1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

*HumanRights...WarCrimes

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Sep 5, 2002.

1. *HumanRights...WarCrimes

Discussion started by imported_Tesseract - Sep 5, 2002

So i've been thinking about that shit, why is it that all the talk about human rights concerns other parts of the world? I came to the conclusion that there's no other term as abstract than human rights. Check any era in history, people just got steped over again and again.
    Christians in Crusades...Germans on world domination...Europeans on colonialism...Mushlims on jihad...Communists on Communism...Alexander the great on world domination...US on peacekeeping...Rome in Empire...and the list goes on, masacre upon masacre in the name of something, an idea and a cause.

Another funny abstract term is WarCrimes, what the fuck does that mean? You're not allowed to shoot a footsoldier with a tankcanon...fuck yeah, since when killing people was such a noble sport that rules where involved?

Point being made is that human rights and war crimes are made up terms of things that never existed, or more likely they existed as a phenomenon thats always happening, shits so old and profound that could be called 'nature' as well. Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying that we should tolerate with all that, but to me the whole talk is made by a bunch of rich wives that talk about poverty over tea at hilton. Its disorientating at least, to have the media decide whats the new hot place on earth to help while 70% of the world is suffering the same shit....uthiopia is sooo 89'... Or having the UN calling some country leader War Criminal while the leaders that bombed the shit out of his ass are nominated for peace nobel prize.

To sum it up, do you think that third world citizens have time to demonstrate about their violated rights? no, they just cope with life the best they can...Do you think that prisoners in Turkey are benefitted from reports? I doubt it...I remember someone talking about how cheap human life is in the third or even the second world...well life's cheap in first world equally...we just get to file reports

2. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 5, 2002

At least you didnt say 'first'...go sniff undies

3. socrates

socrates Guest

socrates - Replied Sep 5, 2002

War Crimes are when the UN is too afraid too prevent a genocide so they wait til it's over to stop them

4. effyoo

effyoo 12oz Elite Member

effyoo - Replied Sep 5, 2002

made up rules for so-called civilized countries to follow, and when they break them they get away with it anyway. unless its america of course

effyoo - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  5. Pistol

Pistol Dirty Dozen Crew

Pistol - Replied Sep 5, 2002

exactly. Milosevic was a pretty evil dude. Ordering the mass murder of thousands of civilians and putting them in mass graves. Then after the US began our "War on Terrorism" Milosevic was trying to say he was the first to fight the war. Saying the people he was killing were Islamic terrorists. Yeaaah sure buddy. He was trying to say he was just like the US.

There is a difference between killing innocent civilians on purpose and mass burying them to hide the fact and the US dropping a bomb on some heads.

Pistol - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  6. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 5, 2002

Hahaha, funny you mention cause that was the example i wrote in the first place, without dropping names...you got it a bit wrong there.

Milosevic was and is a bastard, responsible for many bad things in yugoslavia. After the civil war between the christians and the mushlims and the split of yugoslavia in two, The US, the whole NATO actually decided to move in an operation to destroy the dude. The whole op was suposed to last three days and it was planned as massive air attacks, as usual. The op was a failure that lasted about two weeks, if you believe that only 'some heads' were hit, dont...Belgrade, the capitol was totally destroyed, all the bridges were bombed and lots of civilians were killed. After the whole thing ended milosevits was captured and thrown to court for warcrimes and Clinton and Blur were nominated for the peace nobel prize for the same war.
    Apart from all that, Al quida members and camps are known to exist in albania, yugoslavia and the balcans in general and milosevic is partially right because if he fought muslims he had to do with them aswell inside his own counrty. I think that milosevic never stated that he is the same with US, more like that he did the same thing but didnt get away with it and a nobel prize.

7. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Sep 5, 2002

Not only are the terms war criminal and Human rights misued,
    so is the word terrorism. That word has been tossed around so much of late,
    and for obvious reasons, it really stings!

But let's clear something up.
    There's a HUGE difference between Terrorism and Guerilla Actions.
    The Isreali government considers any act of agresstion towards it
    an act of terrorism. Well sure a suicide bombing is terror, but attacking
    a war tank with a rocket launcher is a guerilla action.

As much as US foreign policy may disagree,
    Just because your group doesn't have millions to put towards the
    'defence department' and they dont have a useless seat at NATO,
    doesn't make them a terrorist faction.

