i got the wrong bolts for my ikea chairs....

boogie hands

so i get my 4 unassembled dinning room chairs from ikea today. im all excited, i lug the boxes up 3 floors and plop them down to assemble them. everything is going well and then i get to attaching the back rest. according to the diagram im supposed to have a bolt with one little fin on the end. apparently im supposed to bang this fin into the back rest so the bolt becomes flush and i can screw the nut onto the other end and secure it. well instead i have these bolts with boxes on the end, there is no way in hell im going to be able to pound a square into the back of this thing without breaking it, my other option is to not have the bolt flush with the surface and being the anal bastard that i am thats not even being considered. so now im going to have to put up with four unassembled chairs lying around my apartment for 2 or 3 weeks. then on top of that im going to have to write some retarded description on how the bolts i received are not the right ones and according to the diagram i need bolts with fins instead of boxes, ill probably just draw a picture....heres my chair except mine are beech instead of white because white furniture matches wicker and wicker is country as shit, i dont get down like that.....

http://mediaserver4.ikea.framfab.se/product_images/PE039436.JPG'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Call the company rather than write, it will be faster. I call companies all the time if something is wrong with their product, even if it's not. I have gotten so many free parts from Little Tykes it's not even funny. Either the kids will break and or lose pieces, or I will get something from a garage sale without all the pieces. Little Tykes doesn't even ask, they just send the shit out and it arrives in a couple of days.

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by shameless self promotion

For some reason im reminded of fight club...i dono why...the ikea that was near me was turned into a vans skate park long ago..but that was long ago..and i havent been back there since...i hear theres one across the street...

i got the same vibe haha...

boogies new name is domesticated mcsuburbs

Originally posted by bobobi11

Call the company rather than write, it will be faster.

hahha...right, you read my discription, you think im going to be able to verbally convey that?

"yeah, ive got this bolt with the square on it, the instructions say i need the one with the fin......i dont know! its got a squre on the end!....look....alright, you know the bolts with the squre?....no?....alright, take a circle, then add a squre and then add the bolt....alright....i need one just like it except replace the square with a shark fin....what?....THE FUCKING SHARK FIN!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? YOU DONT EVEN KNOW YOUR OWN GODDAMN PRODUCT?!?!"

im going to write them....

funny shit fr8lover...

Archived