place
    then got pulled over in tempe,az two years later with no license
    again and they made me pay off the first two tickets or pay
    them 1000.00 so i payed off my tickets got my license on
    my 21st. birthday and have had two speeding tickets in the
    past 9mon.and since i moved to the west coast in '01
    i have been in three accidents none were my fault..
    .....driving sucks.....

14. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

When I first got my license I was driving one of these:

[​IMG]

I got pulled over A LOT. I got my first ticket about 3 monthes after I got my license. After that I lived some kind of charmed life. I got pulled over no less than 14 times before I graduated high school. Most of the cops were pretty cool about it and let me off with a warning and a pop of the hood.

In college I got nailed for 95 in a 55. I was doing around 110, but I was losing radio reception while driving up a hill. Highway patrolman barely slowed down as he plowed through the median. I remeber seeing dirt flying in the rear view mirror. Knowing the route I was on and the fact that there was no way to lose him...I resigned myself to one hell of a ticket...so I just pulled over. Funny thing about that is...I pulled over right after the top of a hill. The cop locked up his tires trying to stop and had to put it in reverse to pull behind me. Once again....cop was fairly cool...I escaped with a ticket for 85 in a 55.

I finally got rid of that car and started driving one of these:

[​IMG]

On a trip back to college, some law-abiding citizen called me in to the cops. I had been driving pretty fast most of the trip. So...cop pulls me over. I've got all my shit together as well as I could for being four sheets to the wind. Right before I got pulled over...I slowed down to within 7 miles of the speed limit...so I was kinda freaking out thinking I had been swerving or something. Cop comes up to the car and asks me to step out of the vehicle. At this point...I'm like...oh shit...I'm going to jail. He tells me to approach the police cruiser and put my palms on the hood of the car and do the whole spread eagle thing. Still thinking...oh shit...going to jail. He tells me he pulled me over because there were reports of a vehicle matching my cars description driving at speeds over 100 mph while firing an automatic weapon out of the vehicle! He then asks me if I have any weapons in the vehicle to which I reply no. This goes on a couple more times with the cop attitude flaming up. Dude asks to search the car...I tell him to knock himself out and go ahead and check it. Long story short...I ended up getting off with an apology and a dig on senior citizens with cell phones. Oh yeah...the gun fire sound...was my muffler...it had almost completely fallen off.

I've got a few more, but I'm gonna cut it short for length. I speed all the time and I budget two lawyers fees and fines for every year. If I don't get busted...I spend it on something cool. This year...it'll be a new radar detector.

15. Fondles

Fondles Veteran Member

maaaaaaaaan i just got a speeding ticket for going 60 in a 45 on the street that my house is on (which is 7 lanes), and then to make matters worse, a couple days later I got a fucking ticket for having my car baaarely sticking over the railroad tracks. Shit cmon now, if i seen a train coming, better believe that my car is a ghost. fuckin cop acting like its a fucking psa, "It dangerous to have your car blahblah trains blahblha accidents balhblha" what a clown, die.