Soliders killing soldiers is fine by me.
    Civilians killing soldiers in defence is fine for me too.
    Soldiers launching an offencive against civilians is NEVER ok.

8. kissmyass#1

kissmyass#1 12oz Senior Member

kissmyass#1 - Replied Sep 5, 2002

there is "no peace, without war."

kissmyass#1 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. shameless self promotion

shameless self promotion 12oz Legend

shameless self promotion - Replied Sep 5, 2002

[​IMG]

shameless self promotion - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  10. Are2

Are2 Guest

Are2 - Replied Sep 5, 2002

a short look at some of what the japanese did to the chinese post WWII is a perfect example of war crimes and human rights violations..

the rape of nan kang is a book about it..
    i won't go into it, but the soldiers abused and sexually tortured the citizens of china, often in public, and leaving the remains of their victims on display...some of what they did is fucking horrendous...with broomsticks, shovels, bayonets, etc..really gut-wrenching

and for a modern example, look at sierra leone..
    children whose parents(innocent civilians) were murdered
    they were then kidnapped and forced (usually at gunpoint) to become soldiers themselves...forced to rape, mutilate, dismember. take cocaine and dope, and go into battle..these were children...teenage boys.
    their victims fared no better...often missing feet or hands, sometimes more, the people of sierra leone have been abused and fucked over as much as any other group in history it seems...

all so some fucking bitch can have her diamond ring...
    those are war crimes..

and those are people who cannot help themselves, and need a decrepit, poorly run instituion like the u.n. to come in and try to help them..

and by the way, nothing al qaeda did in the balkans is enough to justify milosevic's 'ethnic cleansing' plan..

can you imagine??!!! what would happen if pres.bush decided that was how the u.s. would fight sleeper terrorist cells in the u.s. (which there undoubtedly are)..
    by fucking "ethnic cleansing?!"
    get real...that was fucking genocide!

11. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Sep 5, 2002

;)

12. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 5, 2002

To start with, Al qaeda did nothing in the balcans apart from hiding and organising, what happened there was a civil war between people of two different religion groups, christians and mushlims.
    To take it back in history, the communist party leader and prime general secretary of former yugoslavia, TITO was the man that got mushlims and christians to live together united for a long period of time. TITO, like all communist leaders was a 'religious' icon there, so while he was around he was worshipped by both groups that left aside their religious differences for the moment. Now everyone that knows a bit of history knows that religion always creates discort. And so it happened, after TITO died hell broke loose, muslims and christsians went from brothers to killing their selfs for over a decade. If you leave CNN out and use common sense you'll realise that in a civil war where people claim the same land they were born cannibalsm is given on both sides. I dont see how mushlims and christians had a different plan than wipping eachother from the face of earth, or just yugoslavia. Where do you draw the line between who's ethnic cleansing plan was wrong and right?
    They both wanted the country 'clean'
    I wont even pick a side cause i really hate em both and i dont see a difference between them.

I dont know what makes you think that pres.Bush runs a fair battle, or if your countrys internal fight against terrorism is going on through democratic prceedures, still you can easily imagine that even in the US the backround of a civil war leaves space for many many things.

As far as UN is concerned i concider their help 'picky' for example, Turkey continues the genocide against the kurds, there are thousands of reports in all the organisations about human rights, the french voted one year ago the decision to label the turks fight against the kurds 'genocide' still noone is sending 'peacetroops' or any kind of aid, simply because turkey is US's homeboy in the middleast, they provide, airbases next to irak, they're NATO member and above all OIL.

13. imported_Tesseract - Replied Sep 5, 2002

Brown, i stole your line homeboy, pardon me but its the best damn thing you can say to some of our 'friends':)

14. rip

rip 12oz Elite Member

rip - Replied Sep 5, 2002

so why can civilians attack soldiers, but soldiers cant attack civilians?

rip - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  15. Are2

Are2 Guest

Are2 - Replied Sep 5, 2002

i'm also not defending the u.n.
    which, if you read my original post said they were decrepit..
    in other words, a dead or dying organization..
    but they are there and maybe do a little good for some of the downtrodden, forgetten of the human race..

i thought you started this to discuss the human rights of innocents
    but instead it may be a soapbox against current government climates and u.s. foreign policy
    whatever